The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

36 minutes ago, babyblue said:

All of whom had performed at premier league level. Now name a promising championship player who has gone for those fees?

Grealish has played in the Premier League, and equally destroyed Liverpool in the FA Cup semi final a few years ago.

Either way, i'm pretty sure as already discussed the majority of us don't care what other clubs or fans think the "Fair market rate is", as we don't want to sell him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

All of whom had performed at premier league level. Now name a promising championship player who has gone for those fees?

Guessing you missed him  tearing Liverpool to shreds at Wembley 3 years ago then ;)

Grealish didn’t look bad in the premiership under sherwood and he’s only improved since then 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 8pints said:

I remember his scoring a cracker in the Premier League.

Image result for jack grealish gif

I'm surprised you don't remember that one considering how you went on to win.

Was against a half arsed  little club  though ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't accept £40m - I'd want more than that. There aren't many players of his type around at the moment and a dog average Premier League midfielder is £20m nowadays.

100% agree with you, but I really think clubs know we are in a bad state, but can probably out wait us. I think if we haven't solved our financial issues by end of July, clubs will come in circling for Grealish because they can probably get him for cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Paddy power quoted 9/1 on this 2 days ago - now  down to 13/5 - could be some legs in this . 

Only takes a few bets on Grealish to Spurs to change the odds by a fair amount. All I've seen on Twitter is some kid claiming he knows someone who's said Grealish is going to Spurs. Maybe he's right though who knows.

• Like 1

If rumors turn out to be true, Leicester will be "doing a Grealish" with their £60m for Mahrez and paying off FFP fines with it anyway lol.

I wish the club would quash these lazy journalism rumours, just a "he's going nowhere" on the official site would nip the WUMs in the bud at least, all they do is turn his head and feed his agents ego ffs.

If Spurs come knocking it would be really hard for him to say no to that. Especially working under Poch. 

Would probably be a very good move for him. 

Would hate to see it happen though, if we could get him back on loan next season that would be excellent. 

6 hours ago, babyblue said:

Nobody is looking down from what I can see, just that very few think he's worth anything close to the reported numbers, for all the reasons I outlined yesterday.

Thinking you'd get £30-40m is laughable, I'm sorry it just is. We're losing out best player, the best player we've ever had, a player who gets bags full of goals and assists at a higher level whilst in a defensive team, a PFA player of the year... for £60m. Your numbers just don't add up, the market as you seem to see it, we do not.

You are within your rights to ask for however much you want, everyone else is also free to say he's worth nothing close to that. I know it's emotive with him, he's a fan we all adore that sort of player when they come through, but the market hasn't moved on as much as you seem to think it has.

£28m for Slimani says that it has

14 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Spurs would be a great move for him tbf. Obviously I'd rather him stay but you couldn't begrudge him a move to there. 

Yes if he going better to go to a decent club rather than little old leicester ;)

6 hours ago, babyblue said:

Funnily enough Norwich appear to be quoting £20m to £25m for Maddison  a player of similar age to Grealish with half the pedigree 

seems £40m might be cheap on that basis , not that it will stop Spurs offering £6m and being upset when we tell them to go **** themselves 

• Like 2

I think he 'll leave us this summer, he is too good for the Championship, and we need the money. Less than 30m and we know the club really have to sell because of FFP..

If he stay we have to get promotion, next summer Grealish only have one year left of his contract.

Â