Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Literally the only downside I can see for that is the question of whether the character can sustain a 13 part series. He's a great character, and Bernthal smashes the role, but the Punisher is a fairly one note character overall and tends to benefit from bouncing off others his approach is opposed to.

But I'll happily watch Bernthal in that role again. Excellent.

Agreed, and said as much a few weeks back.

• Like 1

It's a problem the character has always had, it's very easy for his storylines to devolve into 'the Punisher brutally murders nondescript gangster of the week' which burns out very quickly.

He also doesn't 'work' very well universe wise. A character that straight up murders villains running around a universe where characters fight their nemesis for decades doesn't quite gel.. ;)

But Netflix have done pretty well so far and the character was done well in Daredevil so I've every hope for it.

May is shaping up nicely for the return of some favourites and some new stuff. 

Veep is back May 2nd

Penny Dreadful - May 3rd

Peaky Blinders - May 5th

Billions - May 12th 

Silicon Valley - May 12th

Banshee - May 20th

Preacher - May 23rd

Wayward Pines - May 25th 

Some quality TV right there. 

On 4/29/2016 at 08:11, PieFacE said:

You should try The Leftovers if you haven't seen it already.  Season 1 is definitely a slow burner,  season 2 is the complete opposite.  But they're both awesome.  I think season 2 is my favourite season of any TV programme ever.  

Really?  I thought both seasons were decent, but nowhere near my top 20 seasons of all-time.

Why did S2 of Leftovers stand out to you so much?

Compared to say Breaking Bad S5, The Wire S4, Battlestar Galactica S2, Lost S1, Homeland S1, Dexter S4, Heroes S1, S3 of 24...

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Really?  I thought both seasons were decent, but nowhere near my top 20 seasons of all-time.

Compared to say Breaking Bad S5, The Wire S4, Battlestar Galactica S2, Lost S1, Homeland S1, Dexter S4, Heroes S1, S3 of 24...

OK, that's 8. Let's hear the other 12 smarty pants ;)

On 30/04/2016 at 10:41, wazzap24 said:

May is shaping up nicely for the return of some favourites and some new stuff. 

Veep is back May 2nd

Penny Dreadful - May 3rd

Peaky Blinders - May 5th

Billions - May 12th 

Silicon Valley - May 12th

Banshee - May 20th

Preacher - May 23rd

Wayward Pines - May 25th 

Some quality TV right there. 

Banshee May 20th? It started in April and is on episode 6

I have to be honest and say Silicon Valley is annoying me at the moment.

Season one was brilliant, very funny and also smart and I liked that they were succeeding and overcoming the set backs.

Season 2 was a bit iffy because they obviously realised how popular the show was and needed to get at least 4- 5 seasons out of it so not a lot happened but it was still funny in places with a lot of set backs.

Spoiler

Season 3 is just setback after setback, I personally want to see them do well and turn into a massive company, I don't quite get the constant negative spin unless its just artificially extending the show, we're in season 3 now and they are still yet to achieve anything or even have any remote success since the last episode of Season 1, its supposed to be a comedy rather than a drama.

On 5/1/2016 at 22:48, ender4 said:

I just found it absolutely gripping. The way it was filmed was incredible, it was completely bonkers, the shift in pace from the first, I just thought it was incredible. 

Homeland, Dexter, Heroes or 24 wouldn't get anywhere near my top list of seasons to be honest. 

Due to being away with work - I had to wait until last night to watch the final two episodes of Line of Duty.

It was worth the wait for sure and a superb way of finishing off the series.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I just found it absolutely gripping. The way it was filmed was incredible, it was completely bonkers, the shift in pace from the first, I just thought it was incredible. 

Homeland, Dexter, Heroes or 24 wouldn't get anywhere near my top list of seasons to be honest. 

Spot on that top line. 

The first series was odd. Well made and an interesting premise, but very slow and often dull. Me and the other half nearly didn't bother with series two. 

Then it just completely flips. From the theme tune, to the pace/storyline - everything just changes and it turns into a brilliant programme. Apart from the actors, it was like a totally different show! 

On 02/05/2016 at 11:13, wazzap24 said:

On sky in the UK? 

No not on Sky, I watch everything online. I can't remember the last time I sat infront of terrestrial tv

31 minutes ago, KHV said:

No not on Sky, I watch everything online. I can't remember the last time I sat infront of terrestrial tv

Phew, thought I'd somehow missed it. You had me panicking! 

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Wow that show is great. It's a short 8 episode series staring James Franco. Highly recommend it. All around quality.

Just watched the first episode of this. 

Seems good, interesting premise (but then I love anything with a different take on time travel.)

Will see how it develops.

Â