The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Blimey, reading that Leicester forum. What a bunch of jumped-up, self-important pricks their fans have turned into. My word.

Have no intention of reading other clubs forums - leicester and wolves might enjoy their moments in the sun now but we know it won’t last - we will reclaim our place as the top team in the Midlands in time whilst they return to their usual mediocrity . 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just hurts to be mocked and looked down on by fans of tinpot clubs such as Leicester and Fulham. Not going up sucks.

Nobody is looking down from what I can see, just that very few think he's worth anything close to the reported numbers, for all the reasons I outlined yesterday.

Thinking you'd get £30-40m is laughable, I'm sorry it just is. We're losing out best player, the best player we've ever had, a player who gets bags full of goals and assists at a higher level whilst in a defensive team, a PFA player of the year... for £60m. Your numbers just don't add up, the market as you seem to see it, we do not.

You are within your rights to ask for however much you want, everyone else is also free to say he's worth nothing close to that. I know it's emotive with him, he's a fan we all adore that sort of player when they come through, but the market hasn't moved on as much as you seem to think it has.

24 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Nobody is looking down from what I can see, just that very few think he's worth anything close to the reported numbers, for all the reasons I outlined yesterday.

Thinking you'd get £30-40m is laughable, I'm sorry it just is. We're losing out best player, the best player we've ever had, a player who gets bags full of goals and assists at a higher level whilst in a defensive team, a PFA player of the year... for £60m. Your numbers just don't add up, the market as you seem to see it, we do not.

You are within your rights to ask for however much you want, everyone else is also free to say he's worth nothing close to that. I know it's emotive with him, he's a fan we all adore that sort of player when they come through, but the market hasn't moved on as much as you seem to think it has.

You might be right, but remember players with a status of homegrown as well, will add that extra on top of the price no matter how good they are.  

26 minutes ago, babyblue said:

You might be right in the end, but coming on here and pretty much gloating (regardless of whether it was your intentions) over us about our star player after the week we've had, is equally nauseating and frustrating. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, babyblue said:

you forget that the market is determined by what the player is worth to the selling club not the buyer, Leicesters valuation of mahrez has no bearing on our valuation of grealish, maybe what you should be asking is why if villa value jack at £40m do leicester only value mahrez at £60m? the answer to which will probably be something behind the scenes based on his reaction in january and maybe gentlemans agreements based on city coming back in

If Grealish were available for £15m - I think every premiership club, and a whole of of European clubs would be in for him at that price. - you would be mad not to be in for him at that price. £20m is the starting price IMO - going upwards to more clubs that seriously want him.

Also the thing about Grealish is not only is he a good player - he is an absolute joy to watch. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, babyblue said:

He's not worth £40m (yet).  But to me, that price tag signals an intent to keep hold of him which I'm glad about, but if someone does end up offering that, fair enough. 

We might even get a couple of million to spend on players ourselves then.

36 minutes ago, babyblue said:

I don't think grealish is worth 40 million but if we don't need to sell then we could easily hold out for that sort of fee depending on how badly you want him. 

Mahrez has done an awful lot for you no denying that but he's also made it very clear the past few windows he wants to leave, after this window he'll have 18 months left on his contract which is when players values start decreasing quickly. Last window your club valued him at 90 million. 

The main difference is you have a player who wants to leave, who has the chance to play for the best team in England under one of the best coaches in the world, city know they can put in a decent bid and mahrez and his agent will do the rest to get the move done. We have a young English player who loves the club and has never made any indication about wanting to leave with bags of potential who we most likely will be wanting to keep a hold of which is why we can dictate his value.

P. S

Andy Carroll 35 Mill, Shaw 30 Mill, Michael Keane 30 Mill, John Stones 47 Mill, Jordan Pickford 30 Mill. Being young and English and having a bit of potential costs a lot! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Grealish were available for £15m - I think every premiership club, and a whole of of European clubs would be in for him at that price. - you would be mad not to be in for him at that price. £20m is the starting price IMO - going upwards to more clubs that seriously want him.

Also the thing about Grealish is not only is he a good player - he is an absolute joy to watch. 

