The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Its no good sticking up for him saying he is low on confindence blah blah. 

The new gaffer was there today, he should shrug off the bullshit and show him what he can do. Instead he talked himself into a yellow card and looked very lazy around the field.

An some been saying he is way ahead of Gil. :D

Billy big bollocks.

Needs to step up or **** off.

He is 20 years old ffs. It's his first full season. Pathetic.

Pathetic is calling somebody who may have been suffering from a concussion 'a pussy'

Luckily I didn't say that.

He DOES need to step it up. He was a passenger today.

He does, I don't think anyone would disagree. But to say step up or **** off to a young kid still developing and still very much just starting his career is ridiculous. Especially to a kid who clearly has ability. There's a reason two national countries have been fighting for him to commit to them.  Our situation and the way we're currently playing wouldn't help any young player get better and better. He needs to be dropped and eased back in the team, the problem is we've become such a desperate shambles of a club that we've put unrealistic pressure on this kid from the moment he stepped on the pitch.

Yep agreed. 

Bang out of order.

Edited by donnie

Since he broke into the team I for 1 cant see what makes him this player everybody else thinks he is.You can count on 1 hand how many good games he has had since getting into the team,you can usually tell in the first 10 mins if he is on a good day.He gets too easily pushed off the ball,reluctant to shoot and always has 1 touch too many.

I will probably get abuse saying im crazy and im clueless but I cant see the obsession in him,only way he will go to the euros is if he books a week over there with his mates.

Edited by midian
  • Like 2

He is a young player fair enough and I'm sure he will get better but he deserves the stick he gets as his attitude stinks and until he grows up a bit he will continue to put in performances like he has all season, dirt.

Why does his attitude stink? What's he done?

I've seen him throw his hands up like a baby loads of times this season when someone misplaces a pass to him but then when he gets it he does naff all, I can forgive the likes of Ronaldo for having that attitude as he is actually that good. Grealish thinks he is better than what he is, to make it he is going to have to get to grips with the mental side of the game and grow up.  

Supposedly he's Villa through and through but right at the final whistle he was over to Dele Alli asking for his shirt, looked like he was really hurting after getting beat 3-1.

In the Summer he made a prick out of himself as we all saw.

There's 3 examples, care to argue against any of them?

• Like 1

I'm sorry but he needs others around him to step up. He is a kid with talent. Put him with other good players he will shine. Put him with crap he will be the same crap. That is the type of player he is, a luxury if you will type of player, not a worker or grinder. Some say Gil is ahead of him or should be, I say put them together and let them flourish.

• Like 1

He's an excellent young prospect who has had the spotlight shone firmly in his face and has lost his way and his form.

Hopefully he'll thrive under a new manager and become the player I believe he's capable of becoming.

A spell on the subs bench to take the pressure off him a little and then ease him back into it. 

• Like 3

Capable of so much more but maybe needs a different formation to be able to play his game.

Unfortunately for him Gil showed so much more in far less time on the pitch so looks like he will have to fight for his place.

I'm sorry but he needs others around him to step up. He is a kid with talent. Put him with other good players he will shine. Put him with crap he will be the same crap. That is the type of player he is, a luxury if you will type of player, not a worker or grinder. Some say Gil is ahead of him or should be, I say put them together and let them flourish.

At the moment I believe he will be shown up with better players around him. The better players don't need others to show there best on the field.

If he offered something defensively then it would be ok to have a 20 year old whos learning in their first full season and who is obviously going to have poor games. But he just doesnt...His work rate is atrocious, he looks incredibly lazy and is very lightweight. Were bottom of the league and when he isnt going through his 15 minute of a game good spell (which is every other game), its pointless him being on the pitch.

said during chelsea game i think hes over rated (before people say im being reactionary to this one performance) 

Hes got potential, but he isnt showing it in enough games or for long enough during the games he does show it

Edited by gharperr

The comments about his attitude are interesting but I've noticed he is always visibly annoyed with himself when he gives the ball away or does something wrong, that does at least show that he cares. 

Edited by JoeParker91

Â