Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just finished season 3 of Line of Duty. People weren't wrong about it getting increasingly ludicrous. Still enjoyable, but it's become incredibly silly.

We've been creating Line Of Duty bingo while watching

I must be one episode behind.  My biggest problem is Craig Parkinson (I think that's his name) as the villain I struggle to take seriously.  I have a similar issue with any actor that was in Four Lions, anything they say just reminds me of that film and I start laughing.

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I must be one episode behind.  My biggest problem is Craig Parkinson (I think that's his name) as the villain I struggle to take seriously.  I have a similar issue with any actor that was in Four Lions, anything they say just reminds me of that film and I start laughing.

You can tell he's the bad guy, because he looks dead shifty every time another main character turns their back. :rolleyes:

The next episode... Well... I welcome your thoughts! 

Edited by Davkaus

Oh FFS Netflix has cancelled Santa Clarita Diet. ****. Other than Stranger Things I’m not really interested in anything else. The Marvel stuff has finished. The other shows I’ve watched have been removed and they never get all the seasons to the ones I do watch like Attack on Titan and One punch Man. Still haven’t got season 3 of Colony and that’s since been cancelled as well. Just waiting for Van Helsing to get the chop now and then that’s pretty much everything I enjoy gone from Netflix.

Think me and Netflix are done now. 

On 24/04/2019 at 19:55, Davkaus said:

You can tell he's the bad guy, because he looks dead shifty every time another main character turns their back. :rolleyes:

The next episode... Well... I welcome your thoughts! 

The end of the first episode of the next series was another wtf moment.  

Spoiler

So a forensic officer went to the trouble to get ready to dismember a dead police officer in his kitchen, without checking she was actually dead?  **** me.

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The end of the first episode of the next series was another wtf moment.  

Hide contents

So a forensic officer went to the trouble to get ready to dismember a dead police officer in his kitchen, without checking she was actually dead?  **** me.

For me, towards the end of series 3 is when it tipped the scale from good, reasonably grounded show with some silly moments to outright farce. Series 4 is no improvement. 

It's fallen victim to trying to have more twists every season to try and top the last one, but it's just become ridiculous.

Spoiler

The final episode of s3 properly winds me up though. Forget the whole action movie escape from the interview room, and people comfortably outrunning cars and lorries, as soon as she nailed that ridiculous ~300m shot on the driver of a moving vehicle that caused a 3 car pile up with innocent bystanders, I said "I bet she gets a medal, instead of an IPCC investigation leading to the sack". 🙄

But it's the most highly rated episodes of the show, so this shit seems to be what people want.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Pretty pissed off about the cancellation of Santa Clarita Diet. The last season in particular has been very good, Joel has been magnificent. 

Have to agree. 

The two teens are very good too. 

Crap decision to cancel it :( 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, got to the end of S2 of The OA. No spoilers, but how meta/fourth wall was that ending? 

This is next on my list. Got a few things we’ve been watching for a while and I get a bit TV OCD if we have too much on the go at once. 

I saw your post above about it owing a lot to ‘Maniac’ and I really enjoyed that, so hoping for good things from this too. 

40 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

This is next on my list. Got a few things we’ve been watching for a while and I get a bit TV OCD if we have too much on the go at once. 

I saw your post above about it owing a lot to ‘Maniac’ and I really enjoyed that, so hoping for good things from this too. 

Having seen it all, I'll modify that. It doesn't really owe 'a lot' to Maniac, but there are some shared themes. I found both series very enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Season 2 of The Chi is really, really good.

Well worth a watch if you have not seen it.

The Chi Poster

On another note, has anyone watched the What we do in the Shadows TV-show? Quite liked that movie.

5 Episodes out so far but haven't watched it yet.

What We Do in the Shadows Poster

23 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I miss series like the fall, the killing, Broadchurch etc. 

You might like The Bay, should be available on ITV Hub, pretty Broadchurch esque drama.

21 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Have to agree. 

The two teens are very good too. 

Crap decision to cancel it :( 

Agreed. The daughter has a lovely bum too. Shame she's a "they" :(

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This week's LOD...Adrian Dunbar, take a bow son, what a performance.

"For the love of God..."

Spoiler

I think its too obvious now for him to be H - there has to be a twist in the finale. I don't trust Arnott's on/off missus either. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This week's LOD...Adrian Dunbar, take a bow son, what a performance.

I actually didn't really like this week's episode, despite Dunbar being good.

Spoiler

There's absolutely no way the OCG would have suddenly believed that was H. That whole bit was really silly.

They also tried way way too hard to make that new interviewer at the end come across as an absolute word removed. It was ridiculous

8 hours ago, Xela said:

"For the love of God..."

Reveal hidden contents

I think its too obvious now for him to be H - there has to be a twist in the finale. I don't trust Arnott's on/off missus either. 

Spoiler

No way is he H. Absolutely no chance. Way way too obvious.

My main suspects are:

Steve's on off gf
The lawyer who Hastings had a fling with
The young asian woman who works for Steve and Kate

I also think it'll turn out that Lisa McQueen is undercover

Â