The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I agree with the fact he's overrated currently. Doesn't work hard in games and I'm guessing in training and relies on his natural ability instead, which is lazy. Compared to players similar in age eg Barkley, he's light years away. Not to say he can't get there, but he might need to just mature a bit first.

Needs to be benched for a while, he was so static today. Yes he's only a young kid, but if he doesn't sort himself out, he'll piss his talent up the wall. The summer antics, his attitude on the pitch in some games suggest he needs to mentally get to grips with the position he's in and yes he's young, so he might not be able to. 

• Like 2

I agree with the fact he's overrated currently. Doesn't work hard in games and I'm guessing in training and relies on his natural ability instead, which is lazy. Compared to players similar in age eg Barkley, he's light years away. Not to say he can't get there, but he might need to just mature a bit first.

I think he has started to base his playing style and commitment on Gabby....bad sign.

I'm sorry but he needs others around him to step up. He is a kid with talent. Put him with other good players he will shine. Put him with crap he will be the same crap. That is the type of player he is, a luxury if you will type of player, not a worker or grinder. Some say Gil is ahead of him or should be, I say put them together and let them flourish.

At the moment I believe he will be shown up with better players around him. The better players don't need others to show there best on the field.

To some extent I agree, but I think of Berbatov when Alex Ferguson was laughing at him on the bench skulking. Now he had/has talent, but fergie was making a point, yes your good but I want more! I hope Garde finds the way for him because right now Villa need that to happen.

He'll be gone as soon as any vaguely big club comes in for him. How good or not good he will eventually be is irrelevant as it won't be at Villa Park.

Come now. This is unnecessary and probably not true. Not that we're even going to have that tested at this rate, his form is terrible. He was atrocious at Spurs today.

But he remains one of our best players, because on a good day he is very, very good.

• Like 1

He is a young player fair enough and I'm sure he will get better but he deserves the stick he gets as his attitude stinks and until he grows up a bit he will continue to put in performances like he has all season, dirt.

Why does his attitude stink? What's he done?

I've seen him throw his hands up like a baby loads of times this season when someone misplaces a pass to him but then when he gets it he does naff all, I can forgive the likes of Ronaldo for having that attitude as he is actually that good. Grealish thinks he is better than what he is, to make it he is going to have to get to grips with the mental side of the game and grow up.  

Supposedly he's Villa through and through but right at the final whistle he was over to Dele Alli asking for his shirt, looked like he was really hurting after getting beat 3-1.

In the Summer he made a prick out of himself as we all saw.

There's 3 examples, care to argue against any of them?

He throws his hands up like a baby and you've seen it loads of times? Jesus, can't argue against something as solid as that. Yep clearly his attitude stinks.  Swapping shirts? So every player who has swapped their shirt after a loss has a bad attitude?

I was very critical of him over the summer, it doesn't show his attitude stinks, it shows he was acting like a prick.

I think your argument is pretty weak.

Edited by DCJonah

I dont think he has a bad attitude but feels the pressure to produce. He is a marked man and is expected to cope with limited experience of playing against men at the top of their game. He is still learning his trade and is just trying too hard, he needs time to rest and build his confidence again.

• Like 1

He is a young player fair enough and I'm sure he will get better but he deserves the stick he gets as his attitude stinks and until he grows up a bit he will continue to put in performances like he has all season, dirt.

I've seen him throw his hands up like a baby loads of times this season when someone misplaces a pass to him but then when he gets it he does naff all, I can forgive the likes of Ronaldo for having that attitude as he is actually that good. Grealish thinks he is better than what he is, to make it he is going to have to get to grips with the mental side of the game and grow up.  

Supposedly he's Villa through and through but right at the final whistle he was over to Dele Alli asking for his shirt, looked like he was really hurting after getting beat 3-1.

He throws his hands up like a baby and you've seen it loads of times? Jesus, can't argue against something as solid as that. Yep clearly his attitude stinks.  Swapping shirts? So every player who has swapped their shirt after a loss has a bad attitude?

I was very critical of him over the summer, it doesn't show his attitude stinks, it shows he was acting like a prick.

I think you're argument is pretty weak.

I think you're argument is pretty weak.

Yeah I've seen act like a petulent little kid loads of times maybe if you opened your eyes you might see it also.   Yeah I love seeing our players coming from the bench asking for opposition players jersey straight after we lost 3-1, makes me think said player really gives a shit and has a great attitude (sarcasm) but keep making excuses there if it helps you to feel like my points aren't valid...

No I don't think it's very valid. I think you don't like it and you're clutching at straws to back up your statement about his attitude.

I think he needs to be dropped, he's not playing well at all but to say his attitude stinks has little merit to it.

No I don't think it's very valid. I think you don't like it and you're clutching at straws to back up your statement about his attitude.

I think he needs to be dropped, he's not playing well at all but to say his attitude stinks has little merit to it.

Didn't think you would,  take a look at Gil or Ayew if you wanna see the type of attitude Grealish needs to have.  He's a kid and it's understandable that he still has lots to learn and loads of growing up to do.   He belongs on the bench and hopefully will of learned a bit about himself through this bad patch.

Maybe he is feeling the pressure of being the one that is supposed to make things happen for such an unhappening team. Whatever the reason, he could do with a bit of time out, I think Gil needs to be in the team and I don't think we can afford to play both.

• Like 1

I agree with those that think he needs to be dropped.

He isn't a baby anymore and imo needs to start producing what he is capable of on a regular basis or sit on the bench. He has been a passenger since the Leicester game at a time when we cannot carry anyone. I see players his age and younger in the premiership and think he needs to take a leaf out of their books as his body language at times is atrocious. Personally I think he needs to be brought back down to earth and as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

From what I've seen he is throwing his arms up in the air because there's no movement and passing options around him. It's just frustration at how things are going. Being a creative player is much about fun and love for the game, and that goes away when there is no good moments to be had. He looks a lot more happy when Gil is on the pitch with him.

• Like 1

I think he needs to be dropped due to his lazy attitude not because he's up his own arse. Too often tonight he wandered around while the game passed him by and when he did have the ball he either held it to long or gave it away. Shouldn't be in front of Gil anyway in the 10 role, if anything he needs to be out wide left where he has room to run into.

Shit player throwing toys out of his pram because his mate has been sacked

What a ridiculous comment... What has Sherwood got to about tonight's performance? Yes Jack has been poor recently and probably needs a few games out of the starting line up, but your agenda against Sherwood (who replaced your messiah Lambert) is pathetic as he has now left the club.

• Like 1

Â