The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Two years difference in their ages but yes Barkley is way ahead of him at this stage. Different players anyway! Chris is right, when surrounded by poor players he he is not going develop.

Paul, its not what position you play......its how you apply yourself to a game.

You could compare a goal keeper with a centre forward if its just application......its the mental approach to a game.

Just look at Jamie Vardy he has the application of Andy Gray.

For quite some time now young players have been introduced when they have not earned it.....its just a symptom of the malaise of the club.

We also, seem to have players with physical strength but low technical ability and others with technical ability and no physical strength.....we have a bunch of limited players.

......and it has been going on for years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

.....and there lies the story of our academy....total hype.

Their players have substance and backbone.....ours are just flimsy show ponies.

Very true, I think our much vaunted academy are experts in producing players for the lower leagues. Once in a while we produce a decent player of premiership quality.

As for Grealish is needs to focus on all aspects of his game particularly his defending. I though that the very first time I saw him play for the first team and attributed it to his inexperience. Sadly he is no better and has added a 'Mr Big Bollox' attitude on the pitch.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

If we go down someone will pick him up I'm sure as there is talent there and they will get him at a vastly reduced price.

I mentioned this on another thread but surely there are parallels with Albrighton here?

Marc isn't as talented as Jack but he burst onto the scene in 10/11 with goals and assists. He faded a bit but overall still a good debut season for him. However we sold Young and Downing and thought he could be a main creative force for us and he couldn't hack it and eventually fell out of contention. Now on form he's one of the best wide players in the league.

I fear Jack is going the same way on what I've seen this season and when he next starts playing well at premier level it won't be in our colours.

He's a fool if he's still here next season.

Until he sorts his attitude out, he doesn't have a choice. Which other premier league team will take him at the moment based on his performances? I certainly doubt his ego would let him drop leagues either.

If he wants a move, he should realise he has to earn it. Just like if he wants to play for England, he has to earn it, and if he wants to play for AVFC, he has to earn it.

The ball is very much in his court at the moment.

West Ham took Ravel Morrison and his crime sheet was far worse than Grealish. Joey Barton was in jail and still getting signed by prem clubs so I think Jack can rest easy at night,

As I've said before, his general performances have been poor for last two months but he also has little to work with in the final third. You give him Benteke and D&&ph to play 1-2s with and surprise surprise goals and assists are made like in the semi final, the QPR game, the Everton game, West Ham etc.

8 minutes ago, Godders said:

Until he sorts his attitude out, he doesn't have a choice. Which other premier league team will take him at the moment based on his performances? I certainly doubt his ego would let him drop leagues either.

If he wants a move, he should realise he has to earn it. Just like if he wants to play for England, he has to earn it, and if he wants to play for AVFC, he has to earn it.

The ball is very much in his court at the moment.

People within the game will know all about the potential this kid has. He'll have absolutely no problem in joining a better team. 

Could see someone like spurs signing him and that would be much better for his progression than staying at this club.

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People within the game will know all about the potential this kid has. He'll have absolutely no problem in joining a better team. 

Could see someone like spurs signing him and that would be much better for his progression than staying at this club.

Grealish wouldn't get anywhere near Tottenham's bench

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

If we go down someone will pick him up I'm sure as there is talent there and they will get him at a vastly reduced price.

I mentioned this on another thread but surely there are parallels with Albrighton here?

Marc isn't as talented as Jack but he burst onto the scene in 10/11 with goals and assists. He faded a bit but overall still a good debut season for him. However we sold Young and Downing and thought he could be a main creative force for us and he couldn't hack it and eventually fell out of contention. Now on form he's one of the best wide players in the league.

I fear Jack is going the same way on what I've seen this season and when he next starts playing well at premier level it won't be in our colours.

I think Albrighton's performances in the limited appearances he had towards the end of his final season with us showed that he had the ability, it was a mistake to let him leave.

• Like 2

Look at Marc and how well he is doing at Leicester this season, its not the academy players that are the problem its the enviroment they have to work in which doesn't allow them to flourish. Basically we have been a selling club for too long and our recruitment is abysmal. The naiveity of signing all these players from the French league and hoping they will keep us up is beyond belief.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

Obviously it's hard to shine in a poor team but yesterday was his chance to show his new boss that he is aware of the need to do the basics. He didn't take that chance, so I imagine its back to the bench for a good while.

For me he has gone backwards this season massively.  Personally I don't think that the big clubs will be lining up for him - you need to be consistant and able to contribute at both ends of the pitch in the modern game. Big six months for him now - attitude will be crucial

I go back to the second half against Leicester.  He and Gil had started to show what they could do in the team together, Gil comes off and we concede 3 and since then they've barely been on the park together.  When they have it's been in the middle of a crisis and they've been unable to show what they can do, though Gil has been better, as you'd expect as he is a couple of years more advanced plus probably a better player in general.  

39 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I go back to the second half against Leicester.  He and Gil had started to show what they could do in the team together, Gil comes off and we concede 3 and since then they've barely been on the park together.  When they have it's been in the middle of a crisis and they've been unable to show what they can do, though Gil has been better, as you'd expect as he is a couple of years more advanced plus probably a better player in general.  

They are too lightweight. Not possible to have them on the pitch together.

• Like 1

I think if he's going to play it should be in a free-role behind the striker, the same for Gil ideally, it's where he'd find the most space and be most effective. He's a liability out wide, as pointed out already, due to his severe lack of defensive contribution.

He looked slow and predictable yesterday.

I think he's struggling with the weight of being at an extremely poor premier league team, with high expectation on his own shoulders, and no one with a brain to play with. It's no surprise that he looked better last season in a team that had Benteke and Delph in. 

That said, he has to show and prove to the new manager why he should be a regular and he didn't really rise to that occasion yesterday. I think he should be taken out of the firing line and be utilised as a sub for the next few weeks. 

Ideally I'd like to see Gil playing centrally behind the striker, I also feel that Grealish would be better in that position, rather than on the left. So perhaps Grealish could be brought on for Gil, in that position, once Gil inevitably gets tired. 

Â