Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Years and Years started good then went doubly shit very quick. 

The Virtues took my breath away. Not much dialogue but Stephen Graham saying yeah I can out act anyone ever. Pissed off it's only 4 parts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Chernobyl is absolutely fantastic. The pacing, and the cinematography are magnificent and there’s some great acting.

I was fortunate enough to go to Russia in the 90’s and although this happened a few years before, the set and costume design brings back the smells of my time there. Utterly brilliant TV.

I'm enjoying it too. I found it quite distracting that everyone was speaking in English, but once you get over that it's really good. 

I'm happy because some of the creative talents behind the show are people I enjoy. The music, for instance, is scored by Hildur Gudnadottir, who is an extremely talented cellist (check out her album 'Without Sinking' for a fantastic display of the mournful qualities cello can take - it was the best album I heard in 2011) and is obviously now becoming 'the Icelandic person who scores things' after Johann Johannsson sadly passed. The show is also written by Craig Mazin, who is a hero of mine for the tweets he wrote about the time he spent as Ted Cruz's college roommate:

Screen+Shot+2015-12-04+at+9.46.52+PM.png

3325EBBF00000578-3538478-image-m-43_1460

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm enjoying it too. I found it quite distracting that everyone was speaking in English, but once you get over that it's really good. 

Yeah me too. Then I thought it would be worse if everyone was doing fake Russian accents!

I will check out the cellist for sure. :thumb:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Cracking first episode of The Virtues. 

Stephen Graham is an absolute phenom.

Yeah just watched it myself.

It's just an hour of Stephen Graham acting.

Aka probably the best thing on television

• Like 2

23 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just started watching Lilyhammer on Netflix 

terrible acting but the concept is very amusing! Will stick with it. 

Intentionally so. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm happy because some of the creative talents behind the show are people I enjoy. The music, for instance, is scored by Hildur Gudnadottir, who is an extremely talented cellist (check out her album 'Without Sinking' for a fantastic display of the mournful qualities cello can take - it was the best album I heard in 2011) and is obviously now becoming 'the Icelandic person who scores things' after Johann Johannsson sadly passed. The show is also written by Craig Mazin, who is a hero of mine for the tweets he wrote about the time he spent as Ted Cruz's college roommate:

And directed by this guy

Bildresultat för stakka bo

@HanoiVillan and other fans of Chernobyl. 

I just found that there is a companion podcast to the show. It's with the writer Craig Mazin and Peter Sagal. (Sagal is a writer, radio presenter/comedian - sorta like a US Stephen Fry but not at all up his own arse - just a funny interesting intellectual.)

It's very interesting indeed and they spell out exactly what was fact what was fiction and how they made their judgements - they even talk about why the accents are not Russian.

It's also been released on Youtube. You should listen episode 1 after watching ep 1 of the TV show and so on.

• Thanks 3

On 16/05/2019 at 18:23, theboyangel said:

Just started watching Lilyhammer on Netflix 

terrible acting but the concept is very amusing! Will stick with it. 

I loved it . So bleak and weird yet funny and compelling.

• Like 1

Â