The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

People in this thread carrying on and calling other people drama queens can go and do one. 

If we're not allowed to get upset at a player like Jack who has been with us his entire life going to a club like Man City, what's the point in following football at all?

100% - no offence to those that are not self declared bedwetters but I haven't been thinking about anything else that's important to one's actual life, for the last 7 days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It’s a real kick in the bollocks to the younger generation who had a shit time through Covid and probsbly have to go through the loss of their hero. Jack has been catalyst of the feelgood factor in and around the club. We will recover no doubt and in the long term will grow stronger with these owners, However the short-term effects are going to be exceptionally damaging for the coming season

• Like 1

I’ll be concerned if our owners accept £100m without a release clause to be honest. 

We don’t have to sell. If Jack wants to go make him hand in a request.

There’s no scenario here where Jack leaves and gets to be considered a legend. As far as I’m concerned he will just be another player who talked the talk but ultimately was blinded by excessive riches. 

He will regret the decision when his career is done if he leaves now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Have you been spending to much time in the SHA thread?

Were Shaw and co actually at the shop last night, were you there then?

No Sir, only stopped an hour once they emptied my wallet

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It could be, we said no that offers not good enough to City and the City side of the story consider it a negotiation whereas Villa would consider it rejected, but because we don’t share information, the bid being rejected won’t get reported.

That is entirely glaringly absent - the opinion of NSWE. As it stands he aint sold, yet the £100m (£90mill plus Sean Wright Phillips) went in days ago. While I'm giddy with it all the one hope that I have is the wisdom of 60 year old billionaires, VS camp grealish. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s how I took it. Almost seems like Percy has taken it as a given that 100m would be accepted but since then something has changed. 

Nothing has changed  , 100% the move will go through very fast from here and the bid will be accepted as that’s what we agreed to when Jack signed a new deal - Jack will be going to Man City and we must now get on with our own plans and try to not let this derail our season .

it is disappointing but we were aware this could happen and had a contingency plan regarding signings . Anyone expecting  a change of heart will not get it , I personally thank  Jack for all he’s done for this club and wish him well - the grass  is not always greener  but I totally understand his reasons . 

no doubt there will be cries of bullshit or says who so I will give this thread a miss until it goes through as some of the abuse people get when they post stuff  is not right - nobody wanted to lose Jack but as a club we move forward onwards and upwards .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We were negotiating for ESR who was never for sale.

Yeah I agree a similar situation.

There's way more noises in this deal though, and ESR was never gonna leave a boyhood club to join a club who finished below them.

This is a team who won the league, played in  the Champions League final is coached by Pep Guardiola and have KDB, Jacks favorite player there.

City will give him a super contract. They can offer wages we simply cannot compete with.

Jack is a Villa fan but he is also a professional footballer who is driven and wants to win things and the sad reality is he is highly unlikely to win anything with Aston Villa.

I'd love for him to do a Le Tissier but as of now I am pretty certain he will be gone.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We were negotiating for ESR who was never for sale.

That's the thing, were we negotiating?

Maybe we said "how about 30m for ESR?" and Arsenal said no.

We then said "ok, how about 35?" and they said no and that was that.

Media went into frenzy for a few days, VillaTalk was full of fish puns and Kenneth Williams GIFs but it might not have been a "negotiation".

I'm hoping that the Jack saga is not a negotiation either.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

100% the move will go through very fast from here and the bid will be accepted as that’s what we agreed to when Jack signed a new deal - Jack will be going to Man City

Dude I want it over too but saying something to yourself as definite as this is not going to achieve the aim. £100 mill does not get NSWE errect, it makes them floppy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Nothing has changed  , 100% the move will go through very fast from here and the bid will be accepted as that’s what we agreed to when Jack signed a new deal - Jack will be going to Man City and we must now get on with our own plans and try to not let this derail our season .

it is disappointing but we were aware this could happen and had a contingency plan regarding signings . Anyone expecting  a change of heart will not get it , I personally thank  Jack for all he’s done for this club and wish him well - the grass  is not always greener  but I totally understand his reasons . 

no doubt there will be cries of bullshit or says who so I will give this thread a miss until it goes through as some of the abuse people get when they post stuff  is not right - nobody wanted to lose Jack but as a club we move forward onwards and upwards .

I do not know how you can say it will 100 percent go through when none of us know what's true or what's not here with this Grealish off to City potential transfer.

This is tounge in cheek so don't all lose your heads lol!! 

How Spurs are handling the Kane Transfer spacer.png 

How Villa are handling the Grealish Transfer 

spacer.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If he leaves, I still like him although I do admit, part of me still wants him to fail at Man City. Like a jilted ex-husband who's still in love with his ex wife and so wants her new relationship to fail. But otherwise, still wants the best for her.

That’s dark. You alright hun?

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

spacer.png 

Don't even know if there's any truth to all this, it's just pointless even believing it unless any of the clubs state it as real and we know that's not going to happen till the deal is done.

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

spacer.png 

I’ve ran out of likes already?! Ffs.

Edited by Tommo_b

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

There’s a hell of a lot people in this thread throwing out the “100%” stuff. 

None of you lot are in the know as much as some of you would like to pretend you are. 

Defence mechanisms. 

• Like 1

Â