Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

What Marvel series is on netflix?

worth watching?

As V01 says above, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. There's 2 series of Daredevil (both very good) and the one Jessica Jones series, which is a bit different but still very good. Both shows benefit from superb villains, with Jessica Jones having arguably one of the more sinister there has been in any superhero show.

There will be 2 more shows, Luke Cage (who is introduced in Jones) coming in the Autumn and Iron Fist, which is filming at the mo. They're then going to do an Avengers style crossover miniseries.

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

As V01 says above, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. There's 2 series of Daredevil (both very good) and the one Jessica Jones series, which is a bit different but still very good. Both shows benefit from superb villains, with Jessica Jones having arguably one of the more sinister there has been in any superhero show.

There will be 2 more shows, Luke Cage (who is introduced in Jones) coming in the Autumn and Iron Fist, which is filming at the mo. They're then going to do an Avengers style crossover miniseries.

Really enjoyed Jessica jones. It was different and like you say the villiAn makes thisshows just because of how sinister he is

So for the first time, I'm watching Game Of Thrones on a weekly basis (I only watched it for the first time last hr so binged it).

I need some recommendations on what else to watch:

GOT is the only series I have ever watched all the way through.

Hated - The Wire (I'm sure many will disapprove), but just found it so boring.

Open to suggestions, ones I've considered so far:

Vikings - Is it too same is has GOT?

Breaking Bad - Not sure why I've never watched it. Is it genuinely that good that, or very over hyped?

Any other recommendations and why. 

Thanks in advance 

Ones that I've watched, which are finished

24, Lost & The Shield. Enjoyed them all immensely. 

Blacklist and Ray Donovan are very good (they are ongoing)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So for the first time, I'm watching Game Of Thrones on a weekly basis (I only watched it for the first time last hr so binged it).

I need some recommendations on what else to watch:

GOT is the only series I have ever watched all the way through.

Hated - The Wire (I'm sure many will disapprove), but just found it so boring.

Open to suggestions, ones I've considered so far:

Vikings - Is it too same is has GOT?

Breaking Bad - Not sure why I've never watched it. Is it genuinely that good that, or very over hyped?

Any other recommendations and why. 

Thanks in advance 

Try Gomorra, it's back soon for a new series. 

• Like 4

On 2/7/2016 at 14:44, Stevo985 said:

Said it before but the finale of Season 4 of The Wire is the peak of Television. The finest 90 minutes of TV I've ever seen.

Ozymandias from Breaking Bad is probably a close second.

I'm ashamed but I still need to watch The Wire. Is it on any streaming services?

Currently enjoying: The Flash, Daredevil, GOT, Fear the Walking Dead and a few other series. I have way too many to watch.

27 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I'm ashamed but I still need to watch The Wire. Is it on any streaming services?

Currently enjoying: The Flash, Daredevil, GOT, Fear the Walking Dead and a few other series. I have way too many to watch.

Don't be ashamed, be happy. You get to watch a brilliant, brilliant TV show for the first time. I'm jealous, not smug. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've downloaded first 2 episodes of Game of Thrones from Sky, lets see what all the fuss is about :lol:

It's a grower, even if you don't enjoy those don't give up. It took me a while to get into it and now I love it.

As for The Wire, going to hunt down the series now. Hoping it'll be on one of the services I use.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

It's a grower, even if you don't enjoy those don't give up. It took me a while to get into it and now I love it.

As for The Wire, going to hunt down the series now. Hoping it'll be on one of the services I use.

Just remember the golden rule of The Wire.

Everyone thinks it's crap after only a few episodes. Stick with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

I actually watched the first 40 minutes once but turned it off as it was about 11:30 and I was knackered :-) I'll give it a proper chance this time!

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I actually watched the first 40 minutes once but turned it off as it was about 11:30 and I was knackered :-) I'll give it a proper chance this time!

Stick with it, it's worth it. 

And Re: The Wire, I cannot find it on Amazon, Netflix or SkyGo :(

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

You're in for a treat, it has the finest scene in all of television ever.

47 minutes ago, DK82 said:

And Re: The Wire, I cannot find it on Amazon, Netflix or SkyGo :(

I've never watched it either, so tried to find an answer. Seems you can stream on HBO Go but I have no idea if that's available in the UK. It's not on any devices I own, anyway. Other than that it's dvd or blu ray, or...those other places. 

Â