The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

So annoyed at this (if true) the vast majority of us are complying and staying in, not seeing people we care about etc and he goes out to a party with guys over 30 (who should be mature enough to know better) 

This is our captain ffs. No excuse and undefendable. 

Being associated with someone like McCormack is very dubious to say the least 

• Like 1

If this is true, it's just another example of why footballers get paid too much money. They're too thick to know how to handle it. Best thing that can happen is that Sky/Premier League go bust and we start again on normal wages. I've said it for years.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Declan Rice and Mason Mount were out playing football last week when they were supposed to be self isolating as potential coronavirus in the club. Maddison and Alli were also seen clubbing last weekend as well

I bet Southgate will not drop all 4 plus Eric Dier if he is fit

This story is worse, for several reasons. Firstly, those examples happened last weekend, when the country was as a whole taking coronavirus less seriously, and Johnson hadn't given his address to the nation. Secondly, the media care more about Jack Grealish than they ever have or will about Declan Rice, Mason Mount Eric Dier or James Maddison, and probably more than they care about Dele Alli either. I've already read more about this story in broadsheet media than I did about either of the examples you mention (in fact, I only read about them on here). Thirdly, drink driving (and then crashing!) is always going to be more serious than 'playing football' or 'going clubbing'. Finally, there is the hypocrisy angle of his video telling people to stay indoors.

This story is a complete disaster for him.

• Like 3

If this was a normal person getting caught doing all this shit in present circumstances, they would be the most hated man in the country. A high profile footballer, well done Jack! That's even with the basic details being true, if there's even more to come out of it then god help him. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ross McCormack continues to be a thorn in our side.  Why is he even still in the area?

I don't think we can blame Ross McCormack for Jack going out drink driving in the middle of a quarantine (if true). 

I hate to say it as he's the best player at our club but it's hardly like he doesn't have form for this sort of thing (albeit not for a while) and I'm sure if McCormack wasn't in the area there'd be plenty of parties for him to choose to attend if that's what he wants to do.

9 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Being associated with someone like McCormack is very dubious to say the least 

I can picture him like a friggin demon as well.

A little shite who would enjoy influencing the likes of Jack to screw himself over like he has done.

We have all encountered the type.

• Haha 1

Well if this story proves to be something more than a bluenose stunt to discredit Jack, then it could knock millions off any fee we would otherwise get for him, should he leave in the summer. It could also end some clubs interest in buying him, as well as his hopes of getting a belated England call-up. He would also be guilty of wasting police time, at a time that they have more important duties to be performing and he could expect to lose the captain's armband. Kid's look up to Jack, he's their hero and he knows that. I would like to think that he wouldn't go off the rails again, after working so hard on repairing his reputation. 

Say it ain't so Jack! As has been said, Jack might not have been driving and he might not have been drunk, had he been behind the wheel. He might not be too good at parking either... Ross may have been in self-isolation and rather than going to a party at his flat, Jack may have been bringing Ross some essential shopping (see below).     

image.jpeg.180639ad8aaca9c52c5aa4417372c0ce.jpeg  image.jpeg.8874d60a0beec4b7d7e5633aeb375805.jpeg

It's on FB's Solihull Updates now, so he's getting the full "hung drawn & quartered" keyboard warrior routine whether he's guilty of anything or not

10 minutes ago, Skruff said:

By the looks of it: Out partying, drunk driving and running from an accident. I hope none of it is true. If it is... 

As far as I'm aware he didn't run from the accident. 

Not defending anything else he did. But according to the police statement he left his details and left on foot. That's not running away from an accident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HAL said:

Damaged he's career for a long time if true

It seemed like he’d put his past “lifestyle” to bed, but this (could) show it’s basically just been a front which will cost him millions i’d imagine

I can imagine Jack now on his phone to his brief saying 'right, how am i going to get out of this one then?'

So, you been partying, had a few drinks, pranged a few cars. Nobody injured, good. You gave your details to a member of public and left the scene.

So, other than damage to a few cars theres no real criminal offense to answer to is there? The police cant proove you were over the limit with either drink or drugs. It's too late for a breathalyser.

This is what we'll tell the police, You were going to the shops. You lost concentration and before you new it you hit the cars.

You were in shock, thats why you left the scene. But you didnt want it to appear as if you were just leaving so you gave your details to a member of public.

You will go through the insurance company and admit liability so the other car owners can get recompense and get there cars fixed etc.

Now we'll have to eat humble pie with the bad publicity of going out, but we can handle that.

If he goes with a tale like that what can be done?? There are no witnesses, no proof, no evidence etc. It will be his word against the world of the media and the internet. Give it 2 weeks and it will all be blown over.

By the way, i get there is no smoke without fire and imo he's been a bit of a dick head given the situation in the world at the moment. Sheer stupidity.

4 minutes ago, HAL said:

Damaged he's career for a long time if true

It seemed like he’d put his past “lifestyle” to bed, but this (could) show it’s basically just been a front which will cost him millions i’d imagine

Â