Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

We just watched S02, E01 of BBC's Trust Me. I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed by a TV show.

The first series was brilliant. It was 4 episodes featuring a nurse who loses her job due to whistleblowing, and steals the identity of an doctor who's migrated, going on to impersonate her in her role as an A+E doctor. Good writing, good cast, decently written and shot. It's definitely worth a watch. Then Jodie Whittaker left to work on Dr Who. 

Series 2 has a completely different premise, tone, cast, even cinematography. It's some ridiculous, poorly written 'murder mystery nonsense following a soldier who gets admitted to a hospital where patients are dying suspiciously. It literally have nothing to do with the first series other than the title, and being set in a hospital. Utterly shite. They should have just canned it after series 1. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I hope they don't plan to drag it out much longer. They should try and wrap it all up next series. 

• Like 2

On 03/05/2019 at 17:56, dubbs said:

Actually quite liked this series of Dead Pixels.

I watched the first and last episodes (kinda by chance more than anything). Yep as a snarky e4 sitcom goes, it’s good. A bit inbetweeners-esque in places.

Alexa Davies has been good in pretty much everything I’ve seen her in, much like Charlotte Ritchie, while underused in the episodes I’ve seen, is always a very likeable presence. I reckon bigger things for both of them in years to come.

On 02/05/2019 at 22:52, villa4europe said:

Nah I thought Sherlock was stuck way too far up it's own ass, some good episodes but the last series especially was garbage

I prefer elementary's take on him

First two series, fine. Enjoyable, fun, just the right amount of self referential humour. And some actual decent detective work. A very good updated reworking of the text material.

I remember reading an interview with one of the writers for the second series where they basically said “to hell with the deferred pleasure, we want to do the most well known stories now”. I remember thinking at the time that was a bold, potentially dangerous move. Especially doing the Sherlock-Moriaty confrontation so early doesn’t really leave you anywhere to go. And as such the episodes since have massively suffered. Aimless.

Series 3 was too self knowing, too full of itself. Series 4 was just terrible, frankly. Nonsensical.

I don’t watch it religiously but Elementary is, for the most part, an enjoyable “whodunnit”, with a nice take on the Holmes-Watson dynamic progressing throughout, both Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are really good and you can tell they’re enjoying themselves. I think it’s ambitions as a show are not quite as high, but it’s the better for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Line of Duty finale was pretty meh :(

enjoyed the first four episodes but underwhelmed by the run to the finishing line. 

Very disappointing.  Poorest season yet, and a a crap end to it tonight.

• Like 2

On 04/05/2019 at 23:03, rjw63 said:

Six episodes into Bosch season 5.

Sadly not up to previous standards.

Very much this. There seemed to be too many story strands running at the same time and I was just confused on what cases each detective was investigating.

They should of just focused on Bosch and the Opioid pill scam and possibly 1 other story thread.

• Like 1

This one is getting pretty good reviews.

It's a scary fascinating subject and really good actors in it so will check it out. 

first episode of 5 airs today.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Quite disappointed with the LOD finale.

No real shocks and a rather blatant 'twist'.

Also...

Hide contents

The Dot Dot Dot Dot scene can **** right off. Load of cobblers.

Spoiler

He did well to notice the hand movements from a still on a video!

Surely Gill would have known who the top dog was as she was high up in the OCG herself. She's managed to get a new identity but without giving out any info? 

Plus there is no way Ted would still be commanding AC12 after all that happened. He'd have been advised to retire straight away. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Xela said:
  Hide contents

He did well to notice the hand movements from a still on a video!

Surely Gill would have known who the top dog was as she was high up in the OCG herself. She's managed to get a new identity but without giving out any info? 

Plus there is no way Ted would still be commanding AC12 after all that happened. He'd have been advised to retire straight away. 

But......but....but....they'll need him for series 6, which the disciplinary panel took in to consideration as much as his years of service 😉

I agree about the morse code stuff.....i mean, whenever I'm about to take my last few breaths on this planet i will definitely remember my morse code knowledge and tap out a telling message, despite being riddled with  bullets.......or however I do croak it !

• Like 1

On 04/05/2019 at 23:03, rjw63 said:

Six episodes into Bosch season 5.

Sadly not up to previous standards.

Watched the last 4 episodes last night, HUGE improvement!

They ballsed it up by going into flashback for 6 episodes, dragging things out too long. Last 4 episodes saved it though.

23 hours ago, sne said:

This one is getting pretty good reviews.

It's a scary fascinating subject and really good actors in it so will check it out. 

first episode of 5 airs today.

Quoting myself here but after having watched the first episode it's quite promising.

For me living in Sweden when it happened and having read and seen lots of articles about it it's really interesting to see it played out.

It's both fascinating, scary and well acted. 

• Like 1

Â