The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Has shown tonight he's not ready for the top, top level. I'm not scapegoating him, he isn't responsible for us losing. Buy when he came on all he did was misread play, lose 50/50s and give the ball away. Still has a lot to learn about desire and winning personality duels. Clearly has loads to learn.

• Like 4

So was Richardson tbh.

Won't do him any harm, will show him the level he needs to strive to be.

The problem tonight was failure to pick out the right pass, he is probably one of the only players in the squad who might have the ability to pick a pass, so to play him tonight for 20 mins was a no brainer to me.

• Like 1

By all means, convince me he's ready for big games like tonight.

Personally I don't see it at the moment. I'm not damning him to hell, I'm noting, quite convincingly that he was ineffective when he came on and that we would have been better leaving Richardson on. Lol or straw man my point if you like, but clearly he's not ready for big games yet despite his potential. Save him less important moments and less important games.

• Like 4

Has shown tonight he's not ready for the top, top level. I'm not scapegoating him, he isn't responsible for us losing. Buy when he came on all he did was misread play, lose 50/50s and give the ball away. Still has a lot to learn about desire and winning personality duels. Clearly has loads to learn.

I absolutely agree. I said this a few weeks ago after he won a few fouls against Hull. I'm not saying he'll never be good enough, but he still isn't ready for the top flight at this point.

Personally I don't see it at the moment. I'm not damning him to hell, I'm noting, quite convincingly that he was ineffective when he came on and that we would have been better leaving Richardson on. Lol or straw man my point if you like, but clearly he's not ready for big games yet despite his potential. Save him less important moments and less important games.

You make some good points. He has to prove IMO that the hype is justified.

Let's hope he is the real deal though as we're crying out for a decent wide player.

He bounced right off Zabaleta in a battle for the ball at one point. Some weight training will be required methinks. Someone said that he has a lot to learn about desire. Erm....not sure how you came to that conclusion, to me the kid  has desire to burn. It's how he applies that desire on the pitch that will matter. He cannot expect to make magical runs every time he's got the ball at his feet. He's got bundles of confidence, but he'll need to take as much pride in his passing as he does in his dribbling to flourish. I noticed that the City players were very quick to close him down, too. The curse of a big reputation. You either get kicked to death like against Hull, or you get doubled teamed at every turn. It will be a real challenge for Jack to continue to develop. If he's handled right, he should be fine.

• Like 1

I think he can make an impact in the premier league this season...but not against established world class players like Man. City had in abundance tonight.

Pablo Zabaleta is one of the best fullbacks in world football so he's a bit of a step up from the league one mugs Jack was running rings round last season.

• Like 2

What did you actually expect vs world class opposition? He was brought on for potential counter attacking opportunities which never really happened.

Is it to much to expect support on a supporters forum?

Seen him a couple of times now. Yet to see anything of any worth that would indicate he's going to be anything better than the 'average at best' our academy seems to roll out consistently.

Early days and yes he's young and playing against a top team, but like TRO says: you can either do it, or you can't.

He's not out of place though. The rest of them are pretty dire with the ball as well.

He's young and too light, but he physically pressured and dispossessed zaboletta at the attacking in, and tracked zaboletta back into the box where he headed away a cross.

Not his best outing, but honestly nothing worked when he and Bacuna game on. Not sure that was down to them.

Â