The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Some people are still making up Twitter accounts trying to appear legit media and posting 'news'

Jeez get a **** life

Saddos abound.

• Like 1

Sky Sports article - Grealish returns to training after £100m Man City bid

There is an implication here that he had been missing training because he was negotiating with Man City, or more likely throwing a strop.

And of course it's neither, but that doesn't matter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It pains me when some people continue to fawn on him, the bloke was a completely prick when he was our captain. I'd happily never see his face again.

I didn’t fawn over him.  In fact I implied that he wasn’t worthy of being called a legend.

Yet, if Jack leaves now Gabby will have double the number of goals, more assists and 3 consecutive 6th place finishes. 

My whole point was to discuss what makes a legend vs just a very very good player that moved on to greener pastures?

Benteke was brilliant for us.  I wouldn’t call him a legend.

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

I didn’t fawn over him.  In fact I implied that he wasn’t worthy of being called a legend.

Yet, if Jack leaves now Gabby will have double the number of goals, more assists and 3 consecutive 6th place finishes. 

My whole point was to discuss what makes a legend vs just a very very good player that moved on to greener pastures?

Benteke was brilliant for us.  I wouldn’t call him a legend.

Legend is the elite though, Hutton for example be a cult hero, Gabby probably too. Gareth Barry ticks the boxes but some wouldnt call him a legend because the Liverpool thing 

If there's a release clause, then I think these are the possibilities:

1. City haven't actually met the release clause. Either the £100m is too low, or it's structured in such a way that it doesn't meet the requirements.
  2. City think they've met the release clause, but our lawyers think they can challenge it in some way.
  3. City have met the release clause, but Jack isn't as committed to the move as City think.
  4. Sam Lee is a lying rollneck word removed

What do we think in terms of most/least likely?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

If there's a release clause, then I think these are the possibilities:

1. City haven't actually met the release clause. Either the £100m is too low, or it's structured in such a way that it doesn't meet the requirements.
  2. City think they've met the release clause, but our lawyers think they can challenge it in some way.
  3. City have met the release clause, but Jack isn't as committed to the move as City think.
  4. Sam Lee is a lying rollneck word removed

What do we think in terms of most/least likely?

I think only 3 is relevant tbh - let's face it, this is a huge call for Jack.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When people had been talking about Sam Lee I genuinely thought they were on about Sammy Lee the little goblin bloke who used to follow Roy Hodgson around! 😆 Who the actual F is Sam Lee? 

image.jpeg.86da84d65af8d7f5a5e4f7ec271a99e8.jpeg

What a picture 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When people had been talking about Sam Lee I genuinely thought they were on about Sammy Lee the little goblin bloke who used to follow Roy Hodgson around! 😆 Who the actual F is Sam Lee? 

image.jpeg.86da84d65af8d7f5a5e4f7ec271a99e8.jpeg

Safe to say he's just trolling then?

• Like 1

I wish villa would stop sending inane notifications!!!! I don’t care about training photos or the fact that Saturday is not sold out ffs! Do they not understand? Announce our boy or shut the f up!

Really don't understand how this can be dragging on any further. 

First league game kicks off in less than 12 days and we're no closer to knowing whether our captain, talisman, best player by a country mile is staying or going. The fact that it still seems 50/50 is mad.

Surely he needs the comfort of clarity himself, as does everyone at the club?

It's all very strange.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Legend is the elite though, Hutton for example be a cult hero, Gabby probably too. Gareth Barry ticks the boxes but some wouldnt call him a legend because the Liverpool thing 

Legend is a couple of things.  Ian Taylor for me is a legend whereas I assume you’d say cult hero.  For me legend status can one of many components or a couple of them.  Gabby wasn’t a legend.  Jack is on his way to legend status but not there yet.  Tayls wasn’t a legend because he was the best player at the club but for many other reasons instead and thus he is a legend.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Really don't understand how this can be dragging on any further. 

First league game kicks off in less than 12 days and we're no closer to knowing whether our captain, talisman, best player by a country mile is staying or going. The fact that it still seems 50/50 is mad.

Surely he needs the comfort of clarity himself, as does everyone at the club?

It's all very strange.

At least I’m not alone in thinking this is truly bizarre. Have there ever been other transfer situations quite like this? Outside of Bruce screaming down the highway to save the Bryan deal, of course.

• Haha 1

Â