The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He will be fine. He is young and will have bad patches. He isn't ready to start 38 games a season. I would like to see him start a game against weaker opposition. 20 minutes to make an impression is a lot of pressure on a young guy. Go easy guys

• Like 2

I can understand why he was brought on yesterday. Just think he would have been more effective at the top of the diamond replacing cleverly. Would've meant he was closer to Benteke who was very isolated.

Edited by mikeyp102

Was talking with a regular in my local yesterday and he claims to know Jack through his family. Told me how much he's going to on at the Villa and it surprised me considering our financial situation. They must really value this kid.

If we end up having to over pay we only have ourselves to blame. To leave it so late to talk to him we put jack in the driving seat. A few nice sub appearances and paper talk with big clubs and it becomes stronger.

I don't see what people expect from him when he is brought on in situations where we are in a defensive mode and most of his touches are in our own half.

I hope the manager expected something from him, and also told him what he wanted.

His Father (Kevin) is the driving force behind any decisions and is currently acting as his agent, he is being courted by some of footballs biggest management companies but not by any other club yet! His Father has also been behind his decision on the Irish National team as if he was called up by England his stock would rise higher.

Damn a 19 year old kid with less than 10 villa appearances for not being perfect. Damn him to hell.

With ridiculous, sarcastic posts like this, it's easy to see why people feel like they can't post any criticism (constructive, or otherwise) on here Stefan.
  • Like 3

Damn a 19 year old kid with less than 10 villa appearances for not being perfect. Damn him to hell.

With ridiculous, sarcastic posts like this, it's easy to see why people feel like they can't post any criticism (constructive, or otherwise) on here Stefan.

I didn't think it was a fair post to be honest. Apologies for any offense caused.

It doesn't seem to just be limited to grealish. For some strange reason anything that's perceived as criticism is met with sarcastic mockery from the same posters. Not sure what the point is.If you're unable to discuss it or don't want to why bother mocking someone who does?

Just came from the Westwood thread where there is the same sarcastic drivel from the same poster to a completely innocuous post. Creates an unfriendly atmosphere and I don't doubt prevents some people from sharing an opinion due to the risk of being shot down by a hail of childish sarcasm by, as you've mentioned, a certain group of posters.

• Like 2

With 20 minutes to go in a game poised at 0-0, a manager should be looking at two options when making a substitution. Either bring on someone to help consolidate our position, or someone who can have an explosive impact on the game. I think it's clear that Jack isn't at a stage in his career to be able to complete either of those tasks. He seems to be someone that needs to start a game, and be given time to understand the style of play and tempo that is required of him. It also gives him time to build his confidence a bit, and not be too worried about making a mistake.

I agree that he didn't look great on Saturday, but I don't think we should be worried at all. I mean what can you expect from a 19 year old lad with next to no top flight experience, being thrown in against the league champions, at a point in the game when they are going to go all out, chase everything down, shut down all of our players and pretty much do anything to score. I know he is a bit of a donkey these days, but I would have brought Bent on, just to keep their midfield looking back over their shoulders more than anything else, and make them worry a bit more about committing numbers forward.

I don't think we can start him just yet, as I think the pace and directness of Gabby and N'Zogbia playing off Benteke is what we need at the moment, but if we get into another run of wins, then why not give him a start. I think Jack is the biggest sufferer of the shambolic early League Cup exit, as those games would have been a perfect opportunity for him to get some real first team experience. Hopefully we will have a decent FA Cup run, and the lad will be able to grab his chance then.

Gareth Southgate hopes Jack Grealish decides to play for England

Gareth Southgate has revealed England have not given up hope of tempting the Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish away from the Republic of Ireland.

The Birmingham-born Grealish is currently preparing for the Republic of Ireland Under-21s’ friendly in Norway on Thursday and last week Ryanair offered free flights to his family for the 19-year-old’s senior debut, should it happen.

He has been playing for Ireland since he was 14 but is yet to decide on his senior future and Southgate hopes it is with England.

“The family and Jack are aware of our interest,” said Southgate before Friday’s Euro 2015 play-off with Croatia at Molineux.

“Jack is somebody we have spoken to over the years, him and his family. He has been in our younger development teams.

“Up to this point they have preferred to remain with Ireland. These things are quite fluid at younger ages, it happened with Michael Keane and his brother [Will] and Jonathan Bond came from Wales.

“Lots of other home nations are running development camps at a young age so players develop an allegiance quite young. You are allowed to switch once when you are a young player and Jack is someone we are monitoring and we’ll keep our eye on that situation.”

The Ireland No2, Roy Keane, is also assistant manager at Villa Park and the national coach, Martin O’Neill, made a personal check on Grealish in Villa’s development squad’s 3-0 win over Bolton last week.

Grealish, who is in talks with Aston Villa over a new contract after breaking into the first team, qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents.

Southgate will not put any pressure on the Villa academy graduate, though, insisting it is up to him to decide his future.

He said: “I haven’t spoken to him personally but certainly people from our organisation have kept in contact. We have been monitoring him but in the end it’s up to the player.

“He’s going to make his decision on where he wants to go. More and more, because of the nature of society, there are several players in our system who are dual nationality and had that choice to make.”

I don't see what people expect from him when he is brought on in situations where we are in a defensive mode and most of his touches are in our own half.

I thought he did OK against City considering he isn't known for his defensive play.

Why he was brought on I am not to sure though it was a big mistake in my eyes but not as big a mistake as Bacuna who is obviously not anywhere near good enough.

Â