The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Capaldi likes a drink, is always pissed up. My brother and more so his mates drink with him occasionally. This is where my info is coming from, true or not i dont know tbh. Ties in with everything else being reported though. McCormack is known to have a drink problem even whilst at Villa. As you say you got to question why Jack is knocking around with either of them!

I expect your brother wouldn't appreciate you posting every unsubstantiated claim on the internet if he's been told them by Capaldi in confidence. 

• Like 2

In times such as these with the country on lockdown, IF he was out at a party it does show he still fails to exercise sound judgement despite his supposed maturity in recent years. I think Jack is a fantastic footballer but I've always been uncomfortable with his excessive use of the limelight and party boy lifestyle. As a footballer coming into his prime, his objective should be to stay fit and healthy and particularly in times like these, he should be staying at home having a couple of beers in front of the TV on a Saturday night rather than out gallivanting looking for entertainment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

admittedly the charlie and sniff wasn't around in those days, thankfully.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a bigger problem now simply because it would be much easier to function as a professional athlete with a coke problem than booze.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I expect your brother wouldn't appreciate you posting every unsubstantiated claim on the internet if he's been told them by Capaldi in confidence. 

My brother is on here lol like i said il say no more... let Villa the Police and Jack do the talking from now on 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a bigger problem now simply because it would be much easier to function as a professional athlete with a coke problem than booze.

It's a huge problem in the NHL in North America. Tons of hockey players on coke, even big stars.

NHL usually protects them thou and makes up injuries or doesn't explain why they are suspended.

Not saying this has anything to do with Grealish mind.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bose said:

If anything this Covid period has made me see that football isn't that important to me anymore. Why bother when the captain of your club is a child?

I mean this is just so true and something we should all remember. He is a kid. In many other sectors age 23 or whatever he is he’d be a baby fresh out of university or whatever - he’d be photocopying or making people tea. And yet the weirdness of this game means we have 50 year old men looking up to him!

(That’s not me saying - he’s a kid so when he screws up it’s ok, it’s just a comment that you’re exactly right about getting too sucked in by the idea of these guys as role models or emotional attachments).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

First thing I thought when I read this story - Hopefully he'll stay in the summer now. 

Or he's taking a page out of the Ronaldinho playbook.

He partied himself impossible at both PSG and Barcelona so he could get transfers away from those clubs.

I haven't checked in on anything Villa for some time, and this is the bloody thread I have to open first.

Don't know the ins and outs, of Jack's situation, same goes for the UK's covid-19 situation.

The news and media has a propensity for endless tragedy, it's constant, possibly it's purpose.

We're going to be stuck at homes listening to the news and it's perpetual drama.

Be careful what you are absorbing during these times. Energy goes where focus flows.

Grealish has dedicated his life to something he loves, something people love.

He's being made an example of in accordance with an agenda. An agenda to keep people at home.

He's one of us, let's not be so quick to rip the rug from under him before we know what's what.

I bloody enjoy this football club. I love it. Some of the above commentary actually made me flat.

I'm in Jack's corner until I have something concrete to consider otherwise, and even then I'd want to hear what Jack says.

Take care VT I'm probably not going to be in this section of the forum much until the football's back on.

1 minute ago, sne said:

It's a huge problem in the NHL in North America. Tons of hockey players on coke, even big stars.

NHL usually protects them thou and makes up injuries or doesn't explain why they are suspended.

Not saying this has anything to do with Grealish mind.

read some of "The Secret Footballer" books and he says this is quite commonplace in the premier league. usually when some mystery back injury or something is mentioned but is right as rain a week or 2 later this is often attributed to a failed drug test.

like you im taking with a pinch of salt...personally i'd be amazed, if following a drunken accident, both parties in the car failed to stash away a bag of powder and instead leave in full view of anyone walking past. i think this part of the story is BS

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

read some of "The Secret Footballer" books and he says this is quite commonplace in the premier league. usually when some mystery back injury or something is mentioned but is right as rain a week or 2 later this is often attributed to a failed drug test.

like you im taking with a pinch of salt...personally i'd be amazed, if following a drunken accident, both parties in the car failed to stash away a bag of powder and instead leave in full view of anyone walking past. i think this part of the story is BS

Yeah me too

14 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

well tbh 6 weeks ago it was done, **** knows after covid. 

our owners said they wouldn’t stand in his way although they wanted market value £70-80m. 2 years left on contract probably relegated. 
United offer him 5 years around £155k p/w and it’s all done.  

Other bits to it but I show my hand if I say how I know. 

Take this P lads I don’t care, personally I’m gutted but that’s the situation. 

Done 6 weeks ago you say?

13 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You sure? I’m game but make it the end of next summer’s transfer window so 1st sept 2021 or whatever it pans out as, if that’s what the deadline is. I’d have took this on this summers window had the dates not all got shifted due to Covid. 

But not till the end of the 2021 window?

Make your mind up pal. 

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Done 6 weeks ago you say?

But not till the end of the window?

Make your mind up pal. 

Standard "itk" stuff.

It's DEFINITELY done... unless it isn't because of this.

You literally can't be wrong.

"Jack grealish is 100% going to sign for Man Utd, the deal is done... except the Coronavirus thing might mean it doesn't happen"

If it happens, I'm right. If it doesn't happen, well I did say Coronavirus might change the deal. So I'm still right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Standard "itk" stuff.

It's DEFINITELY done... unless it isn't because of this.

You literally can't be wrong.

"Jack grealish is 100% going to sign for Man Utd, the deal is done... except the Coronavirus thing might mean it doesn't happen"

If it happens, I'm right. If it doesn't happen, well I did say Coronavirus might change the deal. So I'm still right.

I don't believe anything until #StevoITK shows up. 

• Like 1

Actually went to school with Capaldi's younger brother who plays in the local Midlands leagues.

His brother used to drink in the Yenton and certainly drink did stop him playing higher up in the leagues (was a reasonably solid championship full back a decade ago).

Disappointing if Jack is still hanging around with these types, more so in the current climate.

This is why this has peed me off (again, if true) 

Just spoke to my son who lives over 2 hours drive away from me and I've not seen for 2 weeks due to isolating. He's written 3 poems: one about De Gea, one about Ramos (I know!) And one about Grealish. He's reading the Grealish one to me with the hero worship and innocence of a 9 year old, I'm thinking I hope he doesn't find out about this and it isn't true as I'll be embarrassed and ashamed for him. 

Like it or not footballers are role models and now even more so kids need people to look up to - perhaps we all do. Grealish will be absolutely slaughtered for this - the public outrage will be huge if this is found to be true, and if it is Villa's best player, fan or not I certainly wont be defending him. 

• Like 1

I have deleted any posts with a rumour or allegation that i posted in this thread thay simply cannot be confirmed 100%. This because it was rightly pointed out by a couple of people in here. Apologies there will be no more content like that from me.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

First thing I thought when I read this story - Hopefully he'll stay in the summer now. 

That crossed my mind as well......I feel evil for even thinking it but there you go!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That crossed my mind as well......I feel evil for even thinking it but there you go!

If we go down we need the proceeds of his sale to prepare us for a year or 3 in the championship.

Â