The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Southgate should be building the side around players like Maddison, Grealish and Foden.

If they don't fit into the system, then **** make the system fit them.

Kane, Sancho, Sterling, Madison, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood,, Rashford

Make a system that gets the best out of those players either as starters or subs. It's a fantastic selection of young English talent and we're gong to waste a potentially very good generation of players because Southgate can't adapt his system to get the best out of them.

I@m furious. Not even from a Villa point of view. From an England point of view. 

I sort of agree - certainly in the case of Foden who is going to be sensational tbh - but it's clearly down to the style of play and, if I'm honest, I have no massive problem with sticking to a setup and embracing it right the way through the U21's, U18's etc.

He likes Kane up top, pace out wide (Grealish isn't slow, but he's no Sterling/Sancho) with an attacking midfielder behind and 2 holding midfielders.  That's the setup he quite clearly prefers.  But it does make it hard to see where Grealish fits - particularly as Foden seems to be getting the nod as "that sort" of player.

It's a shame because I'd like to see what Grealish looks like in a side filled with much more talented players.

(Edit:  For clarity, not another club side though :D)

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Genuinely, and I never thought I'd say this, want England to lose. I'll be cheering on every other team untill Southgate is removed from that position.

Me too. He's a fraud of a manager anyway. How'd he even get the job?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

And Maguire who is literally on trial as this squad is announced

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Harry Maguire is in court as we speak and he got called up!

Maguire plays for man united...he obviously didnt mean it!

Just baffling. So you don't include one of the best and most creative players in the PL last season but include:

• Phillips - Championship player, never played in the Prem
  • Winks - bang average, does nothing
  • Dier - terrible footballer
  • Maguire - just spent the last week getting hammered and spending a night in a prison cell

I honestly think Southgate needs to be questioned relentlessly about this. There's absolutely no reasoning behind leaving out a player of Jack's quality. This is just effing ridiculous now.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I sort of agree - certainly in the case of Foden who is going to be sensational tbh - but it's clearly down to the style of play and, if I'm honest, I have no massive problem with sticking to a setup and embracing it right the way through the U21's, U18's etc.

He likes Kane up top, pace out wide (Grealish isn't slow, but he's no Sterling/Sancho) with an attacking midfielder behind and 2 holding midfielders.  That's the setup he quite clearly prefers.  But it does make it hard to see where Grealish fits - particularly as Foden seems to be getting the nod as "that sort" of player.

It's a shame because I'd like to see what Grealish looks like in a side filled with much more talented players.

(Edit:  For clarity, not another club side though :D)

Even if that's the case, which I'm not convinced, it's worth a try to see if he can slot into it. It's not like we're complaining that he can't get into the starting XI. he can't even get a call up when players like Mount, Winks, Ward Prowse, Phillips, Dier etc can.

It's crazy

Southgate clearly wants players that aren't Jack! The haste to put Phillips in,  despite being unproven in the PL. Picking Maguire, despite his court case. Picking Kyle Walker! Foden and Greenwood getting a chance, at the earliest possible opportunity!    

See if Ireland will give you a game Jack, clearly Southgate won't. :rant:

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Southgate should be building the side around players like Maddison, Grealish and Foden.

If they don't fit into the system, then **** make the system fit them.

Kane, Sancho, Sterling, Madison, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood,, Rashford

Make a system that gets the best out of those players either as starters or subs. It's a fantastic selection of young English talent and we're gong to waste a potentially very good generation of players because Southgate can't adapt his system to get the best out of them.

I@m furious. Not even from a Villa point of view. From an England point of view. 

I agree with you and I understand your frustrations too.

It comes as no suprise though on the England aspect.

Southgate quite clearly has some sort of issue with grealish, he was one of the best players in the league last season.

What a complete moron Southgate is.

I wonder if grealish banged his wife while they were both at villa or something???

Â