The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, colhint said:

Where does Jack fit,  in Villa great players? I mean we must have had about 5000. To me he is in the top 10. All opinions I know but I have been watching Villa for 50 years.

I think Tony Morley and Paul Gascoigne had a baby and named him Jack.

To me Jack is number 1 

He can't start him.

Because he'll tear it up and Southgate will look a breast for never picking him.

20 mins best for Jacko. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mount or someone brought on left ahead of him.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He can't start him.

Because he'll tear it up and Southgate will look a breast for never picking him.

20 mins best for Jacko. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mount or someone brought on left ahead of him.

Agreed. Judging by other clubs they're rotating the teams massively which is the best thing to do as this is basically pre season and also gives a great chance to look a different players. Absolutely no reason why Mings and Grealish shouldn't get decent minutes. This is personal between Southgate and Villa. I think the fact he commented on the fans hating him for leaving for Middlesbrough proves that. GET OVER IT SOUTHGATE!!!!

I think he will. I'm wondering how these rumours get out. They are all staying in a bubble in one hotel, perhaps a few journalists nearby. Hasn't been reported in the press, So some player must text a mate with the info, after what's happened in the last few, Nah I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think he will. I'm wondering how these rumours get out. They are all staying in a bubble in one hotel, perhaps a few journalists nearby. Hasn't been reported in the press, So some player must text a mate with the info, after what's happened in the last few, Nah I doubt it.

Laptop/tablet/phone with a VPN, easy to spread something without it coming back to you. International footballers must end up bored out of their minds these days, it'd be no surprise for just 1 of a 20+ squad to accidentally/purposefully say something not meant for the public. 

But why. I mean just why what's in it for you. If it comes out you are the one spreading this stuff, So your mate spreads it and the papers get to know, Here's 50 grand for your story pal who was it? All this just after the team probably got a reminder on how to behave, and the 2 clubs involved put out statements pretty much saying our player has been a clearing in the woods.

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

But why. I mean just why what's in it for you. If it comes out you are the one spreading this stuff, So your mate spreads it and the papers get to know, Here's 50 grand for your story pal who was it? All this just after the team probably got a reminder on how to behave, and the 2 clubs involved put out statements pretty much saying our player has been a clearing in the woods.

I agree, I don't get it but plenty of players do first, think later, even in this day and age. Could be England themselves leaking stuff to gauge reaction from people, or it could simply be bull-shite. Kyle Walker had a threesome with some prostitutes during lockdown and then happened to bump into people for a chat in the park not long after, knowing full well the papers would be following him after for a scoop. 

I am sure its true and he probably wont even play. Southgate  is an awful manager and does indeed have something personal against Jack and apparently us.

Which is actually all fine by me.

Jack got his call up and he comes back safe and sound. win/win.  Jack Grealish isnt going to be the difference for Englands chances of success tomorrow, England will win anyway. But Jack Grealish is going to be the difference for our chances of success on our opening game. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, colhint said:

Where does Jack fit,  in Villa great players? I mean we must have had about 5000. To me he is in the top 10. All opinions I know but I have been watching Villa for 50 years.

I think Tony Morley and Paul Gascoigne had a baby and named him Jack.

Judged purely on ability and achievements - top 20

Taking all sentimental aspects into account - surely top 10

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

BBC with an opinion piece on him, basically praising his hard work and resilience. Nice read for us!

“Jack Grealish: He has made mistakes but is England midfielder misunderstood?

You see a lot of stuff written about him now and it upsets me," sighs Alan Sheehan. It's been more than six years since he played alongside Jack Grealish...”

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53986569

Just came in to post the very same article. A very good read, and really positive. 

6 hours ago, colhint said:

Helpful for players to have a few mates in the press....I'll dish out the odd bit of gossip / team news...you then treat me well, decent write-ups, more importantly don't sell me out if there's anything negative going on.  

8 hours ago, colhint said:

I'm not sure the team hotel was as secure and leak proof as you think. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

BBC with an opinion piece on him, basically praising his hard work and resilience. Nice read for us!

You see a lot of stuff written about him now and it upsets me," sighs Alan Sheehan. It's been more than six years since he played alongside Jack Grealish...”

Some of the idiots I heard and seen comment on Jack should read this.

I really find it hard to see how blokes that (mostly) hark back to the seventies and idolise the maverick players of that generation cant see that Jack is a modern version of those guys. Skilful,confident,capable and tough with it.

We must keep him at VP his future must be with Villa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

That piece reads as if its a few different articles thrown together at haste...as if BBC are expecting his debut tonight and couldn't fully formulate a flowing piece but had a lot of content and out him they wanted out there ready to say we told you so when he plays a blinder tonight.  Doubt they'll have got an inside track but love a conspiracy theory...Maybe Jack is starting?

That aside, the range of quotes from a various teammates and coaches proves the quality player he is, and that he'll continue to develop. Nice article to have in this day and age.

Â