Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 31/05/2019 at 22:22, TheAuthority said:

I really hope Chernobyl gets picked up for season 2.

😋

I’ve heard the prequel series “Three Mile Island” is somewhat less dramatic.

Finished Good Omens.

It's a really good adaptation. They change a few things, they (sadly) cut a few scenes I've always liked (the 4 Horsemen have a very different final ride in the book) and they also add in a different ending to close out Aziraphale and Crowley's stories, but it's fundamentally a good and faithful take on the book and about as well done as it could be. I would have changed some of the style of it, I didn't like the design choices of the demons and the Horsemen in particular and I might have dialed back the tone a little, but I wouldn't have changed much else.

Recommended. It's 6 episodes, and good fun.

Also Adria Arjona is an exceptionally beautiful woman.

• Like 1

After 3 episodes of Good Omens I can see why I've never read a Pratchett book.  It's OK but I'm in no rush to see the remaining 3.

• Like 1

Chernobyl is brilliant, but I think whilst the first 3 episodes were solid 10s, the 4th was a solid 8. 

I understand why they put a lot of the emphasis on the animals, but I just felt it wasn't quite as intense as the previous 3 because of them.  

I hope to revisit the miners (who stole the show bar mr glasses guy) and I want to know what happens to "shit on it" from Friday Night Dinners.

As others have said, I've always been interested in the event.  And even looked into going there (some friends of mine got back about 2 weeks ago, jealous!) 

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Chernobyl is brilliant, but I think whilst the first 3 episodes were solid 10s, the 4th was a solid 8. 

I understand why they put a lot of the emphasis on the animals, but I just felt it wasn't quite as intense as the previous 3 because of them.  

I hope to revisit the miners (who stole the show bar mr glasses guy) and I want to know what happens to "shit on it" from Friday Night Dinners.

As others have said, I've always been interested in the event.  And even looked into going there (some friends of mine got back about 2 weeks ago, jealous!) 

It wasn't as intense, I agree, but the animals bit **** killed me

As expected S3 of The Handmaids Tale is getting somewhat poorer reviews.

They managed to keep it going without source material last season, but just like with GOT it gets harder do keep it up (giggity) over time.

The ending last season was and epic wtf moment basically so they could keep the show going.

1 minute ago, sne said:

As expected S3 of The Handmaids Tale is getting somewhat poorer reviews.

They managed to keep it going without source material last season, but just like with GOT it gets harder do keep it up (giggity) over time.

The ending last season was and epic wtf moment basically so they could keep the show going.

didn't realise it was out.

I've only just finished Season 2 and thought it was really good. I'm actually surprised to learn it had already overtaken the source material!

A shame if it doesn't keep it up. The end of season 2 did feel a LITTLE bit like "will they finally make it off the island?" but I could see the motivation behind it.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

didn't realise it was out.

I've only just finished Season 2 and thought it was really good. I'm actually surprised to learn it had already overtaken the source material!

A shame if it doesn't keep it up. The end of season 2 did feel a LITTLE bit like "will they finally make it off the island?" but I could see the motivation behind it.

It's not out yet, but journos have the first 3 eps and from what I've read they are not overly impressed.

And that's coming from journos who loved the first 2 seasons.

• Like 1

only two episodes into Chernobyl. It's so good. 

Spoiler

The way the episode ends with those three poor bastards sent in to open the tanks, and their lights just flicker and go out to darkness and the sound of intense radiation, terrifying stuff. 

Once I finish I'll be checking out the podcast made by the creators as soon as possible too, I imagine it must be really fascinating

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Hide contents

The way the episode ends with those three poor bastards sent in to open the tanks, and their lights just flicker and go out to darkness and the sound of intense radiation, terrifying stuff. 

Once I finish I'll be checking out the podcast made by the creators as soon as possible too, I imagine it must be really fascinating

Yes to that spoiler. Was clenched.

NOS4A2 Poster

The pilot for NOS4A2 was a chore to get through.

Since I've not read the source material I've no idea what's going on and while I get building it up slow I really hope it picks up in the coming eps because this was a hot mess.

And Zachary Quinto looks like a crappy Count Olaf trying to ruin the day for the Baudelaire kids.

Edit: Gave it 3 and a bit episodes and I'm out.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

rewatch the opening speech in the first episode. Tells you exactly what happens to shit on it before the program even starts...

How anyone in the immediate vicinity at the time even survived for more than a few days let alone years as plenty of them did is a bit of a miracle really

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Even though he's really good in it, it's taking a monumental effort to not just see Shit on It as Shit on It. 

In my head it's like some weird shared universe and this was the job he did before he settled in the UK and met a nice Jewish girl to marry and have kids with.

• Like 1

Finished Chernobyl. 

Just brilliant! Something as rare as a near perfect 10/10 

Will re-watch it pretty soon I imagine.

Edit: The facts presented at the end helps it to really sink in how horrific this actually was and I like the changes they made to adapt it to TV.

Edited by sne

21 hours ago, Rodders said:

Hide contents

started listening to the podcast after it was mentioned in this thread and it is really excellent. I was already three episodes deep by the time i started listening and wish i had listened to the podcast after each episode (there is a podcast for each episode). Highly recommended - the writer is really honest and explains how accurate each bit is and why they chose to go in certain directions on the show. also extra wee tidbits that they couldnt ft onto the show

• Like 2

Â