The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he is sold it won't  be to reinvest, it will avoid Villa getting a massive fine over FFP. I really fear for the future at B6.

Totally even if we got £30m, it would go to fill the £40m hole, not on players.

It’s that time of year where the closet accountants come out. All pure speculation and none of us know what is going on with Villa’s finances. 

We need him to stay far more than we need to sell him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s that time of year where the closet accountants come out. All pure speculation and none of us know what is going on with Villa’s finances. 

We need him to stay far more than we need to sell him.

Not even about that. He has 2 years left on his contract ww cant afford to let him go for peanuts next summer unfortunately 

If we get a offer in that region be stupid to turn it down. Will not hold that against jack.

• Like 1

£40m might get me round the table, If they want him for £40m then we would have to implement caveats. 

40% sell  on fee on future sale and we have first refusal of any sale. 

Then I might think about it. 

10 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I'd rather start every match with 10 men than sell Jack.

Given how many other players we’d have to sell to make 40m we may only have 10 players left ? ? 

• Haha 1

The fallout from Bruce's failure is starting to become clear; the dire situation financially which Xia has already alluded to; probably the loss of Grealish; an expensive, over aged squad now to be trimmed.

As time goes on I suspect we will find that Bruce's tenure will have had a more detrimental effect than we could have imagined.

I think he has played his last game for us unfortunately. What a super talent. After the full time whistle against brighton on the last day of the season 12 or so months ago i genuinely didnt know what to think about him. Rare flashes of brilliance but mostly no end product . He has improved so much, strength, vision on the ball is incredible, pass with both feet. He needs to think of his own career now. If he wants to play for england then regretfully ( for us ) he knows what he has to do.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I can live with this and probably jack could too knowing his fee has helped the club substantially. Have to be 40 mill min. 

I view it as potentially helping the club for one season, but also potentially condemning it to mediocrity/failure.

• Like 1

For me xia can **** off and start looking for a new buyer if this is the case. And bruce has done more long term damage than i could have imagined.

To sell this kid at this point to just balance the books is **** criminal and shows once again we are being run by **** useless words removed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I view it as potentially helping the club for one season, but also potentially condemning it to mediocrity/failure.

It’s the insult to injury of last weekends result, and closes the chapter on us as any sort of premier league team as we knew it. But I think we could enjoy supporting the club again, with hopefully less pressure on the team to get instant promotion. 

• Like 1

?? It's the FFP rules, not Tony. What were you expecting? Him not to invest in the prior two reasons? You telling me you wouldn't have been saying get the chequebook out?

We have overspent on some players who haven't worked out, sure, but that happens everywhere, all the time.

A new buyer means **** all btw.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

?? It's the FFP rules, not Tony. What were you expecting? Him not to invest in the prior two reasons? You telling me you wouldn't have been saying get the chequebook out?

We have overspent on some players who haven't worked out, sure, but that happens everywhere, all the time.

A new buyer means **** all btw.

Same shit as lerner. No plan at all, just up or bust. That's the same useless short term gambles that **** us up before he even came here. And just like lerner i'm sure some will defend every useless **** decision. 

• Like 1

Couple of things.

1 - It was very noticeable after the final that the likes of Terry, Snodgrass, Grabban etc were walking around the crowd saying there goodbyes. After a while the rest of the team joined them. The only player that didn't was Jack Grealish who just stood on his own obviously as heartbroken as the rest of us. At that moment I thought he's staying because I couldn't see that he'd walk off the pitch and then leave the club without so much as a wave to the fans. 

2 - He hasn't come out and said I'm staying whatever happens I want to get this club promoted. There have been enough people asking on the various social media! 

Its probably an open question at the moment and will come down to the club as much as it does him. It depends on the finances what bids we get for other players etc. Because there is no doubt in an ideal world the club will want to keep him and build the whole side around him. 

Really hoping BB and Jedinak have immense World Cups and we get some silly bids coming in. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Most of it is based on The Swiss Ramble's analysis of our situation.

So whilst you're right that none of us know for sure the actual situation, it's based off about as good an independent analysis as you're likely to find.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Most of it is based on The Swiss Ramble's analysis of our situation.

So whilst you're right that none of us know for sure the actual situation, it's based off about as good an independent analysis as you're likely to find.

And it's not a closet.  It's a room with a proper desk and everything AFAIK.

Â