The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Not many players complete a whole season uninjured at some point. Doesn't necessarily mean they get worse as players. Look at KDB for example, gets injured quite a bit but he's an absolute monster.

Agreed, some of them actually get STRONGER and better with extended rehabilitation, strength work etc.

Also gives them time to reflect and analyse the game, and their game more.

Of course given it's not an injury which damages muscles etc beyond repair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Anyone see his run in the 83rd or so minute and running full pelt "dinked" the ball over the defender and went past him like he literally wasn't even there?

I'm so glad he's getting into dangerous positions and finishing now because my comparison of Totti about 4 years ago was wavering :lol:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really funny seeing United fans having protracted discussions on signing him when he's not even been linked. They seem to think he's a United fan for some reason too.

He said old Trafford is his favourite stadium to play at away from home. So that means that he is going to sign for them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He said old Trafford is his favourite stadium to play at away from home. So that means that he is going to sign for them. 

Funnily enough Arsenal fans think he supports them as he said the Emirates was his favourite stadium too. Talk about clutching at straws.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Seems to be going for headers more now as well , connected well with his disallowed goal.

And actually timing late runs for them into the box really well - there was another today where the defender just beat him to it but you could tell it was something they have been working on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And actually timing late runs for them into the box really well - there was another today where the defender just beat him to it but you could tell it was something they have been working on.

That was a fantastic header today the way he ghosted in. Love that he is more willing than ever to have a crack at goal. His confidence is really up in this respect and I want to see him testing the keeper as much as possible. 

Just think, Grealish was robbed of an assist against Crystal Palace for "diving", and arguably robbed of another goal today with a ridiculous VAR call. Would be having some season stats wise if those two counted.

• Like 3

My favourite thing about Grealish has always been his intelligence combined with his selflessness. If he doesn't get the goal or even the final pass for an assist, he doesn't care.

Every time he picks the ball up he's trying to create the best situation for us to score or to take the pressure off, and 9 times out of 10 he makes the right decision. Whether that's taking it on himself, playing a killer ball, playing it for an overlapping fullback to cross or just keeping things ticking over, he has always been unbelievably intelligent in these situations, and known when to release it. He knows when to beat a man and when to just lay it off, and his weight of pass has always been phenomenal.

Combine this with his unbelievable close control and dribbling ability, his improved finishing (he now has much more confidence to take a situation on himself), and his more powerful physique, and we have an absolute gem of a player. One of the best in the league easily.

Edit: To add, what truly makes him special is his positive, determined, winning mentality.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

He'd start for in midfield for Liverpool, he'd start on the wing (or midfield!) for City.

You have to say that makes him one of the better players in the world. He's absolutely top top level, Christ what a sad day when he leaves.

For the first time in about a year he missed a decent pass today, went left to Luiz/Wes when Trez was in on the right early second half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be fair we had a couple of fans saying we could get Pochettino in as manager. Every club has it's share of thickos supporting them.

Well, thats much easier than getting a player like Grealish from a PL team. Grealish wouldn't cost less than 80m (and I'm being generous here). Our owners won't be easy on selling him. Even Pep said that Jack is too expensive for him.

Pochettino doesn't have a team yet. A proper offer could make him think. Currently, only Man Utd can get him in the PL. Can't see Chelsea sacking Lampard before the end of the season, Arsenal just got Arteta.

I'd say in the whole Europe, its:

Top 6, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund. Apart from that any PL team could compete with whoever. Maybe Inter, Napoli and some here or there. But in reality, everyone in our league getting the same categories of players which some of CL teams.

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Funnily enough Arsenal fans think he supports them as he said the Emirates was his favourite stadium too. Talk about clutching at straws.

If that were the case then he'd probably be the only person in the world who ranks that soulless enormo-dome as their favourite stadium. 

Edited by The_Rev

Southgate just doesn't use this type of midfielder.

It's the same reason Maddison has barely featured in his squads, despite being a brilliant player (still a level above Grealish I say as I pop my tin hat on)

Southgate seems to like a DM and two shuttling midfielders and then use the wide players to do all the attacking and creating.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Southgate just doesn't use this type of midfielder.

Southgate seems to like a DM and two shuttling midfielders and then use the wide players to do all the attacking and creating.

That's because he's a shit manager

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â