The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So SouthTwat says he doesn't see Jack as an 8 then starts Mount? Guy is a clueless clown with the most painfully basic football opinions.

He hasn't started Mount. The midfield is Rice - Phillips, with the 2 wingbacks.

Anyone else feel Southgate changed the formation to avoid having to play jack. This guy really does make me hate watching England. He got a bye to the WC semi final and still blew it. Any manager worth his salt would find a way to get talented players into the team yet we can’t break Iceland down and our most creative sub stays on the bench 

• Like 1

Its a glorified friendly and Southgate knows what Sterling can do, he even has seen enough of Sancho at this stage. Surely playing the 2nd most creative player in the Premier League with one of the worlds best strikers is tempting

• Like 1

Penalty missing cock nose clearly sees Jack as left wing only, he’ll never displace Sterling there so will likely never feature while the waistcoat rocket polisher is still there. If he’s lucky he might get 5 mins at the end, just so he can drop him for not scoring a hat trick in that time. 

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sadly predictable ..Jack's only chance is if we go 5-0 up and Southgate might give Sterling a rest 

If we're 5-0 up Southgate will bring on Nick Pope for Sterling just to give him some minutes and see how he does as a 9th choice LW.

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

Regardless of whether Jack features or not tonight, Southgate can get to f*ck. Patronising waistcoat-wearing wally. I now recall him about as fondly as Alpay Ozalan in my memory bank of sh!thouse centre-halves from over the years who wore the claret and blue with about as much pride and honour as a cheap turd. How on earth he's been so lucky as England boss I'll never know, because his club record is a far better indicator of his level as a manager. The preening twunt.

I thought maybe after posting this I had gone too far, said too much. I wish I'd gone further 😬

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Southgate won’t be in this job much longer. Watch this end in a draw and he doesn’t pick Grealish. The press will smell more weakness. 

I think the opposite, he's got years in the job still unfortunately even if we do shit at the Euros.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Southgate won’t be in this job much longer. Watch this end in a draw and he doesn’t pick Grealish. The press will smell more weakness. 

Yeah Denmark are no mugs. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost this game, follow that with two tough games against Belgium and Southgate might not make it to Christmas. We were lucky to get a result against Iceland, which probably bought him a bit of time.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really don’t get the reactions. As much as I love watching Grealish the last think we want is to see is him starring and getting world wide attention.   Or even worse getting injured. I’m happy he is not playing.

Save it for Sheffield United.

The point is he deserves it. Anyone who's watched Jack play as much as we have know that he's worked his arse off for the last couple of seasons, he's gotten better all the time, he's earned it a hundred times over at this point. It's also better for Villa to have our captain starring on the international stage. It raises the profile of our club for potential future recruits. With respect to our new additions I don't want to be shopping in the EFL forever.

Just now, est1874 said:

The point is he deserves it. Anyone who's watched Jack play as much as we have know that he's worked his arse off for the last couple of seasons, he's gotten better all the time, he's earned it a hundred times over at this point. It's also better for Villa to have our captain starring on the international stage. It raises the profile of our club for potential future recruits. With respect to our new additions I don't want to be shopping in the EFL forever.

He does deserve it but I’d prefer he starts getting his opportunities once the transfer window has closed.

• Like 1

Â