The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just seen this quote in the express 

“The Hammers have held preliminary talks with Villa but have been initially put off by the £40million price-tag.

Tottenham are keen but they too don't want to stump up the huge fee that Villa, who lost in the Championship play-off final, are looking for.

But both clubs are watching the situation closely and they will reopen talks with Villa if they drop their lofty demands.” 

My first thought are if they don’t like the price (which should be higher) then look elsewhere. Second thought is if this club lets him go for anything less than what we need to cover our mess then I’m done, the would be no point selling jack and  not getting enough money to get us out the shit. 

they want the player but not willing to pay the doe putting it straight.

if villa HAVE to sell ..cash only,(ffp) no px they never work .. milner -stephen ireland springs to mind!

We could sell for less (enough to do what's needed for FFP) and then get x number of player on loan with no fees payable and we make peppercorn contributions to their wages. 

They would need to be the right players though who would genuinely strength our team. No Onomaha types. 

5 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just seen this quote in the express 

“The Hammers have held preliminary talks with Villa but have been initially put off by the £40million price-tag.

Tottenham are keen but they too don't want to stump up the huge fee that Villa, who lost in the Championship play-off final, are looking for.

But both clubs are watching the situation closely and they will reopen talks with Villa if they drop their lofty demands.” 

My first thought are if they don’t like the price (which should be higher) then look elsewhere. Second thought is if this club lets him go for anything less than what we need to cover our mess then I’m done, the would be no point selling jack and  not getting enough money to get us out the shit. 

West Ham and Spurs rumoured to be looking at doing a deal on the cheap. What a shock! ? "Lofty demands" ? Hopefully we hung up on them when they tried to barter us down if not before. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MONCABA said:

I could live with selling Jack if we had an option to loan him back for next season.

There's no chance. Spurs or whoever would buy him because they want him now. There is no way a club will pay 40m for a player and them send him out on loan to the Championship, especially one who is the Championships most fouled player!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be great if he signed a new contract (even if it had some 35-40m release clause in it). Would be a statement of intent from him and the owner. 

I could be living in a dream world

Not even in doubt, mate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

There's no chance. Spurs or whoever would buy him because they want him now. There is no way a club will pay 40m for a player and them send him out on loan to the Championship, especially one who is the Championships most fouled player!

Also in a year's time he would have 1 year left on his deal here so would make more sense to not buy him untill then and get him a lot cheaper than pay 40 million to not use him for a year anyway. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 12:38, VILLAMARV said:

3 things, didn't you say your last post would be a few posts ago? ?

Also why aren't you blue? Did your subconscious make you a Villa fan on sign up? I mean @striker is blatantly a Villa fan with a soft spot for Everton ;) and he has to suffer the ignominy of the blue box!!

#Justiceforstriker

Thirdly, if Jack leaves it will need to be for a club record to pacify the fans here, The club value him at £40m+, he has 2 years left on his contract and, most importantly, he will get to decide his future. The back and forth about value, fees and availability may be fun but if your club came out 4 weeks after saying "£20m wouldn't buy you his right leg right now" and then sold him for £20m what would happen? Think logically. The only upside to us cashing in on Grealish is if we get to wipe the remaining £20m odd worth of debt off in one go AND get as much as we can over and above that to invest in the team. £40m is a good starting point for us, £45m - £50m becomes a no brainer and starts to become worth it.

If selling that once in a generation player is ever worth it of course......

Thanks for that VILLAMARV. Yep Villa fan but prepared to wait until the powers that be decide that I’ve earned the claret & blue stripes.?

Lets hope Jack will be wearing those very same stripes next season because he’s definitely earned them.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

On 02/06/2018 at 22:29, PieFacE said:

Would be great if he signed a new contract (even if it had some 35-40m release clause in it). Would be a statement of intent from him and the owner. 

I could be living in a dream world though. 

All the money we've been pissing away on McCormack, Richards and Gabby yet we probably can't offer our best player a lucrative deal. Football is stupid. 

aka Fabian Delph signed contract

I suspect the club will keep quiet on this as long as possible to sell a few more season cards, get a few cheap signings in, and then flog him in the last week of the window to keep AVFC afloat.

I am sorry I am getting increasingly cynical in my old age.

The only interest any club has with us right now, is a firesale.

Any genuine interest has been changed by the smell of blood, its the predatory nature of this business.

They want him for nothing now.

I think a little sprinkling of fake news, could work wonders and send the hyena's scurrying away.....I knew it would come in useful someday.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 14:16, 8pints said:

I remember his scoring a cracker in the Premier League.

Image result for jack grealish gif

I'm surprised you don't remember that one considering how you went on to win.

On 01/06/2018 at 14:21, Eastie said:

Was against a half arsed  little club  though ;)

What was the score that day?

On 01/06/2018 at 13:08, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Grealish has played in the Premier League, and equally destroyed Liverpool in the FA Cup semi final a few years ago.

Either way, i'm pretty sure as already discussed the majority of us don't care what other clubs or fans think the "Fair market rate is", as we don't want to sell him.

There is a difference between performed at and played at. He's only had 1600 minutes at that level, you only started him in 7 games and 9 games, so that suggests he wasn't performing at that level.

On 01/06/2018 at 17:40, Hoof hearted said:

If rumors turn out to be true, Leicester will be "doing a Grealish" with their £60m for Mahrez and paying off FFP fines with it anyway lol.

I wish the club would quash these lazy journalism rumours, just a "he's going nowhere" on the official site would nip the WUMs in the bud at least, all they do is turn his head and feed his agents ego ffs.

What rumours would they be? We'd paid a £3m fine and that's the end of it.

7 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Villatalk...I believe it says on the first page that it's a place for Villa fans. 

However we're pretty good with visiting supporters on the whole, just click visiting supporter on sign up and we'll know you're not full of .... oh no hang on.....

Â