The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

A wee while ago (see circa page 353) a couple of us were getting pelters for suggesting a loan for Grealish this season may not be the worst thing in the world.

Would anyone now consider loaning him out as a good move or is this still something "the majority" are vehemently against?

No, of course not. We have a squad and we're hardly brimming to the rim with players of Grealish's ilk. Not that it was an excuse for some of his recent displays but the complete breakdown in system/plan under Sherwood wouldn't have helped. Although he wasn't pleased about it, this managerial change should prove to be great for him and his develooment.

A wee while ago (see circa page 353) a couple of us were getting pelters for suggesting a loan for Grealish this season may not be the worst thing in the world.

Would anyone now consider loaning him out as a good move or is this still something "the majority" are vehemently against?

I think he has gone beyond a loan. It would be a backward step for him. He needs to remain with the first team, and needs coaching by our own staff.

I think he has gone beyond a loan. It would be a backward step for him. He needs to remain with the first team, and needs coaching by our own staff.

Yes I think time out of the first team is best for him now until he starts pulling his weight a bit more

A wee while ago (see circa page 353) a couple of us were getting pelters for suggesting a loan for Grealish this season may not be the worst thing in the world.Would anyone now consider loaning him out as a good move or is this still something "the majority" are vehemently against?

Absolutely not, no. He needs to be here working under the new manager, what good will tearing up the championship for a month do if he then has to come back in and start again anyway?

IF come January he's still out of form and the manager feels he is not picking it up, maybe. That's a long way away right now. Sending him on loan, today, would be farcical.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

The idea behind sending someone on loan is presumably for them to develop/regain form.  I agree with your summation, but is Grealish currently the finished article to the extent that a period on loan would do nothing for him?

He's absolutely an important player for Aston Villa on the whole - but is he that player for us right now?  If so, where does he fit in the team when back in favour?

In the number 10 role, or in a "free" role cutting in from the left. His position, basically.

I don't think a loan would be of much benefit to him, no. He has already shown he can cut it in this league, he needs proper coaching now. Fitness training and tactical awareness, I can't see much benefit him spending a month learning somebody else's MO.

No, of course not. We have a squad and we're hardly brimming to the rim with players of Grealish's ilk. Not that it was an excuse for some of his recent displays but the complete breakdown in system/plan under Sherwood wouldn't have helped. Although he wasn't pleased about it, this managerial change should prove to be great for him and his develooment.

I'm also down this route - Garde apparently (MOTD analysis included here) likes to get the ball down and pass it around, which is exactly how Grealish plays his football.

I've only brought up the loan thing (again) as a discussion point during this "down time" we've got :D

• Like 2

At the very least he has a huge role to play if/when people start kicking lumps out of Gil and we need some backup.  like doug says, class is permanent. We can all see there are things he needs to work on. Only one person can do that though. Wanna earn yourself a place in the Villa side? Wanna earn a place in the England squad? Over to you Jack.

I can't wait to see him back in the starting line-up, because I know he'll only get back in when Garde has a role for him and a work ethic from him that he's happy with.  And with the potential that Jack clearly has, that'll mean we get a better Jack then we've ever seen.  I feel there's a standard a player must attain in order to get into a Remi side.  So if he can get a player of Jack's ability to work as hard as a lesser player, then it'll be electric.

• Like 1

Jack's fine. He needs other intelligent players around him to 1) Make better use of him and 2) Draw attention from defenders who might otherwise be helping out with the marking of Jack. 

Play Jack, Gil, Traore as the three behind the striker and you will have a lot of one v one situations and that will lead to us creating lots more scoring opportunities

Bit part player for me, I dont think Garde will be starting him anytime soon and I don't think he will get too many minutes off the bench either for now

;Lets way and see. I still think he has a big part to play this season. He's only 20 and is sill learning the game but he's the best player we have had come though our youth system since Lee Hendrie in my opinion.

Personally do not think he is good enough for England, has ages to go yet 

Should be true, but the way Hodson is picking them for England lately, you only have to have a couple of good games an your in. I mean with Vardy, yes he is having a good few games, but it shouldn't be that he is now international quality.

Lambert is the example. Not quality at all, a few good games he was in.

Should be true, but the way Hodson is picking them for England lately, you only have to have a couple of good games an your in. I mean with Vardy, yes he is having a good few games, but it shouldn't be that he is now international quality.

This says you are off your chops

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3

Name a better English forward at this moment in time?

Come on. I know its probably a bit unfashionable for Vardy to be in the England squad but there is nobody more deserving at the moment than him.

Grealish in the England squad would just be another player getting caps for nothing.

Grealish has done zero to warrant a place in the England squad. I wouldn't even put him in the England U21s either to be honest. Need to see a lot more from him, he has an awful lot to work on

I think that, from the list of players up for the golden shoe award, we should buy that Dundalk player called R Towell in January. Then, if we are looking perilously close to going down, we can give him a start just so the rag headline writers can finish us off with "DESPERATE VILLA THROW THE TOWELL IN" 

• Like 2

don't think Grealish should be written off, he's been as crap as the rest of the team and in some matches very crap, but i think he lost his head and motivation rather than his talent. I hope Garde can nurse him back to form and make him realise he needs to earn his place and work hard.

Edited by VillanousOne

I think that, from the list of players up for the golden shoe award, we should buy that Dundalk player called R Towell in January. Then, if we are looking perilously close to going down, we can give him a start just so the rag headline writers can finish us off with "DESPERATE VILLA THROW THE TOWELL IN" 

Badum tsss. Some useless info though. Both Towell and his teammate Horgan are being sniffed around by Bolton at the moment. Towell with all those goals is actually a midfielder.

Â