Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he is possibly the best effortlessly played bastard since joffrey

Do you mean Dyatlov? The guy played by shit on it?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he is possibly the best effortlessly played bastard since joffrey

from the podcast it sounds like there were other scenes he was in that connect a personal element to Diatlov's story. I hope they do show a deleted scenes / extended version

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

from the podcast it sounds like there were other scenes he was in that connect a personal element to Diatlov's story. I hope they do show a deleted scenes / extended version

Yeah same. Sounds like there were plenty of extra scenes filmed that they had to take out. Can understand why they took the Diatlov back story out though.

They were talking on the podcast about a horrendous scene from the episode with the animals! Harrowing

Incidentally, the final episode has become the first ever episode to be rated 10/10 on IMDB

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah same. Sounds like there were plenty of extra scenes filmed that they had to take out. Can understand why they took the Diatlov back story out though.

They were talking on the podcast about a horrendous scene from the episode with the animals! Harrowing

Incidentally, the final episode has become the first ever episode to be rated 10/10 on IMDB

I’d have given the 1st episode 10/10. 

I need to watch it again, I think the 1st episode was maybe an 8, wasn't convinced I liked the way it throws itself in to it, problem being the way they did the final episode doesn't work if they change the way they did the 1st and the final episode is excellent

I was absolutely sold on the first episode. I thought it was excellent. 

I loved the way that the first episode went straight into it and the build up was in the last episode.

I'm watching the last episode of Chernobyl tonight.

I wonder if everyone dies and the whole world goes into a nuclear post apocalyptic winter.

No spoilers please. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I was absolutely sold on the first episode. I thought it was excellent. 

I loved the way that the first episode went straight into it and the build up was in the last episode.

Spoiler

i enjoyed it and like most HBO things was instantly drawn to its quality, I think they almost purposefully (and cleverly) create a confusion in the start during / immediately following the accident, you get a bit of science thrown in and press this, do this, shut down that which made no sense to me, you get a fair few Russian names thrown at you, you get 6 or 7 faces in the control room with no real idea of who they are or what they do, you do get an idea of the blind ignorance but that's just a taster of what is to come

for me its gets better when the party committee politics ramps up in episodes 2 and 3, stellen skarsgard's role in it and then of course most stuff like this gets better when the KGB element is added in

it wasn't the dread and fear of it all that i liked (such as seeing them all on the bridge and knowing they were doomed, or the fire fighters "can you taste metal?" it was the soviet politics which came later on rather than episode 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:
  Hide contents

i enjoyed it and like most HBO things was instantly drawn to its quality, I think they almost purposefully (and cleverly) create a confusion in the start during / immediately following the accident, you get a bit of science thrown in and press this, do this, shut down that which made no sense to me, you get a fair few Russian names thrown at you, you get 6 or 7 faces in the control room with no real idea of who they are or what they do, you do get an idea of the blind ignorance but that's just a taster of what is to come

for me its gets better when the party committee politics ramps up in episodes 2 and 3, stellen skarsgard's role in it and then of course most stuff like this gets better when the KGB element is added in

it wasn't the dread and fear of it all that i liked (such as seeing them all on the bridge and knowing they were doomed, or the fire fighters "can you taste metal?" it was the soviet politics which came later on rather than episode 1

Yeah, I thought the first episode was good but not spectacular, but it just gets better later.

Episode 3 with the hospital was fantastic. 

It is a very good series, and in a way it's good they limited it to 5 episodes. If they carried it on for longer it's likely they would have overdone it.

oh yeah stellan skarsgard is just fantastic. I mean they all are really, jared harris is great, emily watson is great. 

Spoiler

stellen skarsgard going bonkers destroying the phone, was darkly comic for a few seconds very briefly suspending the nightmare concerns going on. 

I would have loved more episodes, following some of the other characters, or providing more of a focus in the period between the event and the trial;  I have also gone straight to the library to get out a couple of books anyway, but the 5 they do are flawless. There are so many 'jesus christ' moments about it all. 

• Like 1

in the spoiler - yeah that's a great scene, that's the kind of stuff I liked, the soviet politics 

if they added anything more then for me it would be more soviet life, more average joes, definitely more with the miners, more of the idea that you're not a shoe maker any more mate you're off to Chernobyl and you'll be given a new job for the motherland

I keep having to remind myself that some of you guys weren't born when Chernobyl blew. I remember it well, scary times. 

Brilliant TV dramatisation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

in the spoiler - yeah that's a great scene, that's the kind of stuff I liked, the soviet politics 

if they added anything more then for me it would be more soviet life, more average joes, definitely more with the miners, more of the idea that you're not a shoe maker any more mate you're off to Chernobyl and you'll be given a new job for the motherland

Yeah even though I kind of agree with @lapal_fan that episode 4 was the weakest (but still brilliant), it probably has 3 of the best scenes of the whole show in it.

The aforementioned phone scene, the real time 90 second roof scene and the puppies. 

Id say the roof scene is the highlight of the entire show.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I keep having to remind myself that some of you guys weren't born when Chernobyl blew. I remember it well, scary times. 

Brilliant TV dramatisation. 

I made a Piper Alpha reference to a young Landlord a while ago  .He  was asking me why I wouldn't plan for a gas hob under an elderly tenant's window to which I replied "Because her house will go up like Piper Alpha if the wind blew her nets over an open flame"    He said "Who's Paper Alfie ? Of course he'll burn if he's made of paper but she said she's getting blinds"

I told him he'd go to prison and he seemed genuinely surprised. 

Now I'm doing social housing across the country and it terrifies me how many times I'm walking into tower blocks full of gas hobs inches away from combustibles . 

• Like 3

Â