The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He can cover a lot of the costs by not paying the wages of a lot of players whose contracts are expiring.

Yeah someone mentioned that, I've seen the Swiss Ramble stuff and the Dr's statement and it just read like you needed to do a bit more than trim the fat. You guys have more knowledge than I on your situation.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah seems the Leicester Chairman has joined the board to tell us they will get Jack for around 15 mil. ITK

I'll happily wager £10 to a charity of your choice that you don't get more than £25m, including add ons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babyblue said:

I'll happily wager £10 to a charity of your choice that you don't get more than £25m, including add ons.

If that’s all you can afford then don’t waste our time bidding mate ;)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

@babyblue I think most of what you say is fair. For us it all depends on the devil in the detail of how bad FFP is. I, personally assume he'll be gone,  But £20m would be the starting point ( with add-ons ) etc. If we can keep him, then I guess things aren't quite so bad, but there is always a lot of bluffing PR nonsense with these sagas. 

I'm a bit out of the loop on all the FFP stuff now as I know they've changed the rules a few times since we went up. I'm not sure what the punishments even are now if you just said "**** it, lets not bother with FFP"?

From leicestershire or a club with ambition? 

4 minutes ago, babyblue said:

You do realis to us this is like someone offering you 25 mill for Mahrez and Leicester taking it right?

It seems you fail to recognise these things are not only dictated by perceived market price.

The willingness of the player to go, the value of the player to the club (monetarily and otherwise) will have a huge part to play.

Aside from the fact it would more than likely piss a load of fans off and lose us revenue.

Ironically our "financial situation" might be a huge reason we need to keep him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I'm a bit out of the loop on all the FFP stuff now as I know they've changed the rules a few times since we went up. I'm not sure what the punishments even are now if you just said "**** it, lets not bother with FFP"?

It has been mooted, but it seems they changed the rules in 2014 to give them more power to demote clubs, rescind promotions, docking points, and transfer embargos. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realis to us this is like someone offering you 25 mill for Mahrez and Leicester taking it right?

It seems you fail to recognise these things are not only dictated by perceived market price.

The willingness of the player to go, the value of the player to the club (monetarily and otherwise) will have a huge part to play.

Aside from the fact it would more than likely piss a load of fans off and lose us revenue.

Ironically our "financial situation" might be a huge reason we need to keep him.

Oh no, I recognise all of those things and I've taken them into account. Anyway, last post.

Again, good luck.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Having Leicester and Fulham rans lording over us.

Don't let them see you hurting boys.

Don't let them...

200.gif

...see you hurting.

No lording fella, football is swings and roudabouts. We'll be relegated at some point and you'll be promoted and you'll be taking our managers and players again just like you have done in the past. That's football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, babyblue said:

No lording fella, football is swings and roudabouts. We'll be relegated at some point and you'll be promoted and you'll be taking our managers and players again just like you have done in the past. That's football.

Just joking. We aren't  the first club's fans to demand an insane price for their star player and we won't be the last. I have been on many a message board and chuckled when linked with a player. Jack is everything to this team though, with him we stand a chance without him we are Bolton.

• Like 2

Â