The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Held the ball up well for us yesterday and bought a lot of fails. Noticed a couple of times he moved his foot to the defenders tackle to earn free kicks yesterday. The ref obliged but he needs to be careful he doesn’t do that too often and we get caught on the break like against Watford.

• Like 1

He looked incredibly frustrated at times last night. Must be infuriating for him playing with some of our players at times.

There was two moments. One we got to the edge of their box in the second half, played some nice passes, he created space and gave it to Hourihane and he just easily lost it and everything broke down. Grealish was fuming.

And another when we were defending, won the ball, got it to El Ghazi in our own half, Jack was open for a pass right in front of AEG and he just hoofed it 50 yards towards the corner to nobody. Jack was livid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Held the ball up well for us yesterday and bought a lot of fails. Noticed a couple of times he moved his foot to the defenders tackle to earn free kicks yesterday. The ref obliged but he needs to be careful he doesn’t do that too often and we get caught on the break like against Watford.

That’s his party piece, does it pretty much every game. 

• Like 1

Real captains performance last night with moments of skills. He's getting more of a  complete player after every game. 

Stick him in that Leicester team and they would be neck and neck with Liverpool . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

That’s his party piece, does it pretty much every game. 

He does but he seemed a little extra blatant yesterday. Or maybe it was the replays showing it more. He’s the media darling at the moment though so will get his free kicks but it’s a bit risky. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He looked incredibly frustrated at times last night. Must be infuriating for him playing with some of our players at times.

There was two moments. One we got to the edge of their box in the second half, played some nice passes, he created space and gave it to Hourihane and he just easily lost it and everything broke down. Grealish was fuming.

And another when we were defending, won the ball, got it to El Ghazi in our own half, Jack was open for a pass right in front of AEG and he just hoofed it 50 yards towards the corner to nobody. Jack was livid.

I think he was too far forward and left at times in the first half - I think the half time talk reminded him to drop deeper and give him the chance to influence the game more. We really need him more central to orchestrate our play. 

Don't see any reason why England's midfield for the next few tournaments cant be Grealish and Maddison to be honest. If these 2 aren't better than the likes of Dier/Rice/Lallana I must be watching different players.

• Like 2

Brilliant game management from Jack last night. At least someone has the intelligence to do it. Dictated the pace of the game when we had possession and Leicester just could not get the ball off him. Also feel sorry for him having to endure such poor passing from his team mates, giving the ball away time and time again. I actually cant wait to see Drinkwater in action!

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I think he was too far forward and left at times in the first half - I think the half time talk reminded him to drop deeper and give him the chance to influence the game more. We really need him more central to orchestrate our play. 

Just did a rewatch. He started dropping deeper halfway through the first half.  Brendan countered that by putting on another more defensive minded midfielder, pretty much a Jack tracker.  Also, Leicester's CBs were almost coming into our attacking 3rd to win the ball back from Jack. They know he is our only threat. 

I pray Drink water can still hit those 40 yard over the top balls that Vardy used to run on to. The gaps will be there as teams put all their focus on nullifying Jack.   

• Like 2

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Just did a rewatch. He started dropping deeper halfway through the first half.  Brendan countered that by putting on another more defensive minded midfielder, pretty much a Jack tracker.  Also, Leicester's CBs were almost coming into our attacking 3rd to win the ball back from Jack. They know he is our only threat. 

I pray Drink water can still hit those 40 yard over the top balls that Vardy used to run on to. The gaps will be there as teams put all their focus on nullifying Jack.   

if he can do that he will be an amazing asset for us. we really lack someone in the midfield besides Jack who can play a ball. Jota can but is way too limited and slow and also utilized more on the wing as backup. I think Danny could be a very astute signing, but we'll have to see.

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Don't see any reason why England's midfield for the next few tournaments cant be Grealish and Maddison to be honest. If these 2 aren't better than the likes of Dier/Rice/Lallana I must be watching different players.

They don't play in the same position as any of those players?

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think southgates preference would be 3 from rice / Henderson / winks / ox and to be fair to him last couple of games I've watched winks has played well but its safe and boring, puts too much emphasis on the front 3 to get us out of the shit which to be fair to kane and sterling because they're world class they can, the latter stages of the euros it wont work though same as it didn't at the WC

My worry with Jack is whether he’s going to burn out at some point this season. He’s putting in massive 90 minute shifts every week, sometimes a few times a week. He never gets a chance to stroll through a game or have a rest on the bench.

His run of form last season came after an injury layoff, and that might have actually helped him sustain that form through to the play off final.

One of the things I like about the 3-4-3 shape is it does give us a couple more options in attack besides relying on Jack to create something out of nothing, but he is still very, very important to the system.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

They don't play in the same position as any of those players?

Its more about the fact they would take their spots in the squad than on the pitch. They are better players.

If we are playing one up front I suppose that still leaves a spot for someone sitting infront of the back 4 but I would still prefer someone else over Rice or Dier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Part of him must have been thinking how much better it'd be to play for a side like Leicester.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Part of him must have been thinking how much better it'd be to play for a side like Leicester.

You could,, you could also say it would be so much better to support a team like Leicester but we don't and neither does he, it's a right pain in the arse but many of us and Jack are born into this club, good or bad UTV

52 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

loved his wee half volley switches from throw ins that he was doing last night. did it a few times. dont know if anyone else noticed but they were class

Yeah, lovely, switched play so quickly.

He did look knackered at times, he can’t carry us all season or he’ll burn out. Need McGinn back to share the running.

7 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I just pray we get someone with enough pace to run on to them. 

• Like 1

Â