Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just started S1 of Peaky Blinders. I'd seen bits and pieces of it before but going to binge watch the first 2 series and then catch up on series 3

• Like 1

On 8 May 2016 at 16:33, Xela said:

Just started S1 of Peaky Blinders. I'd seen bits and pieces of it before but going to binge watch the first 2 series and then catch up on series 3

Just can't get into Peaky Blinders at all I'm afraid.  Haven't seen Madmen, but that's next on my list of things to binge watch.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Just can't get into Peaky Blinders at all I'm afraid.  Haven't seen Madmen, but that's next on my list of things to binge watch.

I've just finished season two today. I think the show gets better as it goes along.

I am also kinda in love with Annabelle Wallis because of the show.

Finally finished off the second series of Better Call Saul.

Wow.

Really assured second series, that really came into its own in the second half. Episode 9 was truly fantastic. I can't recall any show that tears me as much. I dearly want Saul to succeed, but the show is a constant procession of him being unable to play straight, and there a palpable tension watching, desperately wanting him to either not do it or avoid any consequences every time...

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

11.22.63, really enjoyed it. Franco is really good in it. The story is interesting. 

Sadie's southern accent was really alluring.

Only thing I didn't like was when running up the stairs to stop LHO, why did they have to hold hands? You run quicker without doing so.

On 11/05/2016 at 23:12, Designer1 said:

Gomorrah is back.

This makes me very happy indeed. Quite simply one of the best series from the last decade.

Its very good, that first episode second series was edge of seat drama from scene to scene, took about 5 seconds to forget it was subtitled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Its very good, that first episode second series was edge of seat drama from scene to scene, took about 5 seconds to forget it was subtitled.

It's just brilliant. I hope it starts to gain even more of a following as it's definitely up there with some of the best series.

Watched the first season of Peaky Blinders. It's decent but I find it a bit dull, maybe the grim setting (not Birmingham per se but post-WWI) doesn't help with that but I'm not exactly hooked. I'll keep watching though, want to get to the season with Tom Hardy.

Cillian Murphy is good and his accent is pretty good too. Some of the others aren't so good with their brummie though. The guy who plays the Commie who's banging Cillian Murphy's sister is particularly bad, as is Aunt Pol. Perhaps she should get some advice from her real life husband regarding accents since his American is very convincing.

Edited by Ginko

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'll keep watching though, want to get to the season with Tim Hardy.

It's a good season and Hardy is fantastic in it but I kept thinking that he plays the role very similar to how played Bronson.

Arthur's accent is very good though I sometimes wonder if it's a little too much sometimes.

Then again I don't have a brummie accent at all and my family are from Four Oaks so their accents that I'm used to might not be quite as strong as people from Small Heath.

Edited by Ginko

Â