The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Oxlade Chamberlain

Shaw

Prowse

Chambers

Sterling

Barkley

These are top top teenage talents, that are able to command those salaries. Jack isn't even close to them at the minute, I doubt he is asking for £35k, I hope not, but for people on here to try and justify that is absurd. Truly absurd.

chamberlain - £50k

Shaw - £100k

Prowse - £18k

Chambers - £10k

Sterling - £30k (and apparently in talks over a £100k deal)

Barkley - £60k

so our best youth prospect being on £35k doesn't seem that daft to me

These players are light years ahead of where Jack is right now.

But Jack is out of contract.

'Our best' and the hottest british prospects are different though. Bannan and Albrighton were amongst 'our best' prospects. Should we have given them £35k or above?

No one was at all interested in Bannan or Albrighton. I think there are a lot of clubs keeping a very close eye on Jack. And Albrighton and Bannan were on the money people are lumping Jack on thinking a young boy should just be happy to be playing football in the premier league, without his market value and circumstance reflected in his wages.

Jack Grealish will be offered somewhere between 35k-50k/week.

Ok, even I wouldn't condone that. About £15k-£20k is reasonable.

And stop talking about reasonable. None of this is reasonable. He's a 19 year old who plays football as a job, and you're saying a million pounds a year is 'reasonable'? Say goodbye to reason. This is the premier league

• Like 2

I'd agree that he is probably going to get about £20k a week. I'd also agree that young players used to earn their contract, but I'd say now they don't have to so much. Unfortunately football is changing and if the club don't move with changes (not saying I like them) then we'll lose players on a free.

IMO reasonable is a 5 year deal on £15k a week + bonuses + a set date for renewal / pay rise based on appearances in say 2 years so we can add more years and he can be assured of more money

since when was the wages in the premier league reasonable? 

sterlings wage of £30k is from 2 years a go and he's now negotiating a huge deal, i could argue that jack is hopefully showing the same level of potential

i think that if he came out in the rags and said i want £35k a week then someone will pay it him, and if our attitude was well bye then because you're not worth that much then id be incredibly disappointed because i wouldn't be surprised if someone paying it him doesnt just mean chelsea and man city it means about 10 clubs in the prem

2 years in to a 5 year deal and this kid will be worth more than £35k a week

He will get paid what he is worth, right now he is a teenager with massive potential on the fringes of first team football, I expect he will sign a long term contract and if in 12 months time, he is a name on the starting team sheet and progresses as we hope he will, he will then sign another contract on higher wages with bigger perks.

• Like 1

IMO reasonable is a 5 year deal on £15k a week + bonuses + a set date for renewal / pay rise based on appearances in say 2 years so we can add more years and he can be assured of more money

since when was the wages in the premier league reasonable? 

sterlings wage of £30k is from 2 years a go and he's now negotiating a huge deal, i could argue that jack is hopefully showing the same level of potential

i think that if he came out in the rags and said i want £35k a week then someone will pay it him, and if our attitude was well bye then because you're not worth that much then id be incredibly disappointed because i wouldn't be surprised if someone paying it him doesnt just mean chelsea and man city it means about 10 clubs in the prem

2 years in to a 5 year deal and this kid will be worth more than £35k a week

Hopefully, for everyone's sake that is the case.

'Our best' and the hottest british prospects are different though. Bannan and Albrighton were amongst 'our best' prospects. Should we have given them £35k or above?

No one was at all interested in Bannan or Albrighton. I think there are a lot of clubs keeping a very close eye on Jack. And Albrighton and Bannan were on the money people are lumping Jack on thinking a young boy should just be happy to be playing football in the premier league, without his market value and circumstance reflected in his wages.

How could you possibly know that?

Oxlade Chamberlain

Shaw

Prowse

Chambers

Sterling

Barkley

These are top top teenage talents, that are able to command those salaries. Jack isn't even close to them at the minute, I doubt he is asking for £35k, I hope not, but for people on here to try and justify that is absurd. Truly absurd.

chamberlain - £50k

Shaw - £100k

Prowse - £18k

Chambers - £10k

Sterling - £30k (and apparently in talks over a £100k deal)

Barkley - £60k

so our best youth prospect being on £35k doesn't seem that daft to me

These players are light years ahead of where Jack is right now.

