Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Legion is back! 

Final series - June 24th. 

Is the second season worth the watch?

I liked season 1 but thought s2 became strange for the sake of being strange so got bored after ep3.

It's among the series I might take up again, but only if it goes somewhere and is worth it.

On 06/05/2019 at 16:12, Designer1 said:

Quite disappointed with the LOD finale.

No real shocks and a rather blatant 'twist'.

Also...

Hide contents

The Dot Dot Dot Dot scene can **** right off. Load of cobblers.

For a moment I thought it was reasonably clever it had been hiding in a scene we've seen several times.. Then when he explained it, I wanted to do this

149-1498306_epic-facepalm-by-mickyfoley-

Absolutely ludicrous. I expected the others to call him an idiot. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Is the second season worth the watch?

I liked season 1 but thought s2 became strange for the sake of being strange so got bored after ep3.

It's among the series I might take up again, but only if it goes somewhere and is worth it.

Personally, I’d say yes, but I think the show is mind-bendingly brilliant and easily the best ‘Marvel’ TV show by a mile. Nothing else like it on TV.  

It is weird and there is a touch of the ‘strange for the sake of it’ as you rightly say, but the story holds in there and it sets up a good final season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Despite all my reservations, that looks pretty intriguing. What do you think @Chindie

I'm genuinely conflicted.

Watchmen doesn't need a sequel. The original story is excellent, remains relevant, genuinely has multiple layers of depth to it... And it's written by one of the best writers in the industry at basically his peak.

This, er, well it's not written by a towering figure of the industry let's say. I feel like it's going to miss some of the depth of the original - for instance the characters in Watchmen are all critiques or what ifs of existing characters or character types. I don't have much faith that Lindelof is going to bring that to the characters he's putting in this.

But I do think there's potentially interesting things to do in a modern, 2019 reality in the same style that Watchmen did with a mid 80s reality. So there might be good ideas in this. And it looks like it's got some good cinematography. Not so sure about the art design.

When I first saw that trailer the thumbnail for it was just a shot of the guy in the Rorschach mask with the eyeholes, and my first reaction was 'oh **** no...'.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2019 at 11:57, sne said:

Quoting myself here but after having watched the first episode it's quite promising.

For me living in Sweden when it happened and having read and seen lots of articles about it it's really interesting to see it played out.

It's both fascinating, scary and well acted. 

Thought it was a great first episode. Felt itchy watching it and I now want to build a doomsday bunker.

Can't believe that Dyatlov bloke survived it. I assumed anyone anywhere near it was doomed.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, coda said:

Thought it was a great first episode. Felt itchy watching it and I now want to build a doomsday bunker.

Can't believe that Dyatlov bloke survived it. I assumed anyone anywhere near it was doomed.

It was really good, I had a sense of dread throughout pretty much the whole 1hr. 

It had a bit of a really good horror movie vibe about it, some scenes just had that kind of creepy feel to them. 

• Like 1

finally Binge watched True Detective series 3 

Was really enjoying it , different sort of pace and tone to the previous 2 series  ,but was building up quite nicely for a decent reveal

and then that last episode it looked like the chief writer died and they found some random bloke on the street to finish it off

• Like 2

On 02/05/2019 at 07:32, Designer1 said:

New Shane Meadow's four part drama The Virtues starts on Wednesday May 15th at 9pm.

Looks great, and I expect another acting masterclass from Stephen Graham.

Quick reminder that this starts tonight folks.

• Like 3

So it appears that FOX has cancelled The Passage. No season 2 coming.

Expected since they ballsed up the adaptation and made a very poor effort, but still a bit sad.

Such a huge opportunity wasted, the books are excellent.

And in other news there is a Snowpiercer TV-show coming, 2 seasons already ordered. Actually quite liked that movie. (not read the comic)

Edit: And the Chernobyl mini series is excellent so far.

Edited by sne

On 09/05/2019 at 10:34, AVFCDAN said:

Maybe I didn't give it my full attention but I didn't think much of the first episode of Chernobyl.

Using the H29 non scientific formula   ... I watched it with Tonyh Jnr (aged 14)  , who usually gives TV shows 5 - 10 minutes then wanders off bored and goes back online to talk to his mates

Chernobyl survived the whole episode and repeated asking of when is the next episode on .. i suspect its cause he has an interest in that area , Jnr wants to go there but you have to be 18  and I'd  also have to convince MrsH to let me take him  even if we could lie about his age

I've actually been there and have a reasonable amount on the background around the explosion and aftermath  , so I'm somewhat curious to see how accurate it is ... spoiler alert in case its covered in the TV show  , but

they were originally  trying to put the fire from above with water and dumping rubble  , which  nearly caused a second explosion which would have resulted in the entire continent of Europe having to be evacuated , the Russians drafted in miners to dig in underneath the reactor so they could pump liquid nitrogen  into it to cool it  , but they couldn't work in the protective clothing and designated shift times (limited due to exposure risk)  , so in the end worked almost naked and sacrificed their lives to save Europe  .. they should be household names , heroes and have statues in major cities around Europe  ..instead they are largely unknown and have a small cross in the village on the out skirts of the plant 

probably won't be in the show but I read an article the other day that suggested at one point they had a radioactive cloud heading towards Moscow , so the Russians flew planes and dropped silver iodide into the cloud and forced it to drop the radioactive rain on Belarus  .. I've read about these rain making experiments before but wasn't entirely sure if it was fact or fantasy , the article suggested it indeed worked  !!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

So it appears that FOX has cancelled The Passage. No season 2 coming.

Expected since they ballsed up the adaptation and made a very poor effort, but still a bit sad.

Such a huge opportunity wasted, the books are excellent.

And in other news there is a Snowpiercer TV-show coming, 2 seasons already ordered. Actually quite liked that movie. (not read the comic)

Edit: And the Chernobyl mini series is excellent so far.

I half expected this as soon as it was announced that Fox were doing the show. 

It was never going to get the budget or time it needed. I’m absolutely gutted because someone like HBO/Netflix could have made something magnificent with that source material. It’s an absolutely brilliant story and perfect for TV. It could have been huge. 

As it goes, despite a roughish start I actually quite enjoyed the series and thought it got better as it went along. The two leads (Amy and Wolgast) were really good and I thought the ending was decent, it’s a shame we won’t get to see it play out. 

• Like 1

Â