The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just joking. We aren't  the first club's fans to demand an insane price for their star player and we won't be the last. I have been on many a message board and chuckled when linked with a player. Jack is everything to this team though, with him we stand a chance without him we are Bolton.

Technically without him we were 5th (as of December/November maybe) and with him we rose to 4th. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Depends on a lot of factors of course, I just came to see what people had to say about the lad and couldn't believe what I was reading with some actually thinking you'd get £30-£40m. That will not happen.

There is that middle ground between the £15-£25m with loads of adds ons that the scenario can swing between depending on who is the most desperate. That's the area you'd be looking at IMO.

30-40m is well over the top for Grealish. You pay that for world class players, and he's still not proven to be a consistent performer at the highest level. He could very well go for 30m though. No chance you will get him for less than 20m. Other clubs will be interested, and I can see him going for at least 20m and that's with add on's. Very young and talented player, so we won't sell cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think we can even turn away anything north of 20million to be honest. 

The moment 20 million gets put on the table for him, Xia will take note. He will want as close to 30m as he possibly can, but 20m is the trigger point. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

30-40m is well over the top for Grealish. You pay that for world class players, and he's still not proven to be a consistent performer at the highest level. He could very well go for 30m though. No chance you will get him for less than 20m. Other clubs will be interested, and I can see him going for at least 20m and that's with add on's. Very young and talented player, so we won't sell cheap. 

Which world class players have sold for £30m recently? Maybe if they had half a day left on the contract you'd have a point. 

youre paying for his ceiling and then hoping youre the club that gets him there

Thats why i think he is worth more than the likes of maddison and maybe even sessegnon 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Everton paid Swansea £40m plus addons for sigurdson and I think Grealish is in that level of player - the market is crazy and clubs are paying silly money for average players these days - aim high but don’t take less than £25m

He can become a club legend of he stays and we progress with him.

I think the smart thing for him will be too wait till January at least and see where we stand. I'd we're in the promotion mix, might as well see it out. No point signing for Leicester or West Ham when we can be right there with them next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thats why i think he is worth more than the likes of maddison and maybe even sessegnon 

People are just insane.

18 year old Sessegnon championship record : 71 games,  20 goals, 9 assists

22 year old Grealish Championship record : 58 games,  8 goals, 10 assists

Which one would you buy........

If you look at Grealish over his entire career (including reserves/u21 etc) he has played 192 games, scored 20 goals with 31 assists. People keep saying his end product will come but his best ever season is still 2013/14 when he was on loan at league 1 Notts County. He might be running around a bit more but he is still incapable of creating anything on a regular basis.

If someone is stupid enough to offer £20 million rip their arm off

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Na, Siggurdson went for 50 million to Everton. Grealish has potential to be as good if not better.

23 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

People are just insane.

If you look at Grealish over his entire career (including reserves/u21 etc) he has played 192 games, scored 20 goals with 31 assists. People keep saying his end product will come but his best ever season is still 2013/14 when he was on loan at league 1 Notts County. He might be running around a bit more but he is still incapable of creating anything on a regular basis.

How is this even remotely true?

• Like 2

Got to remember he had half a good seaaon in premier league and this year's been the year where he has been really good consistently. I'm not sure how good he could be but 40m for me is a fanatstic deal for us.

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Since returning from injury he has created more chances per game than any other player in the league. The problem when you just look at a couple of stats and not watch the game, you don't see the talent in front of you. He has been excellent and clearly will be superb in a better team..

We were the 4th best team in the league, He should have been superb for us, Especially against some of the absolute shite in this division. At least 3 other midfielders in our team created & scored more than twice as many goals, As an attacking midfielder that is pretty much his job...

If he is as world class as the 50 million nutters are shouting about he should have dragged us out of the league on his own, He didn't, despite playing in a team with far better players & far more experience than just about every other team he came up against.

If he is so vital how has only managed to play the full 90 minutes for us 29 times in 2 full seasons, Incidentally we have only won 12 of those games...

Edited by LakotaDakota

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Na, Siggurdson went for 50 million to Everton. Grealish has potential to be as good if not better.

That’s because Everton were stupid enough to pay it. I can’t see any club offering as much as 40m for Grealish. I think we would do well to hold out for 30M.

Personally I’d rather we just kept him. He is the only entertaining thing about the team right now.

35 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

People are just insane.

Different types of players.

One is already OURS, as well as one of US.

I'd buy Mbappe too but that's not the point.

• Like 1

Â