The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So much of this is coming from a very small number of sources - the Daily Mail and Jim White/Talkshite.

Others - like the ever reliable Sir John of Percy, acknowledge interest and that Villa want a new contract for Jack. Which I think everyone can believe. 

As always - ignore the bullshit merchants - don't click on their links (it gives them advertising revenue); don't tweet o retweet their BS (it gives them 'trends', which means other might look, and that leads to advertising revenue). Just ignore the charlatans.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t stand Southgate but after what I saw yesterday it’s looking like the most defensive team might actually win this thing! 

Obviously want Jack to play but if Southgate wants to park the bus and nick a goal and this gets the win. Then so be it. 

I think its more to do with understanding the relationship between defence and attack.....I am not trying to be holier than thou, but the quality of defenders in todays football, is so much more advanced than yesteryear.

The result is, its harder to score.....ask yourself how many headed goals have been scored or assisted so far in this tournament( probably one of the most likely ways of scoring).....but heading the ball seems to be frowned upon today.

How many talented teams have gone out so far......How many times have the pundits turned to "Team Work" "Mental Attitude" "Desire" "Intensity"....all these things are crucial, we sometimes call it "Application"....Courage and Bravery are paramount.

The old saying is so right " Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard"......

You have to have both, one won't do.....mistakes will always happen, even to the best, but the will and desire to succeed is priceless......That's what Villa had in 1982.....I am hoping its creeping back.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't see us winning tonight by being too cautious. The Germans love a chess match. I can't stomach Southgate and his defensive mindset. Even Steve Bruce knew the importance of a player like Grealish. 

That is true.

The Germans are a tough team and they should or will trample over our pussy players who love to fall on the floor and behave like a tickle felt like a smack in the face.

While we play a roll around the floor for fouls game the Germans will be walking into our net with some big sized balls.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't see us winning tonight by being too cautious. The Germans love a chess match. I can't stomach Southgate and his defensive mindset. Even Steve Bruce knew the importance of a player like Grealish. 

I can't see us winning by going gungho either....Its having the ability to know when to apply what.

We need to be able to do both, that is the tricky bit.....The best teams can do both and moreover, know when to do both.....They know how to seize on to the dynamics of the game.

• Like 1

No Mount… and still no Grealish.

Midfield of rice and Philips 

what an utter **** disgrace 

call me unpatriotic, call me childish, call me whatever you want.

I hope we’re 3-0 down by half time.

(I’ll calm down in 30 minutes I think)

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

fear not , when we need a goal , Southgate will take off Saka and bring on Henderson 

end of the day Southgate gets paid to make these decisions , if we win tonight he's a genius , if we lose then he's a chump  , but  a lucky chump because the FA seem to have already decided he's then man for the foreseeable future 

• Like 1

Grealish : 'I want to win either the Champions League or a major trophy with England'.

That'll be a Champions League trophy then.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Lol Southgate is so dumb. Actually picked a bench that would be the first xi

Southgate so dumb, he’d get run over by a parked car.

We should be looking at the line up, not the bench, and saying “wow, look at the talent there!”. This idea that we should be looking to win it in the last 15 minutes is hilarious.

I’m almost going to be annoyed if we scrape through to be honest.

• Like 2

Â