Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are on my watchlist. As BCS is a prequel, would it be better to watch it first or to watch BB first?

Definitely Breaking Bad.

For many reasons, but mainly BCS isn't finished yet and won't be for a while.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Finished Vinyl.

After an unsteady start it was really very good indeed. Well worth a watch if you haven't already.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It certainly got stronger as it went on.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it didn't need the gangster stuff, they had enough to go on

Agree with this. Would have been better if they just stuck with the record stuff. 

• Like 1

Peter Stormare has joined American Gods cast, amongst others. It's been a while since I've read it, but Stormare's role is the one you'd immediately think of if you said 'I'm casting for an adaptation of American Gods and have to hire Peter Storemare...'.

• Like 1

I loved Vinyl, would have loved to see a few more shitty underground punk bands get found though. Hopefully that will come. The Nasty Bits are cool, but even the newer material they are making is sounding way too polished imo. I liked their earlier stuff when they sucked. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Peter Stormare has joined American Gods cast, amongst others. It's been a while since I've read it, but Stormare's role is the one you'd immediately think of if you said 'I'm casting for an adaptation of American Gods and have to hire Peter Storemare...'.

Haha! Perfect Czernobog material :D

• Like 2

One thing I would say about vinyl is apart from the first episode when they made led Zeppelin sound like chas and Dave (I know a fair few people who turned it off there and then and have never gone back) the hardest part of the entire show is the real people and to be fair to them they did really well with them, some of the strongest bits of the show have been the real stars, when Raymond didn't get Bowie and then he got life on Mars was brilliant, think it peaked with the end of the Vegas episode, that to me was classic winter, brilliant writing that the rest of the series always fell short of

That Louis Theroux doc was tough viewing. Think I preferred his American adventures.

Ye was fairly grim. Poor joe was a sorry sight but thankfully he looked in better shape at the end but what about that guy Gary, what a prick he was.

Â