Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just done episodes 2 and 3 of Chernobyl ... still riveting stuff and they are by and large sticking to the facts (Least as far as my limited knowledge of them go )

A close friend of ours , her father worked somewhere within the Hungarian government at that time , he got wind of the explosion and as they lived close to the Ukrainian border , he rung home to tell the wife and kids to stay indoors 

next thing they had all been arrested ,such  was the levels of cover up initially.

• Like 3

I can't stress how exceptional the acting is on The Virtues. Can't recall the last time I was blown away by a TV drama. Superlatives have been wasted on other things. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JB said:

Barry season 2 finale. Wow 😮

Best show on TV at the moment IMO. Bill Hader is brilliant. 

Heard a lot about this. Will be checking it out.

Guessing it's on Sky as it's HBO?

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 00:04, JB said:

Barry season 2 finale. Wow 😮

Best show on TV at the moment IMO. Bill Hader is brilliant. 

Started watching this last week and midway through season 2. Tis rather good, not as good as I was hoping it to be tho. Seems to be lacking something but i'm not sure what that thing is. 

saw the opening episode of The Virtues last night - it was indeed excellent - though All4 is the single most inept platform I have ever known, it took 90 minutes to watch the bloody episode as it kept glitching - think I must have seen the opening scene about 5 times, saw a whole ton of adverts in trying to re-set and refind where we were, I wonder if I may have missed a couple of minutes but there we go. Stephen Graham is terrific. This is the first Shane Meadows thing I've seen so I should probably check out the other stuff, but right know, I think I will try and download the episodes separately as faffing around with a shit service is a ballache.

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

saw the opening episode of The Virtues last night - it was indeed excellent - though All4 is the single most inept platform I have ever known, it took 90 minutes to watch the bloody episode as it kept glitching - think I must have seen the opening scene about 5 times, saw a whole ton of adverts in trying to re-set and refind where we were, I wonder if I may have missed a couple of minutes but there we go. Stephen Graham is terrific. This is the first Shane Meadows thing I've seen so I should probably check out the other stuff, but right know, I think I will try and download the episodes separately as faffing around with a shit service is a ballache.

I'm pretty sure All4 is that bad on purpose so you have to watch a ton of extra adverts.

It always crashes after the advert break, and When you reload you have to watch the same set of adverts all over again

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Chernobyl is haunting but excellent. 

So glad they didn't do it with Russian accents. 

Probably the best show on TV right now. It's just a shame it's a mini-series so it'll all be over before we know it. 

Chernobyl is full of sublime acting and the plot is as you said haunting. Just phenomenal TV and it blows me away just how little I knew about the Chernobyl disaster before watching it.

Also I agree on not using Russian accents. I have seen some criticism online about it, but I think it would detract from the content of the show. This is an almost all-British cast of actors, I don't want to hear them put on bad accents when it wouldn't add anything to the show. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Heard a lot about this. Will be checking it out.

Guessing it's on Sky as it's HBO?

Yeah I watched the boxset on NowTV. 

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Started watching this last week and midway through season 2. Tis rather good, not as good as I was hoping it to be tho. Seems to be lacking something but i'm not sure what that thing is. 

I can definitely see what you mean, actually. I went into it with no expectations so perhaps I was very pleasantly surprised as much as anything. There’s definitely enough there to make it top tier stuff for me, though.

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

Probably the best show on TV right now. It's just a shame it's a mini-series so it'll all be over before we know it. 

Chernobyl is full of sublime acting and the plot is as you said haunting. Just phenomenal TV and it blows me away just how little I knew about the Chernobyl disaster before watching it.

Also I agree on not using Russian accents. I have seen some criticism online about it, but I think it would detract from the content of the show. This is an almost all-British cast of actors, I don't want to hear them put on bad accents when it wouldn't add anything to the show. 

Sounds similar to enemy at the gates which worked fine imo 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Catch 22 series coming out on channel 4. Has anyone seen it online?

No, I was looking for it the other day, thought it might have been on Prime/Netflix. Looking forward to it, it’s had some pretty decent reviews. 

• Like 1

After the recommendations on this thread we started watching Barry tonight.

Two episodes in and it's excellent. Hits the perfect balance of drama and laugh out loud moments.

• Like 4

Â