The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If folk ask me for the best UK play makers George Best and Paul Gascoigne spring to mind.

but I have been watching some of the footage back of these great players and Jack is not a million miles away from them.....dare I be so bold as to say, at times he is in their company.....consistency is key of course, but they didn't do it every match.

Jack is 25 and still learning new bits to his game, he is totally dedicated, so anything can happen.....but these comparisons are gradually becoming less and less out of place.

I am absolutely convinced the owners know exactly what they have got and will act in the best interests of Aston Villa FC with it.

PS Remember the worldie David Platt scored against Belgium....I wonder if there is an omen for Jack on his first competitve game for England against the same team.

Got some way to be as good as George Best 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Unless its beyond reason and understanding (200 M+) I cant see our owners folding to help Man City get where they want to be. 

I can see him going to Spain one day however,  &, Is he really going to line up against the Villa ?

100% agree. Post lockdown that is, I've heard Marbs is nice. ;)

image.jpeg.67647945dd2735870806a8b4eed71e21.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Got some way to be as good as George Best 

I agree....but familiarity breeds contempt.

I think Jack is even better than what we think....but we see his average games too, but they had them too.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Laughing at the price or laughing at him having one? Honestly,  with the length of contract, that price is closer to the truth than the 80m quoted so far.  Assuming no clause of course..

Google WWF Million Dollar Man 😁

“Everybody has a price”

a very niche reference from me, anybody under 35 won’t have a clue 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of jack's future villa is where he was developed -  Players over the years have been the next big thing Moore brothers, delfonseo etc etc.  But, jack is a truly world class player in the making with a unique style to his game.

I'm very happy he is a villan and clubs are jealous -   Mount, Maddison and other midfielders they are typical English midfielders.  Grealish as his own style and totally owning it.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I disagree, we have spent over 200m in the last two summers so while a huge sum to normal humans like you and I, why would we contemplate selling our best player for the equivalent of half of our outgoing spend.  I don’t think there would be any discussion.  

The only way I think there would be any discussion is if Jack wanted to force himself out and then the owners would have to think.  I think that scenario has gone with Jack signing a five year deal indicating he’s happy to commit long term here when he could’ve easily stuck on his three year contract which he would’ve got a pay rise on anyway.

He signed his deal and the owners are committed to build around him over the coming seasons so any bid will be rebuffed.  We’ve spent too much building around him to let him go.

On around 14 players with 9 of them part of the current first 11! 

I’m pretty sure Jack would consider leaving if offered silly money and chance to challenge for titles. 

Anyway let’s just enjoy the season for now and we can can see what next see summer brings. 

Â