The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It does if you want him. 

Unfortunately for you, if you need to meet FFP targets then it doesn't put you in a very good bargaining position to start with. By the looks of the statement from your owner, it seems you are more in need of the money, than perhaps the interested parties need your player.

Just now, babyblue said:

Well, looking at the market for Championship players. Nobody has gone for more than about £15m from what I can see, so I'm not sure why he's suddenly worth £10m more than all the best players were previously. I appreciate you rate him highly, but fan ratings don't dictate the market.

Plus, as I've said... £25m gets you champions league playing internationals abroad. 9 goals and 9 assists in an entire career, does not a £25m player make. £15m rising with high target addons, buying team staying up, making Europe, getting full international caps etc. Yes, you stand a chance of someone going for a deal like that.

You do know that we are allowed to sell a player under contract for what we want to right?

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

You do know that we are allowed to sell a player under contract for what we want to right?

You can ask what you want, it doesn't mean people are going to pay it. You aren't in a good position I'm afraid, the Chairman's statement screamed of "Fire Sale" and won't go unnoticed by interested clubs. It's likely they will be willing to call his bluff and low ball you to see how desperate he is.

3 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Unfortunately for you, if you need to meet FFP targets then it doesn't put you in a very good bargaining position to start with. By the looks of the statement from your owner, it seems you are more in need of the money, than perhaps the interested parties need your player.

Haha, what a way to woo a player of jacks class, if you get him it will be because you move early with silly money. 

Just now, babyblue said:

You can ask what you want, it doesn't mean people are going to pay it. You aren't in a good position I'm afraid, the Chairman's statement screamed of "Fire Sale" and won't go unnoticed by interested clubs. It's likely they will be willing to call his bluff and low ball you to see how desperate he is.

Who said we need to sell him?

You know about as much as our fans do at the moment about our current financial situation. Nothing.

We could quite easily make up the short fall by selling off other dross first or get one of those nice jock strap sponsors to make up the difference.

For all you and I know that's exactly what is going on at the moment.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, babyblue said:

The money hasn't changed since we sold Drinkwater and we thought £30m was ok for a premier league winning English CM. We'd get no more than £20-£25m for Gray who is a young English Talent.

I think the sales of Coutinho, Neymar, VVD have warped peoples opinions of what the market is actually like. They were freaks fueled by the desperation of PSG, they aren't going to happen all the time.

We'll be expecting to get 3 players with the Mahrez money.

Depends how much you want him.

If we get to a scenario where we desparatley need the cash and Leicester are the only ones interested - then that would put you in a strong position to beat the  price down.

If however you want him and want it done quickly - you could pay £25m+ early on the window

or you take to your chances and hope to be the biggest bidder as the window goes on - I honestly don't think you will get him for less than £20m - because they wouldn't cover our FFP shortfall. 

10 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Well, looking at the market for Championship players. Nobody has gone for more than about £15m from what I can see, so I'm not sure why he's suddenly worth £10m more than all the best players were previously. I appreciate you rate him highly, but fan ratings don't dictate the market.

Plus, as I've said... £25m gets you champions league playing internationals abroad. 9 goals and 9 assists in an entire career, does not a £25m player make. £15m rising with high target addons, buying team staying up, making Europe, getting full international caps etc. Yes, you stand a chance of someone going for a deal like that.

Cool.

Offer £15m and see how far you get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Who said we need to sell him?

You know about as much as our fans do at the moment about our current financial situation. Nothing.

We could quite easily make up the short fall by selling off other dross first or get one of those nice jock strap sponsors to make up the difference.

For all you and I know that's exactly what is going on at the moment.

Nobody knows for sure, the point I'm making is that everyone can read and the statement is quite clear that there will be cost cutting. Buying clubs will know that and test you, doesn't matter if it's us, West Ham, Burnley, Everton or anyone else.

Just now, babyblue said:

Nobody knows for sure, the point I'm making is that everyone can read and the statement is quite clear that there will be cost cutting. Buying clubs will know that and test you, doesn't matter if it's us, West Ham, Burnley, Everton or anyone else.

Well as was just posted above, you guys crack on with that. Test away.

One of the biggest things the owner has pointed to is the connection between the fans and players. If he thinks selling Jack for pennies will help to maintain that then god help us.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Depends how much you want him.

If we get to a scenario where we desparatley need the cash and Leicester are the only ones interested - then that would put you in a strong position to beat the  price down.

If however you want him and want it done quickly - you could pay £25m+ early on the window

or you take to your chances and hope to be the biggest bidder as the window goes on - I honestly don't think you will get him for less than £20m - because they wouldn't cover our FFP shortfall.

Depends on a lot of factors of course, I just came to see what people had to say about the lad and couldn't believe what I was reading with some actually thinking you'd get £30-£40m. That will not happen.

There is that middle ground between the £15-£25m with loads of adds ons that the scenario can swing between depending on who is the most desperate. That's the area you'd be looking at IMO.

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Well as was just posted above, you guys crack on with that. Test away.

One of the biggest things the owner has pointed to is the connection between the fans and players. If he thinks selling Jack for pennies will help to maintain that then god help us.

It hinges on what your other saleable assets are I suppose, if he can cover the costs without selling the prodigal son. Then it puts you in a much stronger position of course, to rebuff any offer you want, which will push the price up for any interested party.

4 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Depends on a lot of factors of course, I just came to see what people had to say about the lad and couldn't believe what I was reading with some actually thinking you'd get £30-£40m. That will not happen.

There is that middle ground between the £15-£25m with loads of adds ons that the scenario can swing between depending on who is the most desperate. That's the area you'd be looking at IMO.

Sunderland sold a bang average goalkeeper for £30m. I think we will be fine with our valuation. Cheers.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, babyblue said:

If McCormack went for £12, Hogan went for £12, then Jack is twice that and then some. Minimum. We shouldn't be selling him anyway, the best way out of our financial hole is to keep our home grown players, and compliment them with some well scouted additions. Not sell our best assets every summer, or we'll be a championship club or worse for a long time to come.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sunderland sold a bang average goalkeeper for £30m. I think we will be fine with our valuation. Cheers.

He had performed at premier league level, he's been the standout player for Everton and he's probably now England's number one keeper. If you'd got promoted and Jack had performed next season as well, then you'd probably be absolutely right in the valuation.

6 minutes ago, babyblue said:

It hinges on what your other saleable assets are I suppose, if he can cover the costs without selling the prodigal son. Then it puts you in a much stronger position of course, to rebuff any offer you want, which will push the price up for any interested party.

He can cover a lot of the costs by not paying the wages of a lot of players whose contracts are expiring.

@babyblue I think most of what you say is fair. For us it all depends on the devil in the detail of how bad FFP is. I, personally assume he'll be gone,  But £20m would be the starting point ( with add-ons ) etc. If we can keep him, then I guess things aren't quite so bad, but there is always a lot of bluffing PR nonsense with these sagas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

If McCormack went for £12, Hogan went for £12, then Jack is twice that and then some. Minimum. We shouldn't be selling him anyway, the best way out of our financial hole is to keep our home grown players, and compliment them with some well scouted additions. Not sell our best assets every summer, or we'll be a championship club or worse for a long time to come.

N'didi cost us the same as Mendy... but they are light years away from each other in terms of quality. What one flop costs doesn't dictate from someone else does. We know that oh so well as we've signed so many shite players for big money the last two years. Mahrez should be worth about £700m comparing his talents and Musa, who cost us about £20m.

Agree about your best way out of it and I hope you can do it. Got loads of Villa mates and I've been down yours with them no end of times.

• Like 1

Â