The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

City fans think there is a release clause. 

Probably because the DailyMail today reported they activated it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9851851/Leon-Bailey-medical-ahead-30m-Aston-Villa-Bayer-Leverkusen.html

Smith is having to re-shape his side after Manchester City activated the £100million clause for captain Jack Grealish to pre-empt his British record transfer.”

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If he stays, even if he signs a massive new contract, we will certainly be going through this again either until he leaves or he's past his prime. It's the cost of having a brilliant player in the team.

Yep we’ll be here again next year doing the same thing.

As we don't want Grealish to go, but it's taking ages to announce what's happening, I can only imagine that there is a release clause.

However, we must be spending as much time as required to try to convince Grealish that staying is his best option despite the fact that the bid has activated the clause.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

As we don't want Grealish to go, but it's taking ages to announce what's happening, I can only imagine that there is a release clause.

However, we must be spending as much time as required to try to convince Grealish that staying is his best option despite the fact that the bid has activated the clause.

If a release clause was met he wouldn't be training. We couldn't stop him discussing terms. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd say that is about spot on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tez500 said:

If a release clause was met he wouldn't be training. We couldn't stop him discussing terms. 

None of what’s happening now would be happening if the release clause was activated. He would be in Manchester doing the medical and getting photos taken.

I don’t think there is a release clause. I reckon they have offered 100m and we have refused it. There is no decision for Jack to make which is why he continues to train. If they want him they have to come back with a better offer. We accept he’s off. I think this is the situation. 

If there was a release clause met I don’t think the club would have involved him in training today. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep we’ll be here again next year doing the same thing.

Hopefully...New contract signed; we make progress up the table again and get into Europe; after the final game Jack does a big statement - I'm off on my hols and will be back for pre-season with Villa etc, etc.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He wouldn’t be training with us if they had activated the release clause

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I have this horrible feeling that he will stay, sign a bumper contract and be crocked for the next 5 years…

AKA The Gabby Claus.

24 minutes ago, Thug said:

Gabby will have more villa goals and more assists than Jack if he leaves now, and has helped villa to much higher positions.

Do you consider Gabby a legend?

Define legend, particularly in comparison to a brilliant player.

Gabby destroyed his legacy with his attitude and behaviour … only has his self to blame for wasting away his career and blatant disrespect towards the fans and club. Jack’s case is completely different and not comparable unless you base it on cold stats alone … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

Oh here we go on TalkSport... up next...how will Villa cope without Jack 😂

If Danny Mills is on he'll probably claim there's nothing Jack can do that Trezeguet can't.

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

Â