The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

What angers me is that everyone knows that mancity needs a striker and they still prioritizing our boy :(((

Yeah I cant understand why a centre forward isn't getting this attention from them 

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe let’s wait and see what happens before we slag him off and say he’s a snake and stuff? Just a thought.

Your common sense approach has no place here,  my friend. 

• Haha 2

With my Villa hat taken off, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. The reality is that he's one of the best players in the league, and keeping those players at a club that'd do well to finish 6-8th over the next couple of seasons is virtually impossible. 

Yes, he could stay at the Villa, be our captain and help us build, which means realistically sacrificing his opportunity to compete at the very highest level for the next few years. In essence, he'd run the risk of being another Le Tissier or Shearer.

Alternatively he could go to City and be virtually guaranteed to win the league, loads of domestic silverware, and probably the champions league too, all whilst playing under one of the greatest managers the game has ever seen + earning a ton of money.

I want him to stay, I hope he does, but I wouldn't begrudge him a move (as ill timed as it may be). It's a short career and one that could easily end with an empty trophy cabinet.

Also, being objective, £100 million could buy us a few players that would strengthen the squad as a whole so we weren't so reliant on just one player, especially a play who seems to spend a quarter of every season injured.

Right, objective hat off. Villa hat back on. I **** hope he stays. If he doesn't, I'll hunt him down and shave his silly hair and pull his socks right up.

That'll learn him.

• Haha 2

Could I ask someone who follows American sport about how they managed the big names at the Bucks? I remember someone on here a while ago saying that they were on the ascendance because they kept their best players. I was wondering if there is any precedence there for how they are about to handle this? 

If there is a bid then surely we have either accepted or rejected?  it does not stay in the inbox for hours not being looked at.

Agent is playing off both clubs to get best deal for his client is my guess.  Bid has not been officially made and talks with Jack are ongoing.  Family will be in his ear.  Wes and Nas will be talking to him. Deano and the players.

He has only just landed back so still all up in the air.

Keep the faith people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Yeah I cant understand why a centre forward isn't getting this attention from them 

Because the only thing Pep hates more than male pattern baldness is a striker. He’d probably rather have his goalkeeper not be allowed to use his hands than have to play a striker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Could I ask someone who follows American sport about how they managed the big names at the Bucks? I remember someone on here a while ago saying that they were on the ascendance because they kept their best players. I was wondering if there is any precedence there for how they are about to handle this? 

American sports are designed to allow teams the chance to keep their best players. They can offer what's called a super max contract, which is more money than any other team can offer. 

In basketball, one man can turn a nothing team into title contenders, so it's easier to convince someone like Giannis that he can get success there. 

The comparisons to Giannis and his contract are pointless. Completely different scenarios and situations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

If there is a bid then surely we have either accepted or rejected?  it does not stay in the inbox for hours not being looked at.

Agent is playing off both clubs to get best deal for his client is my guess.  Bid has not been officially made and talks with Jack are ongoing.  Family will be in his ear.  Wes and Nas will be talking to him. Deano and the players.

He has only just landed back so still all up in the air.

Keep the faith people.

You've answered your own question there I think, if the bid has been formally made they'll all be talking to each other, they'll take a few days to consider it not minutes or hours, wouldn't be surprised if they're all there Monday morning waiting for Jack to come in will spend a few hours talking to him and then accept / reject the bid

If that process is sped up then I'd also guess that it's at Jack's request 

5 minutes ago, jim said:

They absolutely will. There are some out there that have an unhealthy obsession with Jack.

And you just know the media and pundits will be all over us, making the club look bloody terrible at every patronzing opportunity they get. The knock-on effect of him leaving are so big. The impact of fans slating Jack on our current players,  the message it sends to our good players and young prospects, the ability to attract players and so on.

If he goes, I don't think the money will come close to compensating for the negative fallout, not for some time anyway. I still believe in our owners big time and still believe (hope) he stays another year. If we don't make Europe this year, OK go with all our blessing and get your medels and we we'll manage and prepare for it. But not now, like this when we are so bloody close and the season is about the start!

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It is crazy money, I'd like more... Get it up to £120m and you're in 3rd highest transfer every territory which to be fair is insane 

And the rest.

£150m/£160m atleast!

This is a player who is now in his prime years and an England international.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

You've answered your own question there I think, if the bid has been formally made they'll all be talking to each other, they'll take a few days to consider it not minutes or hours, wouldn't be surprised if they're all there Monday morning waiting for Jack to come in will spend a few hours talking to him and then accept / reject the bid

If that process is sped up then I'd also guess that it's at Jack's request 

If the bid is acceptable as in the money we want and we know more about his injury then I say we would have accepted.  If despite this the offer is pants we reject it.   No need to talk to player.

11 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Becuase they want Kane and Spurs are not bucking on price so they moved to Jack as want one marquee signing.

As for comment on Pep being a great manger ,yes his team play great football but he is has been at 3 clubs who dominate Thier leagues and spent an absolute shed load along the way.

The money brought in by Chelsea and Man cities owners distorted the transfer market but the champs league cash is the next major factor cripling the rest of the league's in Europe for clubs who don't make it .

Leicester a prime example ,actually won the league but they had Chelsea and City take 2 of best players and have fallen short every since meanwhile those 2 contested the champs league final.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Why the f*** are we going to accept this offer: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12368063/jack-grealish-manchester-citys-100m-transfer-bid-for-england-midfielder-expected-to-be-accepted-by-aston-villa

This has all been one balls up, I then read that we bid £25m for JWP yesterday which was clearly not going to be accepted.

Now whether they are going to accept this offer because Grealish has expressed a desire to go, or because there is a release clause, I've absolutely no idea, but what an incredible let down. I hope they have prepared for the backlash because there will absolutely be one.

From what it looks like, we are going to sell him and have no other players in as replacement other than Buendia who we signed 2 months ago. What an absolute sh*t show by the club. 

If there is a release clause in his contract on 100M and Man City have released it there's not much we can do about it.

It's all up to Jack now.

Please turn them down Jack.

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The rules are geared so that the team you are at can offer you the most money. At the end of the day what’s the difference between $230m over 5 years and $180m over 4. Middleton just blossomed in to a very good player with them. They signed Bledsoe to a horrible contract and we’re able to get out of it and get Holiday by overpaying. Lopez was picked up on the cheap and got good money to stay.

• Thanks 1

Â