The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

OK as his complete lack of goals & assists is just a couple of meanigless stats ?...

I'll keep it nice & simple, Championship league games only as this is the only thing that really matters

Total amount of games played by Aston Villa = 92

Jack Grealish :

In matchday squad: 66 (71.73% of possible)

Starting eleven: 39 (42.39% of possible starts)

Came on as sub: 19

Unused sub: 8

Of the 39 games he has started We have Won 16 Drawn 11 & Lost 12 (41.02% win percentage) 1.51 points per game

Of the 58 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 22 Drawn 16 & Lost 20 (37.93% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Strange that, The more he plays the worse we perform.

So how do we get on when he isn't around......

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

If you take the team as a whole over the two seasons we have a 43.47% win percentage & average 1.57 points per game, We win more often & earn far more points per game without him on the pitch

We are actually significantly better without him.........

*or are these just meaningless stats too

Statistics, statistics and damn lies....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If it happens you are correct. This is terrible. Maybe the worst case of a player leaving. With yorke we had experienced him at his best. Same with barry. With young, milner and benteke we had money coming in to reinvest (we just **** it up). With grealish, we have a kid who has been with us since age 6, coming into the his best years and the money we get for him not being able to be reinvested in other players. It's a shocking scenario in which xia should be **** crucified for. 

I think you make a very good point. If, IF it happens ......of course it may well not, - but this is a debating site so I think there’s nothing wrong in the conjecture - so, as a hypothetical, I would add....

..... what on earth would it say about how we are being run ?

....One could already be wondering, given that our budget, parachute payments, wage bill, and assets valuations were all known on Day 1, exactly how we ended up here. I don’t recall anything about the new owners approach being an all or nothing gamble , nor that 2 seasons in we’d be in a poor financial situation, or selling our best players ?

.....One could be thinking I don’t recall ever getting the idea ( until sometime around pre-season) that FFP would play such a massive part at this stage. I mean, one could ask, if it was the case that all there was to spend was - effectively - the parachute payments, and that even that spending would have to be quickly recouped, what was the benefit of the new owner at all ?

I can understand getting in JT for a season and he goes if we don’t go up, likewise the loans.....but if they knew a failure to get promoted would mean HAVING to sell Jack or any other decent player, what on earth were they thinking !!! It’d mean we were being run appallingly.

But for now I will assume they are not doing any such thing, and, not only that, we will have the modernisation we need, finances will get sorted, and we’ll be well in the fight to go up in the next campaign.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not about who you sell.....its about who you buy.

to replace them.

obviously, not our forte.

That’s the problem though.

I don’t think Jack ( or Kodak, or Chester) is even close to being sold, so I think it’s all moot.

But......

...if they were, it wouldn’t be to BUY anybody, it’d be to balance books ! As @DCJonah says above if that does transpire to be the case where on earth would that leave the expertise of the owners ?

Im not going to lose sleep over it, it’s all speculation. But......

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That’s the problem though.

I don’t think Jack ( or Kodak, or Chester) is even close to being sold, so I think it’s all moot.

But......

...if they were, it wouldn’t be to BUY anybody, it’d be to balance books ! As @DCJonah says above if that does transpire to be the case where on earth would that leave the expertise of the owners ?

Im not going to lose sleep over it, it’s all speculation. But......

Yeah exactly. The fact we couldn't reinvest it is not good.

I can't believe I've just read a post saying we're significantly better without Grealish. Of all the nonsense I've seen on this place over the past few years I think that tops the lot. 

• Like 4

If we get £40m for him, then I will reluctantly accept that, after swearing a lot, slamming some doors and kicking next doors cat, twice.

Any less than that and I will be f***ing livid, fly to China and beat Tony over the head with a Toblerone* (other triangular chocolates are available). 

If we keep him, then I will be very happy.

* I wont really do this

Another season in the Championship won't do him any harm at all. Main man at a big club pushing for promotion, first name on the team sheet. Tine is on his side. Much better for his development to do this than, for example, sitting on the bench at Spurs, or a relegation battle with Southampton. If he plays a full season with no fitness issues, his stocks will continue to rise and he'll come out on top whether we get promoted or whether we fail and he gets a deal at a PL club. And if we're really stuggling then there is always a way out for him in January.

I have very little faith left in the loyalty of players these days, but still hold out some hope - albeit small - that Jack actually wants to stay.

If we end up having to sell him for financial reasons, then that's a depressingly terrible indictment of the way that club has been run, and the quality of the rest of our squad.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Some of the comments on the forums clubs hes been linked with are horrendous, amazing how many people cant look past his hair and socks, hes got terrible attitude and cant pass!

And thats before you see just basic arguments on stats, at least one leicester fan pointed out that goals and assists are low but chances created, key passes and dribbles per game were all comparable to what mahrez did last season and higher than anyone else in their team

Cant pass, **** me...

I guess they all pay as little attention to what's happening in the Championship as I did for 25+ years of my life. It's annoying reading their daft jaw-jaw, but it only matters what their scouts think, not what their fans say. 

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think we can even turn away anything north of 20million to be honest. 

If we sold him for that figure I wouldn't step into Villa Park whilst Xia is still there. 

9 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Every time we've sold our best player, the team has gradually got worse. Barry, Young, Milner, Benteke. Not once has selling our best player and reinvested into the team worked. 

No player is bigger than the club but Grealish is the only positive right now. Take him away and I feel like we've sold our soul. 

Exactly. We'd spend the money on dross and wish we hadn't sold him. 

• Like 1

We should not sell him unless he wants to go.

There would have to be other ways to sort out FFP.

Surely this will not have come as a surprise? Is it just that Wyness is out of date and has no idea what to do in the modern football world, where you have to be a bit clever and show some ingenuity.

One thing we seen to be neglecting is what Jack himself wants out of this. Obviously we all want him at Villa and It would be really disappointing to see him leave now as he seems to be coming of age and showing signs of his real talent... but what if he has made his mind up and he wants to go? Players and agents hold the real power in these situations. Would it be fair then to slag off Xia as some seem to be based on Jack wanting to leave?

hope he stays for anither year but not sure we will for multiple reasons.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Blimey, reading that Leicester forum. What a bunch of jumped-up, self-important pricks their fans have turned into. My word.

I do remember how we laughed and scoffed at a potential £10m bid for Vardy the summer before they won the league though.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I do remember how we laughed and scoffed at a potential £10m bid for Vardy the summer before they won the league though.

Or when we beat them to the Veretout signing.

Â