The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I STILL don't understand the training camp thing.  Genuinely baffles me.

He is that guy that breaks up with his girlfriend and keep turning up at her family home, acting like he is part of the family

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I STILL don't understand the training camp thing.  Genuinely baffles me.

But he never looked convincing there did he? He had "I'm off" body language in everything I saw. He was always on his own.

Its a shame. He would have actually gone with my blessing next summer if we fell short again. Its all about him and the Grealish circus was beginning to grate, and TBH any other player at any other club that move woudnt raise an eyebrow, thats football. The good times were good, and the £100m is also adequate compensation. But he is just another talent lost to another club and thats it, no legacy.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Maybe the fact that a football club actually made an offer for him.

The point is that he and his agent had already agreed personal terms with city months ago. They were just waiting for the bid to be accepted. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Got to admit he is talking a lot of sense here

Well, for one thing, his neck and head are now 4 inches off centre so he must have done something wrong. And why is he being energised from the Enterprise after eating loads of Ready Brek?

Edited by Mazrim

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine if by some quirk of fate City go through a barren spell and he walks away with a couple of League Cups and a Europa League medal?

Imagine if the court proceedings against them go ahead nicely and they get banned from all European competitions for 10 years...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952y16l8qr998iylar6ly

Would he come back then? I wouldn't have him back now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, commander said:

I wonder if it was us putting him on the spot? Trying to 'show the world' what we're doing - Lange sharing prospective transfers details? Demonstrating we're doing everything we can to keep him and demonstrating it's him tht wants to leave? 

I’m not convinced we were trying to convince him at that point, particularly if this had been stitched up for months. Were I to give him the massive benefit of the doubt, then I’d say he perhaps wanted to make sure we were able to bring in decent players to replace him - so rather than convincing him to stay, Lange’s transfer updates gave him the green light in his head.  He probably also wanted to say goodbye to some of his team mates.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The point is that he and his agent had already agreed personal terms with city months ago. They were just waiting for the bid to be accepted. 

Which makes me suspect he made the decision during the training camp and the club had no choice. Mugged everyone off. 

All the best to him. We'll do fine without him and he'll do fine without us. I'm genuinely intrigued to see if he can keep improving and if the players at City stifle him or set him free. It's a shame NSWE weren't here a few years sooner. Probably best all round in the long run.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Imagine if the court proceedings against them go ahead nicely and they get banned from all European competitions for 10 years...

they literally tried to **** the premiership + CL off and start a new league and got hit with a slap on the wrist

they are not going to be punished for FFP

Just now, tomav84 said:

they literally tried to **** the premiership + CL off and start a new league and got hit with a slap on the wrist

they are not going to be punished for FFP

Exactly. Hateful club. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

In all honesty, based off the reporting of what they did, they should get some sort of European ban plus transfer bans and fines.

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Too be fair, Villa didn’t plaster him all over social media. It was just people staying at the hotel. I would assume the plan to practice there had been set for awhile… Although who knows, maybe they did it in London so it would be easier for him to meet the owners in person? I dunno. 

They left him out there in full knowledge it was going on social media daily.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

In all honesty, based off the reporting of what they did, they should get some sort of European ban plus transfer bans and fines.

They probably will be penalised, but not before they have stockpiled the players that they need to last them until the end of any sanction.

Â