The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think we can even turn away anything north of 20million to be honest. 

Unfortunately that is the way it will go I'm afraid. 

I can't see any scenario where we can make up a £40m shortfall that doesn't involve selling Jack and the Vultures will be circling with low offers. 

• Like 1

OK as his complete lack of goals & assists is just a couple of meanigless stats ?...

I'll keep it nice & simple, Championship league games only as this is the only thing that really matters

Total amount of games played by Aston Villa = 92

Jack Grealish :

In matchday squad: 66 (71.73% of possible)

Starting eleven: 39 (42.39% of possible starts)

Came on as sub: 19

Unused sub: 8

Of the 39 games he has started We have Won 16 Drawn 11 & Lost 12 (41.02% win percentage) 1.51 points per game

Of the 58 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 22 Drawn 16 & Lost 20 (37.93% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Strange that, The more he plays the worse we perform.

So how do we get on when he isn't around......

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

If you take the team as a whole over the two seasons we have a 43.47% win percentage & average 1.57 points per game, We win more often & earn far more points per game without him on the pitch

We are actually significantly better without him.........

*or are these just meaningless stats too

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

He was phenomenal after he came back from his injury, a much better player than I ever realised for sure.

But considering he's been at Villa since he was 6, getting about 5 months of consistent football (in the Championship, no less) would be a shocking return on a player we've invested so much in. He'll be 23 at the start of the next season.

If a Champions League club came in, it's impossible to begrudge him the move. It's the move to a West Ham or a Leicester that would really sting. I mean fair play to Leicester, that fluke Premier League season was an unbelievable thing - but I really can't see them doing anything else for a while (Mahrez will go, and even with him their football under Puel is horseshit). If he moves to a bang average Premier League team, it's for money, nothing else.

There's not an international football tournament next summer, so his England prospects aren't as big an issue as they could have been. Michael Keane would have gone to the World Cup if it was last year. I just can't see how he's hamstringing his career by staying one more season. He's going to be the main man at a team which is going for the title.

I think he owes us one full year, and if we fail again - that's fine, he can go anywhere and I'll wish him all the best.

And I'm not having it that selling him is our only option of complying with FFP. There has to be other ways. If there truly is no other option than choosing between a points deduction or selling Jack Grealish because we spunked silly money on dross like Ross McCormack and Scott Hogan, then Wyness and Round should lose their jobs. It's that simple.

Agree with all of this

51 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

We were the 4th best team in the league, He should have been superb for us, Especially against some of the absolute shite in this division.

He was.

At least 3 other midfielders in our team created & scored more than twice as many goals, As an attacking midfielder that is pretty much his job...

Jack had 30 appearances. Adomah, Hourihane and Snodgrass had 42, 43 and 44 games respectively. That's an extra 29 games between them than Jack had. If they created and scored twice as many than him, that would make sense.

If he is so vital how has only managed to play the full 90 minutes for us 29 times in 2 full seasons, Incidentally we have only won 12 of those games...

Think the unanimous feeling is he got his head screwed on this year, and he was injured for the first half.

If he is as world class as the 50 million nutters are shouting about he should have dragged us out of the league on his own, He didn't, despite playing in a team with far better players & far more experience than just about every other team he came up against.

Look, no one thinks he's one of the best players in the world, but he's without doubt our best player right now. Not sure why he has to drag us out of the league single-handed to have that accolade.

You can't prove everything with stats. His end product can definitely improve. He needs to add more goals to his game to become a better player. But he was just light-years ahead of all our other midfielders last season, to the extent it's just really weird to argue he wasn’t. 

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 2

Yeh great post that.

I'd also suggest that in today's inflated market plus the usual tax on English players, 20 million is an absolute derisory starting point. At the very minimum we should be looking at 30m+with huge add ons, mostly for things that are likely to happen. That said I wouldn't sell him, and if I was him would feel I owed a little more to my club.

Edited by kieranavfc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

OK as his complete lack of goals & assists is just a couple of meanigless stats ?...

I'll keep it nice & simple, Championship league games only as this is the only thing that really matters

Total amount of games played by Aston Villa = 92

Jack Grealish :

In matchday squad: 66 (71.73% of possible)

Starting eleven: 39 (42.39% of possible starts)

Came on as sub: 19

Unused sub: 8

Of the 39 games he has started We have Won 16 Drawn 11 & Lost 12 (41.02% win percentage) 1.51 points per game

Of the 58 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 22 Drawn 16 & Lost 20 (37.93% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Strange that, The more he plays the worse we perform.

