The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the picture is starting to become clearer. 

Not all done and dusted. 

I personally think Jack wants to leave. If he didn't, then we'd have a contract announcement by now. 

I also think he's clearly not going to kick off. 

So we're in a situation where either we accept the bid or Jack kicks off. I'm not confident but I think we will put up a fight. 

Well that’s a negative outlook, can easily be spun the other way. 

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think everything points to him leaving. Because otherwise the speculation would have ended. He’s trained a bit, shown he’s not doing a Kane but he’ll go. Probably with the support of the club. Hopefully most of the fans too no matter how gutted we are.

At some point we have to realise we do actually deserve better than to have our Captain try and arrange a move every summer. 

You keep saying this but absolutely no evidence points to him leaving.

All we have is that City have bid for him

He has a 4 year contract and despite all the speculation it was being completed over the weekend we are 5.30pm on Monday with nothing.  In fact he’s trained two days on the trot with us and mixing with other players and staff.

What actually points to him leaving?  Speculation is not an answer because we don’t know how credible any of it is, in fact we know probably most of it is made up.  Even the phantom release clause seems to have disappeared apart from Sam Lee grasping at straws.

So what evidence (not speculation) leads you to believe Jack is leaving?

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You keep saying this but absolutely no evidence points to him leaving.

All we have is that City have bid for him

He has a 4 year contract and despite all the speculation it was being completed over the weekend we are 5.30pm on Tuesday with nothing.  In fact he’s trained two days on the trot with us and mixing with other players and staff.

What actually points to him leaving?  Speculation is not an answer because we don’t know how credible any of it is, in fact we know probably most of it is made up.  Even the phantom release clause seems to have disappeared apart from Sam Lee grasping at straws.

So what evidence (not speculation) leads you to believe Jack is leaving?

I thought it was Monday, see what this saga is doing!🤯

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If there's a release clause, then I think these are the possibilities:

1. City haven't actually met the release clause. Either the £100m is too low, or it's structured in such a way that it doesn't meet the requirements.
  2. City think they've met the release clause, but our lawyers think they can challenge it in some way.
  3. City have met the release clause, but Jack isn't as committed to the move as City think.
  4. Sam Lee is a lying rollneck word removed

What do we think in terms of most/least likely?

City have 'bid' £100m to meet a buy out clause but that is made up of a deal including a player/players who we disagree on the valuation of. 

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Grealish saga aside, can anyone explain why we seem to be having a kick about in a local park when we have multi million pound training facilities?!

Does seem strange.

Apparently Sawiris owns property nearby but that would hardly be a reason to uproot your entire team for a low-resource training camp.

I can't stop thinking about his words after he signed that 5yr contract. And now one season after he no longer has faith in the ambition of the owners, or the commitment to get us where we want to be. If he goes, then those words were just empty ones and that will really leave behind a lot of hurt. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't stop thinking about his words after he signed that 5yr contract. And now one season after he no longer has faith in the ambition of the owners, or the commitment to get us where we want to be. If he goes, then those words were just empty ones and that will really leave behind a lot of hurt. 

Maybe let’s wait and see what happens before condemning him?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Does seem strange.

Apparently Sawiris owns property nearby but that would hardly be a reason to uproot your entire team for a low-resource training camp.

If we're basing training locations on where Sawiris owns property, then there is going to be a bit of world tour for the lads I'd say.

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Grealish saga aside, can anyone explain why we seem to be having a kick about in a local park when we have multi million pound training facilities?!

Change of scenery? Also means the team stay together overnight. Like a team building session I imagine to start pre-season.

We have them at work. Usually at a Travelodge and I end up throwing up on the shoes of the CEO after 12 pints of Strongbow. Same thing really :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I don’t think he fully expected the meteoric rise in his marketing profile that happened in the buildup me during the euros

Except in the eyes of the national team manager of course.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Does seem strange.

Didn’t we do training camp in Portugal a few years ago? I thought training camps away were somewhat normal for teams?

Â