The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

😖😖

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He liked a photo of one of his celebrations with the caption 'This. But in a Red Shirt'

Was told yesterday that Southgate has told he wants England football he need’s to leave. United are in for him. 

Ridiculous Southgate could say that. His ability to carry a poor side and shine shows more than if he was playing with better players. He can do it all and Southgate has been at enough of our games this season to see that. 

We all know Utd are fluttering their eyelashes at Jack with OGS telling him he was the best player on their pitch and their twitter fanbase all stalking Jack and acting like bonafide groupies; but was genuinely shocked to see JG now liking that tweet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ridiculous Southgate could say that. His ability to carry a poor side and shine shows more than if he was playing with better players. He can do it all and Southgate has been at enough of our games this season to see that. 

We all know Utd are fluttering their eyelashes at Jack with OGS telling him he was the best player on their pitch and their twitter fanbase all stalking Jack and acting like bonafide groupies; but was genuinely shocked to see JG now liking that tweet.

He probably didn’t. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt read too much into a tweet , but he was pretty pissed off after the game and he made a comment along the lines of he didnt want to dig his team mates out which to me indicates he is frustrated with the lack of effort/quality alongside him. He was also not too impressed with his lack of time on ball in last 2 games.

To be really brutally honest, we've probably kept him longer than a club in our position would have ordinarily. If we was still a top 8 pretty much ever present we could build a team around him for the best part of a decade. As it is he'd almost certainly going to go somewhere else, probably at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

I can't see Southgate saying that to him. He should want his players getting regular game time in the top league and tearing it up, taking that form into the national squad. OK, he would get that at Man U, but is Ole any better at coaching than Dean? Is him playing alongside a Pogba really going to add anything to his game? It hasn't for the others in that squad.

Would him getting less game time at a club like City be better for England? Yes he'd have world class coaching and play alongside the world's best players. Yes probably better for Jack as an individual, but as much as I love him and think he's great - he'd get less game time.

For Jacks career I absolutely understand it would make sense for him to leave. I get that. But for England, which is what Gareth should care about, there are positives and negatives and I can't see him making calls like that for a young lad. I understood it when we were in the championship.

But then I suppose Gareth himself thought he needed to leave us too....

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

No way Southgate says that. 
Not only is it not needed, it would be incredibly disruptive to the player and the club he plays for.

Pure bullshit

Especially given its clear he didnt say it to Tyrone.

• Like 1

As I've said ad nauseam there's an extremely high probability that he walks out on this shower of shite this summer.

He has achieved all he realistically can at this club, playing over 170 times for us, captaining us, captaining us to promotion at Wembley. He's now having the season of his career so far at the highest level he has played at. It's absolutely essential for his career that he leaves us in order to play with much better players and to compete at an even higher level.

The only prospects for him here is bottom half finishes for the next few years, at best there might be a top half finish, but it's increasingly likely that we will just go down anyway so.. Not good enough for a player as good as he is regardless of what happens this season.

• Like 1

Jack would never leave Villa apart from to go to real or juve. This is all a PR stunt to get the board to spunk big money on proven class so he can fire us up the table.

As Geldoff said "We need to spent the fooking money now!"

get the piateck, get sturridge, get Benteke. and Andros Townsend.

It's spend or go you adidas rocket polisher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sometimes it's important to recognise that some situations just have no winning moves. 

If we hadn't gone up last season, we'd have lost Jack. If we had bought vastly more expensive players, we might have stayed up, or we might have hit injury crises (because no squad) and gone back down anyway. Or we might have hit financial trouble, and lost Jack. Or we could have done what we did, and buy what we hoped was a PL squad on the 'cheap', but it isn't good enough, so we'll lose Jack.

I think we were just always going to lose him, and there wasn't an alternative path. I just hope we see him play at his best for the next few months, rather than getting into a funk and resting on his laurels. 

• Sad 1

Â