This!

And IMO, other good young players being on ridiculous wages is not a reason for us to do it.

For anything more than 10-15k, he can jog on for all I care.

Seen too many of these promising young players turn into nothing, and if he's any good, hel be gone when someone comes sniffing. Yeah, wel prob get a fee for him if he's under contract but that won't be spent. Not wisely anyway.

Time this sport did us all a favour and imploded.

Rant over (as I realise that neither jack nor villa have made any indication that were talking silly money).

And stop talking about reasonable. None of this is reasonable. He's a 19 year old who plays football as a job, and you're saying a million pounds a year is 'reasonable'? Say goodbye to reason. This is the premier league
There was a time when Barry Bannan ripped the Man Utd team in half in the reserves league. He might have even scored a hat-trick IIRC, so I think at one point, when his stock was high (like Grealish's is now) other teams probably were looking at him and other promising players we had/ have. Also, it's pretty obvious that anyone mentioning 'reasonable' is talking about 'reasonable, in relation to football right now'. If it wasn't, then we'd be discussing 'football vs real life' in every thread.

Going on what I have seen, which is not much and coupling that with the trend of how youth actually develop once in the first team (which isn't a great measuring tool admittedly), I would say lose on a free. I can only go on what I see though. He may be the real deal!!

However, if he is THAT good then it won't do him harm going to a big club like Chelsea, as people are suggesting it would. After all, if he's THAT good, he won't have any issue getting a game.

'That' is a very vague word of course, but I don't think it's worth getting excited about him unless he really is the real deal. Which he probably isn't.

Giving him too much too young can be harmful. If he is as good as we all think he will earn more money than he can spend in his career anyway. Give him a 5 year deal on about 10k then just review it every so often. There are plenty of teenage stars who don't progress as theybgetbcarried away and think they've made it. I don't think Jacks like that as he seems a pretty level headed kid but you never know. Putting him on 35k to me says you've made it and he's a long way from that. You pay what they're worth now not what they might be worth in 2 years.

There was a time when Barry Bannan ripped the Man Utd team in half in the reserves league. He might have even scored a hat-trick IIRC, so I think at one point, when his stock was high (like Grealish's is now) other teams probably were looking at him and other promising players we had/ have. Also, it's pretty obvious that anyone mentioning 'reasonable' is talking about 'reasonable, in relation to football right now'. If it wasn't, then we'd be discussing 'football vs real life' in every thread.

Yep Bannan did get a hatrick against Man U reserves and an exceptional one at that. A player that looked really good under Houllier but never kicked on. I don't know what a 19 year with a few sub appearances is worth but at his age it shouldn't be just about money. He's got a great opportunity to play first team football. If he gets a better offer somewhere else he might just end up like Rodwell.

Edited by PaulC

I just hope he sorts this and the international issue out asap because I can't see how it can be helping him to focus on performing.

I can't help but worry that with all this hype with having not had to do anything of note he might not develop as we'd all hope he might

Oxlade Chamberlain

Shaw

Prowse

Chambers

Sterling

Barkley

Oxlade Chamberlain hasn't been a teenager for two years! Edited by a m ole

to put that in to perspective (from various sources, take the accuracy with a pinch of salt) - 

loftus cheek - £15k

Ake - £20k

Chalobah - £30k

Andreason - £20k

Bamford - £8k

McEachran - £38k

Atsu - £12k

at a lazy guess jack has more premier league appearances than all of those put together, if we offer Grealish £8k a week Chelsea will blow us out of the water without battering an eyelid

Yeah and signing those contract done wonders for their careers didn't they.

Mceachran is finished and Chalobah has had about 6 billion clubs in a year that have all sacked him off.

If Chelsea want to pay obscene money for a bit of potential then let them, we don't have an oil barren financing us.

£35k for a 19 year old Grealish is madness.

Gael Kakuta is still there aswell, been loaned to Rayo Vallecano this season.

Â