So how do we get on when he isn't around......

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

If you take the team as a whole over the two seasons we have a 43.47% win percentage & average 1.57 points per game, We win more often & earn far more points per game without him on the pitch

We are actually significantly better without him.........

*or are these just meaningless stats too

And just like that, you ruin any argument or credibility you could ever have.

• Haha 2

Jack is too good to be bought and loaned back. A club is not going to blow £20-30 mil on a player and them say 'nah you keep him for 1 more year we ain't that bothered on him' He can play right now in the prem and look like one of the better players already.

Lets face it he is off, we bet the house to go up, we blew it, and we have to sell our best player to cover the costs. Grealish might want to stay but our finances dictate he has to be sold. This money will not be re-invested in the team. The club have had time to make it clear that he is not for sale- Dr Tony did not exactly say that in his statement. This is even worse than Barry,  Milner or even the snake. 

God I am depressed. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Jack is too good to be bought and loaned back. A club is not going to blow £20-30 mil on a player and them say 'nah you keep him for 1 more year we ain't that bothered on him' He can play right now in the prem and look like one of the better players already.

Lets face it he is off, we bet the house to go up, we blew it, and we have to sell our best player to cover the costs. Grealish might want to stay but our finances dictate he has to be sold. This money will not be re-invested in the team. The club have had time to make it clear that he is not for sale- Dr Tony did not exactly say that in his statement. This is even worse than Barry,  Milner or even the snake. 

God I am depressed. 

If it happens you are correct. This is terrible. Maybe the worst case of a player leaving. With yorke we had experienced him at his best. Same with barry. With young, milner and benteke we had money coming in to reinvest (we just **** it up). With grealish, we have a kid who has been with us since age 6, coming into the his best years and the money we get for him not being able to be reinvested in other players. It's a shocking scenario in which xia should be **** crucified for. 

Some of the comments on the forums clubs hes been linked with are horrendous, amazing how many people cant look past his hair and socks, hes got terrible attitude and cant pass!

And thats before you see just basic arguments on stats, at least one leicester fan pointed out that goals and assists are low but chances created, key passes and dribbles per game were all comparable to what mahrez did last season and higher than anyone else in their team

Cant pass, **** me...

• Like 1

I am afraid Tony will look at it from the perspective of a businessman. Only looking at stats like goals, assists and games played, there is an argument that he has not contributed as much as for example Adomah, Snodgrass and Hourihane. Selling Grealish would give us a huge income that would possibly solve our FFP issues, and could even mean we can reinvest in the team.

My view is that he is the most talented player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt, that in combination with the fact that he is one of us, has been at the club since he was a kid and loves the club, the fact that he gives me hope that he can be the player who brings us up to the top of the Premier League, that are for me emotional values that you simply cannot put a price tag on. Seeing him just as an asset and making a business oriented decision diminishes what it's all about for me to love and support a football club. You just don't sell Jack Grealish.

I think the best way would be if as many supporters as possible let Tony know how much it means to us to keep Jack. I'd even go as far as threatening with a suitable boycott... 

• Like 3

I think from a business perspective you have to add in hes the most marketable player at the club, by a distance, theyve made him the face of this club 

Maybe not just for selling him but almost definitely if we sell him for say £20m there will be rumblings at VP that a couple of tweets from tony wont silence, theres very much a danger of his sale being associated with us giving up

£50m or GTFO. Sod taking anything less than that. That’s nothing, really, to most of the premier league clubs. 

Someone mentioned taking him back on loan again as part of the deal. I’d have to say no to that as well, because, if we managed to get promoted, we wouldn’t have jack stay with us, which would annoy me. Same as if we lose him this season completely and go up anyway... so. Can’t win really! Guess he needs to stay. Problem solved. 

• Like 2

Personally I don’t think he will go. The good Dr knows only too well the uproar it would cause.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think from a business perspective you have to add in hes the most marketable player at the club, by a distance, theyve made him the face of this club 

Maybe not just for selling him but almost definitely if we sell him for say £20m there will be rumblings at VP that a couple of tweets from tony wont silence, theres very much a danger of his sale being associated with us giving up

The question for me is not just selling jack......but have we got the ability to prosper from the sale?

I have no evidence to suggest we can.....We really have developed a hit and miss reputation, with signing players.....If I was the owner, i would have a real concern on this subject alone.

I remember times with certain past managers, where this concern was unfounded.....now its alive and kicking.

i think its holding us back.

Edited by TRO

Â