The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

If Jack isn't on form he's a liability as he doesn't work hard enough without the ball. Hopefully Duverne will get him fit. I want to see him playing at a higher intensity. He keeps slowing things down too much. I also want hiM playing LW and attacking the FB. He has so much skill and can ghost past players but it's too congested in the 10 role as it suits a better passer. All his best stuff comes from the left get Amavi bombing on with him they'll destroy defenders but he needs to work harder to help the FB when not in possession. 

• Like 2

Great move to drop him, bring him back down to earth a bit. Gil is far the more the better footballer, an would never let the experience go to his head, unlike which I think has happened with Grealish. I do believe though, Garde's the man to coach him though, an he will be back to form, an maybe a better player.

We tried him centrally against Spuds and I just don't think he quite has the footballing knowledge to pull it off just yet.  I can see why Sinclair can be preferred at the mo out wide and obviously Gil has to start.  All in all, I think he will develop into a better player in the long term under Garde even if he has to have a spell on the bench right now.

• Like 1

Glad he was left out today. The things he doesn't do far outweigh the things that he can do at the moment. He is a liability to start games at present and has lots of things still to learn.

I remember him going into this form last season.

Towards the end of season he faded and he started losing balls regulary.

In general Gil is much useful. But Grealish ould develope into a very good player as he could do some magic himself.

But as its been said he need to cut from the wing.

• Like 1

I'm glad he didn't play, his lack of defensive work would have been an absolute liability today. The other 10 players couldn't have made up for him. For me he needs to strengthen, work on the defensive side of his game, and hopefully we get a cup run going again he can star in. 

• Like 1

Great management from Remi. He was a guaranteed starter under Sherwood..  Grealish work rate was poor off the ball.. and he just seemed to have his cocky stride about him. Garde didnt drop him completely not to ruin him.. but on the bench.. very smart. He will be having words to him about what his plans are with him. He wants a high work rate. Probably wont start him until he sees it in training.

• Like 1

He has much work to do on the training ground.....much work to do on his attitude to the game in hand.

If he applies himself properly in an Alan Shearer type mental approach......he can be awesome.

I think Jack will look much better when he comes back.  Playing as the only creative player amongst a team of cloggers was never going to suit him and too much pressure.  Bring him back into a side playing to a tactical plan, ideally with Gil alongside and he'll start to shine again.  Hopefully fitter and faster too.

• Like 1

Think Sherwood managed him badly at times, very good to give him a chance, but he should fight for his spot in the team just like everyone else, and telling a 19 year old kid over and over again that he is basically the best player in the world and that he wouldn't sell him for whatever amount and stuff like that is not the right thing to do, of course it goes to Grealish's head and he starts believing the hype, he's just a kid that is clearly not matured a lot mentally. He's good, but not that good yet, though he does ooze of potential. Needs a break and as someone else mentioned, he needs to fight for his place again. 

This - I hope for both his and our sake that he knuckles down and puts in the graft at the training ground. If I were Garde I'd be using Michael Johnson as an example for what happens when it goes badly wrong.

Edited by lexicon

A wee while ago (see circa page 353) a couple of us were getting pelters for suggesting a loan for Grealish this season may not be the worst thing in the world.

Would anyone now consider loaning him out as a good move or is this still something "the majority" are vehemently against?

A wee while ago (see circa page 353) a couple of us were getting pelters for suggesting a loan for Grealish this season may not be the worst thing in the world.

Would anyone now consider loaning him out as a good move or is this still something "the majority" are vehemently against?

Those who suggested a loan then were wrong and they still are wrong. Grealish still has an important part to play.

• Like 1

Absolutely not, no. He needs to be here working under the new manager, what good will tearing up the championship for a month do if he then has to come back in and start again anyway?

IF come January he's still out of form and the manager feels he is not picking it up, maybe. That's a long way away right now. Sending him on loan, today, would be farcical.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Like 2

Absolutely not, no. He needs to be here working under the new manager, what good will tearing up the championship for a month do if he then has to come back in and start again anyway?

IF come January he's still out of form and the manager feels he is not picking it up, maybe. That's a long way away right now. Sending him on loan, today, would be farcical.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

The idea behind sending someone on loan is presumably for them to develop/regain form.  I agree with your summation, but is Grealish currently the finished article to the extent that a period on loan would do nothing for him?

He's absolutely an important player for Aston Villa on the whole - but is he that player for us right now?  If so, where does he fit in the team when back in favour?

He still has a huge part to play this season. it might not be as a first name on the team sheet, 90 minutes every week player.

But he's still a wonderful player, if inconsistent. He'll feature more than enough this season that a loan wouldn't be an advantage, imo.

• Like 2

Â