And he will get better playing with better players - for me £25m with add ons would be the absolute minimum 

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You might be right in the end, but coming on here and pretty much gloating (regardless of whether it was your intentions) over us about our star player after the week we've had, is equally nauseating and frustrating. 

Could you point out where I've gloated about anything? I've discussed his valuation, nothing else.

28 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Andy Carroll 35 Mill, Shaw 30 Mill, Michael Keane 30 Mill, John Stones 47 Mill, Jordan Pickford 30 Mill. Being young and English and having a bit of potential costs a lot! 

All of whom had performed at premier league level. Now name a promising championship player who has gone for those fees?

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

Blah blah etc

3 things, didn't you say your last post would be a few posts ago? ?

Also why aren't you blue? Did your subconscious make you a Villa fan on sign up? I mean @striker is blatantly a Villa fan with a soft spot for Everton ;) and he has to suffer the ignominy of the blue box!!

#Justiceforstriker

Thirdly, if Jack leaves it will need to be for a club record to pacify the fans here, The club value him at £40m+, he has 2 years left on his contract and, most importantly, he will get to decide his future. The back and forth about value, fees and availability may be fun but if your club came out 4 weeks after saying "£20m wouldn't buy you his right leg right now" and then sold him for £20m what would happen? Think logically. The only upside to us cashing in on Grealish is if we get to wipe the remaining £20m odd worth of debt off in one go AND get as much as we can over and above that to invest in the team. £40m is a good starting point for us, £45m - £50m becomes a no brainer and starts to become worth it.

If selling that once in a generation player is ever worth it of course......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you forget that the market is determined by what the player is worth to the selling club not the buyer, Leicesters valuation of mahrez has no bearing on our valuation of grealish, maybe what you should be asking is why if villa value jack at £40m do leicester only value mahrez at £60m? the answer to which will probably be something behind the scenes based on his reaction in january and maybe gentlemans agreements based on city coming back in

Is it because the people coming up with the Villa figure are delusional? Take away the mental transfers of Neymar, Coutinho and VVD (all linked) £60m is a great price. Sallah was £35m after banging in goals galore in Italy. English player proven in the premier league go for £30m ish, not championship players.

Reality of the Championship soon bites I'm afraid, with FFP and SKY TV money, few clubs could turn down any reasonable offer for their best players. Whether you are Villa, Leeds, Leicester, or Derby. Will Hughes was a very decebt championship player, cost £8m. Strikers banging in the goals every week, £13-£15m. That's the reality of the championship marketplace. If you'd only just come down, nobody would be able to buy him as you are in a decent position thanks to the parachute payments. But eventually clubs have to cut the cloth.

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

Is it because the people coming up with the Villa figure are delusional? Take away the mental transfers of Neymar, Coutinho and VVD (all linked) £60m is a great price. Sallah was £35m after banging in goals galore in Italy. English player proven in the premier league go for £30m ish, not championship players.

Reality of the Championship soon bites I'm afraid, with FFP and SKY TV money, few clubs could turn down any reasonable offer for their best players. Whether you are Villa, Leeds, Leicester, or Derby. Will Hughes was a very decebt championship player, cost £8m. Strikers banging in the goals every week, £13-£15m. That's the reality of the championship marketplace. If you'd only just come down, nobody would be able to buy him as you are in a decent position thanks to the parachute payments. But eventually clubs have to cut the cloth.

By all means bid your £20m mate and give us all a good laugh . 

‘If you cant afford the asking price don’t bother bidding :)

Edited by Eastie

16 minutes ago, babyblue said:

All of whom had performed at premier league level. Now name a promising championship player who has gone for those fees?

Pickford came bottom of the prem with one of the worst goals against in the league, would hardly call that performing. Those figures were just to show how average players can have there prices inflated just for being English, the rest of my post told you why you could maybe expect to pay that much for grealish....

17 minutes ago, babyblue said:

again trying to use other transfer fees and find a comparable figure, waste of time because it doesnt work like that

Jack Grealish has a value to aston villa, if leicester dont meet that value then we wont sell him, that value ideally as a best case scenario is the same size as the FFP hole we apparently have to fill, if we sell him for £20m then we still have to generate additional revenue or we will fail, failing to plug the gap and selling our best player makes absolutely no sense whatsoever 

what will hughes went for is irrelevant

Â