The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, penguin said:

I think if he's going to play it should be in a free-role behind the striker, the same for Gil ideally, it's where he'd find the most space and be most effective. He's a liability out wide, as pointed out already, due to his severe lack of defensive contribution.

Severe lack of any contribution!

LOL @ people writing him off now.

He is class, but he's still young and raw, and he's had a dip in form, as well as managerial upheaval and team full of mediocrity around him.

IMO, he's the best young academy product I've seen since I started following Villa in 1994.

He'll come good, with or without Villa; let's hope he's not another Marc Albrighton who comes good for another club because we got rid too soon.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

LOL @ people writing him off now.

He is class, but he's still young and raw, and he's had a dip in form, as well as managerial upheaval and team full of mediocrity around him.

IMO, he's the best young academy product I've seen since I started following Villa in 1994.

He'll come good, with or without Villa; let's hope he's not another Marc Albrighton who comes good for another club because we got rid too soon.

LOL @ people sayin he's class based on the same amount of games as those writing him off.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

LOL @ people sayin he's class based on the same amount of games as those writing him off.

Seems like those writing him off have done so for only about the last 6 weeks or so...seems somewhat reactionary, considering prior to that, he'd been playing extremely well, including all of last season.

He has talent though which will eventually shine through here in better circumstances or most likely at another club.

Again to me it's like those endless Cahill debates....e.g was he any good here (again a fair few on this message board thought he was overrated here on account of the SHA goal and were still saying the same when he was playing really well for Bolton just because he had a few shockers when he came back to VT).

I think it's safe to say as an England and Chelsea regular with plenty of trophies Gary Cahill has fulfilled his potential, sadly away from his club. I would be surprised if Grealish dosen't do the same.

1 hour ago, Wittmann said:

Typically over-hyped by fans and the media has got to him.  I feel he will not recover.  He went out on loan to Notts County and even then wasn't really pulling up tress.  Another Moores, Delfouneso etc etc.

I get it, we're all frustrated because he's been crap recently. That doesn't mean you get to go back in history and just make shit up. He was brilliant for Notts County, a fact which is not in dispute by anybody except you. 

• Like 3

Jesus. This is his first season as a regular starter and funnily enough with the team sitting rock bottom, he's out of form and low on confidence. He also had a disrupted pre season, some his fault and some down to injury.

How some people forget the performances in his break out season last year. You often get two international teams fighting over a shit player. 

He's been at this club since about 8 years old and people are turning on him right at the start of his career. 

Like I said, if he's still here next year he's an absolute fool.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Jesus. This is his first season as a regular starter and funnily enough with the team sitting rock bottom, he's out of form and low on confidence. He also had a disrupted pre season, some his fault and some down to injury.

How some people forget the performances in his break out season last year. You often get two international teams fighting over a shit player. 

He's been at this club since about 8 years old and people are turning on him right at the start of his career. 

noone has turned on him. He is just not good enough at this stage. If he improves and starts imp

Edited by KSV

Lots of over-reacting here. He's dropped off badly in form recently, but he definitely has the ability. Admittedly it was against a championship side but he was absolutely different class against Blues in the league cup. There is no way that kid will be playing Championship football next year.

He needs to be on the winning side again, obviously a confidence player, and once you're confident you have that extra bit of pace, and a couple more lbs when you clatter into someone.

A confident Grealish suddenly becomes a bit smarter (he got himself into a blind alley a couple of times against Everton which he just doesn't do when he's playing well), a bit quicker, a bit 'stronger' (he needs to look at what Ronaldo did and put on a stone of muscle in the next 2 years, especially as he doesn't have the blistering pace of Ronaldo).

I don't believe he's our Ronaldo either before anyone goes overboard on the above, he's not that good, but he is definitely a step above Albrighton, Whittingham, Steven Davis, players like that who came through our academy but didn't ever star for our first team.

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The thing is mate, he isnt even trying at all. You can see it. Definitely would not be on my team sheet if I was manager. Gil at least attempts to create things and he looks like the only one with a brain in this team

14 hours ago, Wittmann said:

Typically over-hyped by fans and the media has got to him.  I feel he will not recover.  He went out on loan to Notts County and even then wasn't really pulling up tress.  Another Moores, Delfouneso etc etc.

Almost single handedly kept a team in the league as an 18 year old and was then hero worshipped by them when they came up here for the capital cup. Yeah, he was **** shite.

Saying that though, he needs a severe kick up the **** arse. As I think that a combination of contact and ROI and England 'fighting' over him has gone to his head.

He should look at Hendrie when he impressed in his first appearance for England, it all looked so rosey.

If you can't see how talented Grealish is, you must not understand football. He's not some kid who's come in and looked good in patches through luck, his talent is blatantly obvious. He is in atrocious form (how many of our players aren't?) but he will obviously come good at some point. Him and Gil will benefit from some pace and power around them. N'Zogbia would be getting picked by me at the moment. He won't give the ball up easily (unlike Sinclair, Agbonlahor etc), is pacey and is tough.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If you can't see how talented Grealish is, you must not understand football. He's not some kid who's come in and looked good in patches through luck, his talent is blatantly obvious. He is in atrocious form (how many of our players aren't?) but he will obviously come good at some point. Him and Gil will benefit from some pace and power around them. N'Zogbia would be getting picked by me at the moment. He won't give the ball up easily (unlike Sinclair, Agbonlahor etc), is pacey and is tough.

He is talented, but alot of players have talent. But most cannot furfill it and Grealish isnt. Good players play well even in struggling sides so I dont buy that excuse. Gil has outshone him in a couple games than Grealish has all season. 

• Like 1

Don't see what Gil has to do with this, no-one is questioning his talent.

Other point - you're right, but people seem to be writing the talent of Grealish off. Way too early to do that and I think he'll have a great career, including England caps.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Don't see what Gil has to do with this, no-one is questioning his talent.

Other point - you're right, but people seem to be writing the talent of Grealish off. Way too early to do that and I think he'll have a great career, including England caps.

He has got talent Tom but half the time I look at him, he just not asked whatsoever. Not running after every ball, when he loses it doesn't try get it back. Gil does both of these and he plays a similar role to Grealish. Grealish for me is nowhere near good enough for full England squad. i actually do think there is a element of truth that he thinks he is better than what he actually is. I mean look at the whole ROI, England decision. took him forever to make a decision like he was the next steven gerrard. Also I have heard he is very arrogant as a person. Dont mind it if you are actually doing your best for the club and fans. But when your performing pathetically poor and showing about 10% of your ability thats when I ahve a problem with it

Â