The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Really don't understand how this can be dragging on any further. 

First league game kicks off in less than 12 days and we're no closer to knowing whether our captain, talisman, best player by a country mile is staying or going. The fact that it still seems 50/50 is mad.

Surely he needs the comfort of clarity himself, as does everyone at the club?

It's all very strange.

I'd suggest that Grealish does know in his mind what his plan is.   And Villa probably have a very good idea of that as well. 

No idea if that's going or staying though!

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If there's a release clause, then I think these are the possibilities:

1. City haven't actually met the release clause. Either the £100m is too low, or it's structured in such a way that it doesn't meet the requirements.
  2. City think they've met the release clause, but our lawyers think they can challenge it in some way.
  3. City have met the release clause, but Jack isn't as committed to the move as City think.
  4. Sam Lee is a lying rollneck word removed

What do we think in terms of most/least likely?

1. Possibly, but we would have probably heard.
  2. Unlikely.
  3. Again possible, but may just be that the clause /agreement said they would discuss things if £100m offer came in and Jack has already decided to go.
  4. His sources might not be as close to things as he thinks.

If they are having the meeting now and he's off next thing we'll hear about is medical I guess. If he's staying there will probably be another day of contract stuff - maybe hear tomorrow?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

First league game kicks off in less than 12 days and we're no closer to knowing whether our captain, talisman, best player by a country mile is staying or going. The fact that it still seems 50/50 is mad.

It's all very strange.

Our owners testicles are so big that they have signed grealish, are stringing city along to knacker their transfer plans and preparations which in turn, will unsettle Kane into industrial action against spurs - leaving them in a relegation scrap with arsenal

I've heard this off someone who knows our owners testicles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

It's all very strange.

I think everything points to him leaving. Because otherwise the speculation would have ended. He’s trained a bit, shown he’s not doing a Kane but he’ll go. Probably with the support of the club. Hopefully most of the fans too no matter how gutted we are.

At some point we have to realise we do actually deserve better than to have our Captain try and arrange a move every summer. 

• Like 3

Given how City are under investigation for FFP irregularities and presumably now encouraging Harry Kane to skip training, the other 19 clubs in the Premier League would do well to refuse to do business with these crooks. 

This is all rather simple for me. 

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Dude sounds like he's covering both possibilities and knows bugger all to me with that tweet. 

It’s the easiest way out with minimal responsibility.

”see, it told you it was happening.”

”see, I told you there could be complications.”

probably got both lined up in his notes app for whenever the news breaks.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

So you reckon there is a clause that’s been met or we’ve accepted the bid?

1 minute ago, rodders129 said:

There a video doing the rounds of him bantering with gaffer on the training pitch

If I remember rightly, Delph was having banter with the squad in training before he legged it, different players and circumstances I know, but, I really wouldn't read to much into it 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Agreed on the general theme - it’s all down to Jack choosing guaranteed trophies or trying to win something with his club.

As I said before, it’s a big call. 

• Like 1

As frustrating as the situation is, I don’t think they need to anything with regard to the bid. These guys aren’t Xia. 

The only statement the club needs to make  is either that our captain has signed a new contract, or wish him well in his new venture. 

Â