Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just starting Billions ...

finished Deutchland 83 yesterday , great show they got that 80's feel bang on even if they did over exaggerate the AIDS thing... Some nice Tory in it as well , Looking forward to series 2 which is going to be set in 1986 

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

FInishing Vinyl tonight - pretty pleased with it so far.

Great soundtrack, some real self-absorbed arsehole characters that are bizarrely likeable and the odd flash of flesh too ;)

The finale to Vinyl was brilliant - looking forward to the second season.

If you haven't watched it and have a love for all 70s music get on and watch it!

• Like 2

Finished the people Vs OJ last night. 

Brilliant series. 

Consdiering we already knew the outcome, the verdict episode was a stunning bit of TV. 

• Like 2

Finally got up to date and finished season 2 of Better Call Saul.

It gets better and better. I had some doubts at the end of season 1, but this season has addressed those and more.

It's excellent.

• Like 3

Banshee was the rarity a show finishing with a good last episode which tied up all plots and not many questions to be answered, I wouldnt mind a Brock/Bunker spin-off show :P

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Preacher got off to a good start... comes to something when the main issue I have is Arseface not looking Arseface-y enough.

Looking forward to watching it later. The general feeling is (as you've said) it's got off to a good start and doesn't disgrace the original material.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Preacher got off to a good start... comes to something when the main issue I have is @lapal_fan not looking @lapal_fan-y enough.

FTFY

He looks more like arsemouth than arseface. Cassidy is perfect, not sure on Tulip yet.

Spoiler

Tempted to post about Tom Cruise in the VT deadpool thread.

Watched Preacher, Gilgan has Cassidy pretty much nailed. Tulip is good, Jesse feels a bit meh at the moment. Looks like no Duke. And it doesn't look like Saint of Killers or Herr Starr wil be in it anytime soon. Which is a shame because they are fantastic characters.

First episode of Preacher was good, fair few differences from the comics but I guess that's to be expected.

I think they got the tone fairly well, maybe could do with being even darker but I bet AMC told them to lighten it a little from the frankly disturbing (yet hilarious) source material.

Joseph Gilgun was brilliant, Cass is a character made for the screen. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Not really feeling Tulip at the moment and I was surprised at how casual her and Jesse were around each other. Pretty sure they're explosive when they're first seen together in the comics but maybe their dynamic and their story has been changed for the show.

Either way, really good start. Promising.

• Like 1

Â