The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Its a different situation but the club was very quick to comment and sanction Drinkwater. 

Has been nothing from the club at moment and has been over 24 hours

I think you make a good point here

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a different situation but the club was very quick to comment and sanction Drinkwater. 

Totally different situation though isn't it

• Like 1

Absolute BEST case scenario is that he's been out and about during lock down. the lack of any statement from him or the club 24 hours after the incident shows there's something more to this.

This season, despite our poor form, we've been the media darlings, and that's largely because of Jack. "Put his past behind him", "captaining his boyhood club", "certainty for the England squad" etc etc. The media couldn't get enough of him. Now he's back to being public enemy number 1. Worse now because of how much the media bigged him up they now look like mugs for doing so, so they'll tear him apart. He's already taking up the FULL front cover of the s*n today and has been mentioned by that word removed on this morning.

He's literally the one positive we had to hold on to...the only hope of us staying up when the season resumes...and our financial ticket to coming back if we go down. All **** in one stupid moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As far as I'm aware he didn't run from the accident. 

Not defending anything else he did. But according to the police statement he left his details and left on foot. That's not running away from an accident.

Thank you. If he left details, it's a different story, for me at least. Still, what a major fuckup. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe but surely something small like we are aware of some police investigation.

Everything seems unofficial at the moment except was a car accident which is the only fact we have

Just now, Zatman said:

Maybe but surely something small like we are aware of some police investigation.

Everything seems unofficial at the moment except was a car accident which is the only fact we have

If (and it's a big if I'll admit) there's nothing untoward here apart from being out during a lockdown, I'm not sure there's much for the club to comment on. It's a minor car accident. 
If it's bigger than that, it's entirely possible they haven't even spoken to grealish yet, I doubt they'd be putting any statements out until they know whether it's serious or not.

The Drinkwater thing was a bust up at the training ground where I assume he was immediately disciplined. The club were involved from the start, facts were known. Far easier to put something out

I will wait and see what the facts are before judging him. Putting it politely I think most of us wouldn’t want him in our quiz team so some poor judgement isn’t that surprising.

Just being outside and a bad driver isn’t the end of the world. Let’s hope that’s all it is. Although in the current climate I’m less bothered than I would have been a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Then again we did sign Drinkwater even thou he pulled a stunt like this less then a year ago.

Much as I'd love to pin this on him I obviously cant but I maintain it was a terrible idea to bring characters like him here. 

In truth he had probably played his last game for us anyway. Can’t see the season being resumed and we all know he is off, he has potentially cost us a few million in transfer fee but I certainly don’t think it will stop a top club from buying him as we all know football has no morales.

TBH I think it’s best he leaves regardless - we have become so reliant on him it’s not healthy for us as a club and to move onwards we need to become a team rather than a bunch of individuals and stop picking up his messes.

He will get a telling off but can’t see him getting prosecuted as the alcohol if any will have left the system. Drugs on the other hand and he could be in trouble with FA but time will tell. Either way he hasn’t grown up and I’ve never really felt he was captain material. To preach one thing on social media then do the other is ridiculous.

great great player but a silly boy. By all accounts a great lad but think it’s time we move on regardless. I hope for his sake this dosent set him back on his england career.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly this didn’t occur on our training ground witnessed and managed by our staff. No police investigation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If (and it's a big if I'll admit) there's nothing untoward here apart from being out during a lockdown, I'm not sure there's much for the club to comment on. It's a minor car accident. 
If it's bigger than that, it's entirely possible they haven't even spoken to grealish yet, I doubt they'd be putting any statements out until they know whether it's serious or not.

The Drinkwater thing was a bust up at the training ground where I assume he was immediately disciplined. The club were involved from the start, facts were known. Far easier to put something out

Yep, unlike piers Morgan and the sun the club can't comment until they know what's happened, what will happen next and no doubt talk to the player himself, the police and the lawyers

That "England ace" eye witness account is incredible 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

An update of the story claims "witnesses" say he hit 3 parked cars as well as railing in front of a Real Estate company. Argued with security, cockily said he would pay for the damage and pissed off.

Where it gets questionable is "It was quite strange to see an England ace looking so unkempt and disheveled, he looked quite confused". (This kinda throws "eye witness" account up in the air)

I can't picture any random person calling a player an "England Ace", thats more football journo slang.

However is seems there are more pics of him in, around, and leaving the scene with a napsack.

If all true, as I've said, have the party at home if you must, or call a **** cab to take you home!

Police statement yesterday said there were 2 cars hit

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elton said:

I will wait and see what the facts are before judging him. Putting it politely I think most of us wouldn’t want him in our quiz team so some poor judgement isn’t that surprising.

Just being outside and a bad driver isn’t the end of the world. Let’s hope that’s all it is. Although in the current climate I’m less bothered than I would have been a few weeks ago.

so you're absolutely fine with him being out and about with someone he (presumably) doesn't live with, hours after a post telling everyone to stay inside? that is the best case scenario...if it were not our player we'd slam them for that. i hate that we 'reserve judgement' just cause he plays for a football team we support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

He will get a telling off but can’t see him getting prosecuted as the alcohol if any will have left the system. Drugs on the other hand and he could be in trouble with FA but time will tell. Either way he hasn’t grown up and I’ve never really felt he was captain material. To preach one thing on social media then do the other is ridiculous.

You can fail an FA drugs test for recreational drugs and get a minimal ban and the club is allowed to say your injured. Daryl Murphy got a ban last season and he admitted as much. Allegedly from a lot of online comments, a few seasons back a player at a top Premier League team was similar before a mysterious injury

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness that was training ground incident and easy to ascertain what happened as I'd imagine a number of coaches would have witnessed it and perhaps Smith himself.

All we have at the moment with Grealish is hearsay, a couple of photos and a Police report saying a minor accident occurred and the driver left details with those at the scene. If that is all the info the club have at the moment then I am not sure what they are expected to say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so you're absolutely fine with him being out and about with someone he (presumably) doesn't live with, hours after a post telling everyone to stay inside? that is the best case scenario...if it were not our player we'd slam them for that. i hate that we 'reserve judgement' just cause he plays for a football team we support

I hate it when we rush to judgment just because they play for a football team we support.

• Like 1

I still keen to see the full facts before my judgement, it doesn’t look good.  I just had to pop out to the chemist to pick up my 74 year old moms repeat prescription essential drugs and have to say I look as unkempt as Grealish and if I had had a crash it would look very similar perception wise.  

Obviously my situation is necessary but without full context wouldn’t look good.  I know he’s not picking up his elderly mothers drugs but I wait to hear excuse before passing judgement.

• Like 1

Â