Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Only a couple of decades too late but I am finally starting The Sopranos. I will have to give Chernobyl a crack too going by the amount of love it is getting on here.

• Like 1

watched episode 3 last night, looks a nice way to go...

it seems to have a mix of everything in there, great music that's for sure, some brilliant imagery, some history, some drama, some suspense, some horror and the introduction in episode 3 even a bit of unintentional humour all with a great script and great acting with great characters, yet to see anything that they haven't done well yet, personally I love the soviet stuff and wouldn't mind more just normal soviet life but there's no filler in this

I'll be honest and say in the first 10 minutes because of the abruptness of it I wasn't sure I would like it as much as I am

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The bit at the end with the text and pictures showing you the real people and what happened to them was amazing. 

that's good to know because at times I've sat watching it thinking I hope they show what happened to him :lol:

• Like 1

yep, also finished it last night. We did the last two episodes together, had to binge some Brooklyn 99 before bed to cheer myself up. It's just insane, INSANE, how close we were to disaster and the hubris of the Soviets in trying to cover it up ffs. I thought the last episode was so well done mixing the trial with flashback. 

It's astonishing to think 2 of the 3 sent in to open the sluice gates are still alive. I mean kudos to them, though I suppose they must have had some health difficulties since then

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yep, also finished it last night. We did the last two episodes together, had to binge some Brooklyn 99 before bed to cheer myself up. It's just insane, INSANE, how close we were to disaster and the hubris of the Soviets in trying to cover it up ffs. I thought the last episode was so well done mixing the trial with flashback. 

It's astonishing to think 2 of the 3 sent in to open the sluice gates are still alive. I mean kudos to them, though I suppose they must have had some health difficulties since then

I was really surprised at how many people survived, or survived for a lot longer than I thought I would. During the first episode I basically assumed everyone we were watching were dead.

it's also weird how (I'll spoiler this)

Spoiler

People who were on the railway bridge quite a way away died, but people who were in the actual building like Shit on It and the other two who were in charge survived (or lived for a longer time anyway)
Shows how proximity isn't the only factor

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished Chernobly as well last night.

The last episode was a bit of a change of tone, more very very interesting than tense and grim like the previous episodes. Still excellent but in a totally different way.

The bit at the end with the text and pictures showing you the real people and what happened to them was amazing. 

It’s been utterly amazing from start to finish. 

The flashback scenes in the last episode gave me the same feelings as the first episode - a feeling of uncomfortable dread in the bottom of my stomach.

Brilliant acting from all, brilliant direction - it deserves to win all the awards. 

And for the love of McGrath, why didn’t one of ‘em just chin Dyatlov!?!?  

16 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s been utterly amazing from start to finish. 

The flashback scenes in the last episode gave me the same feelings as the first episode - a feeling of uncomfortable dread in the bottom of my stomach.

Brilliant acting from all, brilliant direction - it deserves to win all the awards. 

And for the love of McGrath, why didn’t one of ‘em just chin Dyatlov!?!?  

It's been an absolutely stunning series and proof once again that we really are living in the golden age of TV.

I think it will go down as one of the greatest mini series ever.

Now this has finished and it's the last episode of The Virtues tonight, there's going to be a bit of a quality vacuum in my viewing 😕

up next for me is when they see us (Netflix - central park 5 mini series) probably the chef show (Netflix) Jessica Jones (Netflix) maybe too old to die young (amazon) city on a hill (not sure yet) dark (Netflix) 

so still a decent June

stranger things start of july too

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

up next for me is when they see us (Netflix - central park 5 mini series) probably the chef show (Netflix) Jessica Jones (Netflix) maybe too old to die young (amazon) city on a hill (not sure yet) dark (Netflix) 

so still a decent June

stranger things start of july too

On my list as well, also the first 3 eps of The Handmaids Tale s3 is out.

Apparently Years and Years is supposed to be good but watched it yet.

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

up next for me is when they see us (Netflix - central park 5 mini series)

I watched the trailer for that the other night and it looks really good (I can imagine me getting quite angry when watching it though)

After watching the trailer I did a little bit of reading about the actual case and I now have even more reason to utterly loathe Trump.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's been an absolutely stunning series and proof once again that we really are living in the golden age of TV.

I think it will go down as one of the greatest mini series ever.

Now this has finished and it's the last episode of The Virtues tonight, there's going to be a bit of a quality vacuum in my viewing 😕

It’s gone straight to number one for me, ahead of True Detective (s1) and The Night Of. 

I posted a few days ago regarding ‘The Virtues’ - it just isn’t doing it for me and I don’t really know why! Stephen Graham (and the rest of the cast to tbf) is amazing, but the story just isn’t holding my attention. Found myself checking the iPad during last weeks episode. 

Black Mirror is out today, expecting good things from that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Very good series...

Tried to spread the word when it came out but not many takers.

They’re all too busy watching The Wire on repeat! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Very good series...

Tried to spread the word when it came out but not many takers.

Plenty of takers on VT. I remember many of us loving it. 

• Like 1

Hoping to start (and finish) Chernobyl this weekend. 

No spoilers anyone, I don't want to know if they successfully averted a disaster

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â