Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I didn't finish the book

That's a shame, oddly for post-accident King it's a very strong ending. Granted it was changed following advice from his author son Joe Hill, but...

Not seen any of the TV show yet. 

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just watched the first episode of this. 

Seems good, interesting premise (but then I love anything with a different take on time travel.)

Will see how it develops.

I was hooked after episode two. I ended up finishing the series in 2 days. There was only 1 episode which I thought was a little slow, but it was still good.

I never read the book, but I did hear they had to simplify a lot of it to make it fit into the series. Apparently the series was originally meant to be 4 episodes long, but they had to make it 8 or the plot would have really suffered. I think it was a good length. Too much character development could have made the show duller. 

Just binged watched the whole first series of Camping. Typical Julia Davis sitcom. Rude, crude, a little bit disturbing, and very funny. She's still looking foxy for her age too. 

• Like 1

It's not, but this weeks episode wasn't bad, and there are some really likable characters. There are those that are pointless like TWD, but there's nothing comparable to characters like Nick and Strand in TWD, which is certainly to FTWD's credit. It's just now getting to the interesting part, full blown post apocalypse meltdown, zombies aren't the problems the other humans are, so I'm going to stick with it.

Strand is the only decent character on it. I have only seen this first episode in season 2, it was abit lame. I saw the plane episode as well which was stupid. Would like to see Strand make it on TWD that would be awesome. 

The man who discovered Egypt on BBC4 the other day was very interesting  ...for shame I'd never heard of Flinders Petrie before :blush:

I've always been fascinated by that period  , every time I see a show I want to get on a plane and go back out there  .... Whenever  they show the pyramid at Giza I always tell Mrs H  ..I climbed up to the top of that  ( it was 1984 and nobody gave a monkeys then , in fact we were just about the only tourists there that day ) ... she gets annoyed for some reason , its as if saying something 50000 times is annoying or something

• Like 1

Yeah I stumbled across that programme too.

Very interesting character and by the sounds of it very much 'of his time' with a lot of his views.

Funding his scatter gun excavations by flogging off the finds, was the m.o. as far as I could tell. Must have been a hell of an exciting time.

We find a piece of broken crockery on a building site now and we all have to stop work, put neon bibs on and get a gazebo over the find until Neil Oliver and his hair can get there.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Very interesting character and by the sounds of it very much 'of his time' with a lot of his views.

I thought sterilising poor people was in the 2015 Tory party manifesto , a visionary as well as a man of his time :) 

Banshee season 3 shaping up to be the best one so far.  I'm only 3 episodes in and episodes 1 & 3 have been absolutely brilliant :D:D 

• Like 2

On 5 May 2016 at 17:24, theboyangel said:

Gamorrah Season 2 back on Sky Atlantic next Wednesday!!!!

Mama Mia!

I absolutely cannot wait for this, the first series was the best thing I'v watched in years.  Going to watch the last couple of episodes again to recap.

• Like 4

Â